Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Moving and in an Interracial Relationship

Group Created by rachieroo242

This is for couples of any race to talk about all things that go along with interracial relationships and relocating to a new place!

View All Members Showing 10 of 36 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 20
  1. nelson55
    03-08-2019 10:14 PM - permalink
    nelson55
    Im white male& interested in meeting an black female age 20 to 65
  2. Demak
    03-29-2017 06:01 AM - permalink
    Demak
    Am new hear, looking forward for more friends
  3. cdgrayson1964
    03-20-2017 06:56 PM - permalink
    cdgrayson1964
    Is Glen Allen,Va an nice place to live for a Black Man married to an White Woman. who is retired Navy and looking for a place in Glen Allen,Va that will be ok with seeing an interracial married couple.
  4. NIKKIP2113
    05-31-2010 07:45 PM - permalink
    NIKKIP2113
    I am a black women who has never been that concerned with what a guy was on the outside as long as he was a good person on the inside. However I notice I am more attracted to white guys. I have lived in the metro areas with my white boyfriends and out in the boonies with them as well and I'd have to say the bigger cities are more tolerable of interracial couples because people are so busy there they could care less. And in the country there just a little less tolerable but I think it's only because it's unfamiliar to them. For the most part people are really nice. Unless you're a black guy dating white girl in the country then you'd better watch your a$$.
  5. reggie2277
    05-23-2010 05:16 AM - permalink
    reggie2277
    i'm a black male,new to this group.lets'meet.
  6. newenglandbound
    10-12-2009 05:35 PM - permalink
    newenglandbound
    Me and my husband are moving to Mass (possibly Reading) in a few months, he is white and I am hispanic, wondering if anyone has a take on the people in and around the Reading/North Reading area. My husband is from Manchester NH and when I'm there with my in-laws I forget that I'm the odd one out so to speak, until we're in town and I notice I turn heads, sometimes in a good way and sometimes in a bad way haha. It's ok because I have my family with me so it doesn't bother me much but now that we're going to move to Mass, it's a little scary to think about not fitting in because of my skin. Being from Los Angeles I have NEVER had this problem. I guess I'm looking for some reassurance that I'll be ok but also wondering if there are better towns for my situation to move to in Mass. We're in our early 30's and looking for a slower pace than LA but also not to sleepy of a town...we definitely are not city people so Boston is out, but my husband will be commuting to Boston for work so the easy commute is important. I want to stay north of Boston so I don't have to travel to far to be with my in-laws....any suggestions???
  7. arielle2889
    10-12-2009 11:05 AM - permalink
    arielle2889
    Hi! I'm Arielle and am engaged and am madly in love with a wonderful korean man. I have a couple advice questions, if anyone could help me out that would be wonderful.

I currently live in Boston with my guy, but we have recently came across some financial problems. My parents have recently bought a house with a separate apartment above the garage and offered it to us. The problem is it is were I grew up, in up state New Hampshire, were it is extremely 'country'. My guy has lived in Boston for most of his life, and is worried about being the 'only' Asian guy. I understand his hesitation, but my family and extended family all love him and want to help us out. How can I help him ease his fears and let him know that he has the support of a lot of people?
  8. trainlvr
    08-22-2009 07:52 PM - permalink
    trainlvr
    The one thing is understanding each other culture etc.. When I met my new Husband his character was more important to me then his outer package. We share the same values, religion, shared interests etc and differences which made a nice balance. I can't even remember being this happy. In this life will always have hateful ignorant people whom can't see pass their nose. I am looking forward to sharing experiences from other.
    Trainlvr from So. CA
  9. trainlvr
    08-22-2009 07:33 PM - permalink
    trainlvr
    hi i am new to this site and hoping to meet others on here..
  10. teejuris
    07-08-2009 07:48 PM - permalink
    teejuris
    Hello, Everyone:I will be relocating from the Midwest to Irving/Las Colinas, TX. In the past, I've dated various races/ethnicities of men: African American, of course, white, Canadian, and Greek. The only race/nationality of men in which I was not interested, and therefore, declined to date was an Asian man. I believe only self-assured, well-balanced and grounded people that are not plagued by self hatred or an identity crisis should date interracially. This is the only healthy way to contribute most efficiently and effectively to an interracial relationship w/o either person walking away with stereotypical perceptions of the other person. Unfortunately, many African Americans date interracially for trivial and immature reasons, i.e., ashamed of their race, women-feeling as if there's a shortage of quality African American men; and men-believing white women will tolerate more from them, w/o much objection or complaint, than African American women; and to have a more probable chance of having "pretty" children. One of my close male friends who is Mexican & Chinese as well as the Greek guy I dated informed me a couple of black women they dated previously told them they (black women) wanted them to impregnate them so they could have children w/ "pretty hair". Ignorant, right? Yes, unbelievable!I don't plan to start dating immediately when I move to TX-I prefer to get settled in first-but it will be very interesting to date in a different region of the country. I look forward to the experience.