Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

New York Life

Group Created by 43bonnie

Started by someone moving to NY who wants to make friends online to look forward to meeting when the move happens

View All Members Showing 10 of 15 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 7 of 7
  1. irish irish spanish spani
    08-02-2015 01:44 AM - permalink
    irish irish spanish spani
    Moving to NY from Oxford UK in October. 1st time. No flat, no friends: ADVENTURE.. So need friends Thanx!
  2. mixhoyamix
    07-03-2015 04:44 AM - permalink
    mixhoyamix
    Hi everyone. I am very excited about moving to NY but also at the same time I am a bit concerned as I don't really have much friends there. I graduated from a school in NYC and moved back to my hometown. I lost touch with most of my school friends. I would love to make some female friends who I can have day or night activities together. I love visiting art galleries and museums.. as well as girl's night out
  3. PRINCESSNOTICE
    06-12-2009 08:28 AM - permalink
    PRINCESSNOTICE
    Hey, I currently live in the Bronx and I am willing to help anyone with any questions they have about NYC life. I am currently planning to move to Texas in January(yeah!!!!) but I know how hard it is for people to move to NYC from anywhere else. Feel free to hit me if you need any help beacuse I need the same damn help with someone from Texas, lol. One good deed deserves another right!
  4. starrider003
    05-24-2009 10:05 PM - permalink
    starrider003
    Hi everybody! I see this is a small group right now. Hope it will get bigger. I'm originally from upstate (Johnson City/Binghamton area)...I know, I know...we're considered country folk by "the city's" standards. Living in Utah now, but really miss NY. The food here has a lot to be desired..hehe If you would like information 43bonnie, Elmira etc is not that far from where I grew up. Let me know what you would like to know about the area and I will try to help.
  5. East Coast Wanderer
    04-05-2009 08:10 PM - permalink
    East Coast Wanderer
    Cashelle, Unless you've been to NYC/Manhattan before, the first impression is to be overwhelmed. There's no need to be. The buses and subways are a great way to get around, cabs cost a fortune. There's plenty to do in the City. Enjoy it.

43bonnie, I'm futher south than you are. I'm about an hour below Binghamton.
  6. Cashelle
    04-05-2009 06:00 AM - permalink
    Cashelle
    I am a female looking for a share appartment in NYC. I'll be moving there in August to start college in September. I can't afford anything too expensive so I'm not expecting anything fancy but I'll be attending school in manhattan so would prefer a place there. I would like to get accomodation before I start. How much time will I need to find an apartment? Is it possible to find something like this in manhattan?
  7. 43bonnie
    11-07-2008 07:45 PM - permalink
    43bonnie
    Hello out there!! I would love to touch base with anyone living in the southern tier of NY, specifically in the Corning, Elmira, Horseheads area. I would really like to make friends with someone online, so I have a face to face meeing to look forward to when I get there. You know, do lunch, go shopping, have wine and cheese parties. And especially, someone with teenagers to talk about whatever comes up with the kids!!