Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Rose and Perennial and vegetable Gardeners Welcome!

Group Created by Roses_235

Discuss all the ways of gardening.
If you love gardening of any kind then this is a great place to be. Or if you are just getting started and have questions then welcome to our place!
Grab a cup of coffee and settle in.
It's going to be a great year!

View All Members Showing 10 of 43 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 8 Picture(s)
just finished little garden in front of the house
From oath
Home in inman deck
From Roses_235
azaleas up close
From Roses_235
azalea by the pond
From Roses_235
Roses from my garden
From Roses_235
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 25
  1. Joanieaz50
    03-17-2018 05:14 PM - permalink
    Joanieaz50
    HELP! I have a vegetable plant (I think) in my garden and I can't figure out what it is. I want to post a photo on here. Is that possible? Thanks, Joanie
  2. jj68
    05-28-2017 10:16 AM - permalink
    jj68
    Anyone have advice on how to get deter voles from the veggie garden? They are destroying my onions and asparagus. I don't want to use chemicals as my garden is organic and I have pets. I also don't want to trap them because I would then have to kill them (ugh) or transport them very far away and that would be a pain. Anyone have success deterring voles?
  3. Darlinmiller
    03-06-2017 02:09 PM - permalink
    Darlinmiller
    Hi everyone Im new here but have a question from my mom who is English and you know how they love to garden. This is her problem. She has a Jackamanii Clamtis thats at least 18 years old and I can't tell you how tall it is cause its huge. Mom lives at 7000 feet in Big Bear Lake Ca. The problem is the clamatis in question gets covered in buds but they don't open. Anyone know why? It use to bloom like crazy. They have had some warm winters with very little snow but the ground still froze. We never get snow here so maybe the warm winters arn't the problem. Any answers would be helpful.
    Thank you
    Darlin
  4. Kathy W
    03-31-2013 10:29 AM - permalink
    Kathy W
    Hey, I am new to the group and the area. I just had a great landscaping company come out and put in a perennial garden for me. They were wonderful to deal with and seemed very knowledgeable. Peraus Design Has anyone used them before? It is a woodland garden. We used lenton rose, lungwort, ostrich fern, japanese roof iris, hosta and jacobs ladder. Have anyone used these plants? I am hoping they do well. The area looks great now!!
  5. Butterfly4u
    03-01-2013 02:39 PM - permalink
    Butterfly4u
    Hi All!
    Second post and it's March 1, 2013. Well, we will all be getting ready for the spring soon.
    Sprayed the pittosporums out front today, it had cushiony scale all over it. I have 5, so hopefully the spray will work and the scale will disappear this year. (If I knew they were this buggy I wouldn't have bought them), but we will see if they grow a litle bigger this year.
    Just ordered a Westerland Rose from Jenkins and Perkions today, don't know when I will get it, but I'm excited about growing it this year.
    Who posted the pic of the pond? OMG, it's beautiful! I have a really small one
    out back that I hope will look nice this year. Your pond is beautiful!
    Hope you all will be back this summer posting...Are you all getting the
    "itch" yet like I am?
    I will post pics when things start waking up.
  6. finernfrogfur
    10-17-2012 09:58 AM - permalink
    finernfrogfur
    Hi, Looking to connect with Tucson, AZ area gardeners. Getting settled into our new home and looking for ideas to landscape our small west facing back yard. Anybody out there who knows about Fruit Cocktail/Citrus Cocktail Trees and what nurseries carry them? Would also appreciate advice about espalier - dwarf trees: manderine orange, navel orange, ruby red grapefruit, lemon, lime, apricot, plum and vines: thompson seedless grape and a seedless red grape (flame??). Thanks!!
  7. iamtall
    05-01-2012 09:54 PM - permalink
    iamtall
    Are there active members here? Do the conversations happen somewhere else that I don't know about?
  8. iamtall
    04-13-2012 03:50 PM - permalink
    iamtall
    Hello, I'm from Lancaster CA. I thoroughly enjoy gardening. I started composting about two years ago, and I was looking for some advice in that venture. I compost grass, old plants, fruit and vegetable scraps, cardboard and old newspaper, that's about it. Are there other things that I can compost besides that?
  9. prayful
    03-14-2012 10:12 PM - permalink
    prayful
    Oh, yes, I reside in central Oklahoma. I tought this might have some significance in what I plant. :-)
  10. prayful
    03-14-2012 10:10 PM - permalink
    prayful
    Good Evening-
    I am new to city-data and this is the first group I have joined. I need advise: I live in a duplex with no room to plant a garden. My husband has an old computer desk (tall) that he plans to place outside our kitchen window and place planters on it so I can grow a few herbs, greens, & maybe onions. I am unable to bend or squat due to medical issues. Any suggestions about what to plant would be greatly appreciated. Thanks