Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

A Big Move

Group Created by Wendy N.

Anyone make a big move thousands of miles away and want to share your stories? The good, bad and the ugly. And of course, humorous. I have recently moved from NJ to Las Vegas. Left all my belongings in NJ and am basically "camping" out in my rental. Puts me in a very strange mind-set, but I'm plugging along. Anyone have a great experience with this sort of thing? I'm no spring-chicken, but feeling a bit peckish. Thanks for sharing, Wendy

View All Members Showing 10 of 164 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 57
  1. TiffanyRiggins
    07-23-2016 10:49 PM - permalink
    TiffanyRiggins
    Hi my name is Tiffany and I am really thinking about moving to Alaska from Alabama any advice on a great place to live. And a good job for a phlebotomy.
  2. mspear77
    04-02-2016 09:58 PM - permalink
    mspear77
    Hi lm looking to move to Arizona in 2017 do anyone n how much the rent runs up der nd how much in social security dey pay ?
  3. Nurse2015
    01-22-2016 02:32 PM - permalink
    Nurse2015
    Hi I'm new to this and I am looking to moved from Cleveland Ohio to Las Vegas by July I'm not sure exactly what area but I'm looking to move there anyhow I'm a licensed practical nurse with 3 children and husband if anyone has any good ideas please share with me
  4. RitaV24
    07-29-2014 07:44 PM - permalink
    RitaV24
    Hey guys, my fiancée, 3 year old and I are hoping to do a BIG MOVE from our home Island in Puerto Rico to the USA.
    I wrote a thread about it.
    Just hoping to get my story out there. And much needed help.
  5. asherbee
    02-26-2014 12:58 AM - permalink
    asherbee
    Hey everyone! I'm looking to make the haul from Long Beach, CA to St Louis, MO with my fiance. We are looking to start our family in a new city. We have time to plan for the move and save what ever money we can for the move date December 1st. Any advice on moving trucks, moving pods, storage, safe neighborhoods, etc would be appreciated! I'm sure I'll begin to go crazy once the move gets closer lol
  6. orvillestrathy
    02-09-2014 09:16 PM - permalink
    orvillestrathy
    Hi Everybody!
    How are you/
  7. NE Gardener
    01-29-2014 06:55 PM - permalink
    NE Gardener
    My husband and I want to relocate somewhere with a longer growing season than the northeast with a better cost of living than overpriced Connecticut. I have worked in healthcare for 30 years and have about 18 years until retirement. We would like to move to North Carolina in the next few years. I would need to work for about another 15 years, but want it to be in the location where we will retire. I do not want to wait until my 60's or 70's to make a big move like my in-laws did going from CT to TX. Greenville looks good to us. What do we need to consider? Is working at Vidant or East Carolina University a good option for me? Real Estate prices? Neighborhoods that are suburban and affordable (my husband is on disability) with good medical care. Our children are grown, so schools are not in the equation.
  8. misspearl77
    09-02-2013 10:49 PM - permalink
    misspearl77
    Hello everybody! I live in Atlanta.But I want to move some where were nobody knows me. I want to start a whole new life with my 2kids and my husband, but I don't know where to though. where would be a good nice relaxing place to move to? I want to move to a place where it is very calm and relaxing. maybe another country or something.. if you wanted to start a whole new life where would you move to and why?
  9. Domenicarain
    08-29-2013 05:24 PM - permalink
    Domenicarain
    Hi, I moved in Anchorage Alaska all the way from Cyprus island, a Greek island! It was a life dream of ours - me and my husband - but also crises in Cyprus pushed us to come to Alaska for a better future and also help my children finish studies in England and Athens. I am originally from Cyprus and my husband is an American! It is a big move, big change! First I fall in love with Alaska and all that beauty and still I am so happy to be here... but having some adjusting problems, away from 'home', family, friends, culture. It is so hard to learn to become a new person, even a little. I must find a job I think but the problem is that for some reason since I've got here I need sleep 9-10 hours, not sure why. Hopefully soon I'll get to know some people, the right people as we cant all match between us! I wish it was easier than that. Anyone knows about part time jobs here, being active not sitting all day... any advice will be very much appreciated!!!
  10. whatplanetweon
    08-29-2013 04:57 PM - permalink
    whatplanetweon
    I'm planning to relocate to the Northwest. I lived there for 10 years before returning to Georgia. I've been here with my family so far with my 3 year old son and I wish to return to the Northwest. My girlfriend and I are going on 9 months and weve been doing this long distance relationship. I wanted to move back before I met her. However, my plan was to return to WA because of more resources verses OR (thats where my girlfriend) stays. She's not ready to move in together but IS willing to let me stay with her (she rents out a room with other tenants) until i get my own place and even suggested that I work with her temp until I can find a job. I agree with us not moving in with each too soon however if I move to Portland I would need her help. She's uneasy about me moving to WA (until I can make my way down to portland) because of what happened (hush hush) which I understand but I'm basically telling her until she is ready to give me that full commiment will she have me in Portland, because shes all i know there. In washington, I know alot more people,etc etc...It's kind of an interesting transition because we both want to be 'together' but we are wanting to do everything right in order to have a successful relationship. But besides that, Do any of you know of Single mother resources in WA and or OR..that would be able to help with housing and or jobs??? Thanks