Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Finding my way in NYC....

Group Created by Cashelle

for those looking for accomodation, support and advise when moving to NYC and people who can provide some assistance from experience!

View All Members Showing 10 of 17 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. MYSHU_FETISH
    03-30-2017 01:09 PM - permalink
    MYSHU_FETISH
    Hello everyone! Next week I will be bringing my family to NYC ( first time for them all except for my 12yr old). This go round we will be staying in Jersey City. Is the PATH the best was into Time Square? Since I will have 7 others (including a 2 yrs old), I would like to making traveling as easy as possible..
  2. bfried
    02-10-2012 09:52 AM - permalink
    bfried
    Hi. I provide tutoring in adolescent mathematics (7th through 12th G) at reasonable rates in the New York area (NYC/Westchester). It can be daunting for a child to adjust to a new school environment, including getting comfortable with new teachers, new administration, new cultures and assumed prerequisite math knowledge. I can help bring your child up to speed in terms of where s/he should currently be, as well as prepare for the Regents or Math SAT. I can also work within the context of their textbooks, and interactively work on homework.
    I can be reached at 914-238-5859. Barry
  3. newcomer12
    01-26-2012 09:46 AM - permalink
    newcomer12
    Hello,

I am moving from FL to NY (somewhere between Cornwall and Yonkers). I have never been to NY, so I am in SERIOUS need of suggestions from some who knows the general area.

some important things about me:

- I will have a car but prefer being in a town/city near public transportation -also, I like being in walking distance of most things- grocery, coffee, etc. (1 mile or so)
    - I have a son( starting the 9th grade in september) so need to be near decent high school
    - looking to stay in the ($1500-$2000/mo) for rent.

any help that i can use to narrow down my search will be appreciated!
  4. East Coast Wanderer
    04-05-2009 08:04 PM - permalink
    East Coast Wanderer
    Have you tried getting referrals through your school?
  5. Cashelle
    04-05-2009 06:16 AM - permalink
    Cashelle
    I am a female looking for a share appartment in NYC. I'll be moving there in August to start college in September. I can't afford anything too expensive so I'm not expecting anything fancy but I'll be attending school in manhattan so would prefer a place there. I would like to get accomodation before I start. How much time will I need to find an apartment? Is it possible to find something like this in manhattan?