Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Pain / Chronic Pain

Group Created by Roselvr

Do you suffer from chronic pain?
Do you need someone to talk to?
Come, share stories of how you deal with every day living as well as what works for you whether it's prescriptions or other treatments

View All Members Showing 10 of 41 Member(s)
Showing 1 of 1 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 18
  1. fabfashionz
    02-14-2019 01:05 AM - permalink
    fabfashionz
    hey i am very happy to see your group
    ksic sarees online
  2. robihart15
    02-13-2019 07:28 PM - permalink
    robihart15
    I too have suffered from Chronic Pain and Fibromyalgia, and have made an amazing discovery that I didn't see coming! My Physician recommended Red Tea for blood sugar regulation, but found that it has amazing anti-inflammatory properties. My knee pain and low back pain have disappeared since drinking this, and my hair and skin have greatly improved from its strong cleansing properties! EVERYONE should drink this! I also lost 9 pounds in 2 weeks!https://bit.ly/2SVk9Ln
  3. dogs13
    04-28-2013 12:00 PM - permalink
    dogs13
    I am turning the big 3-0 on Tuesday!!! Please Help make this weekend/week huge!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to CANDY2783 FanClubs!
  4. MystMoonstruck
    04-13-2013 03:06 AM - permalink
    MystMoonstruck
    That would be great to have: all that medical help in one place.

Just for the fibro, I'm told I'd have to see a rheumatologist in the state capital, which is far too far away for me to drive.

I'm thinking of trying a half-hour massage therapy session, as I had luck with one several years ago. An hour-long one was disastrous; 30 minutes is my limit. It would be nice if that helped. Maybe I could afford it once a month.

I don't think I'll ever find a painkiller that will work on me without bad side effects. *sigh* It's difficult to stay anywhere near chipper after all of these decades. I do try! I'd love to be able to walk farther and to be able to stand for a longer time. I keep trying=]
  5. drpowerhealth
    04-12-2013 11:07 AM - permalink
    drpowerhealth
    By combining Doctors of Chiropractic, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic Neurology, and Spinal Decompression Therapy under one roof we are able to help you get rid of almost all your aches and pains including, but not limited to..

Chronic Low Back and Neck Pain
    Sciatica
    Headaches
    Migraines
    Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
    Whiplash
    Pain from Bulging or Herniated Discs
    and much more
  6. MystMoonstruck
    03-31-2013 11:53 PM - permalink
    MystMoonstruck
    CFIDS
    fibromyalgia
    Myofascial Pain Syndrome
    Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
    Congestive Heart Failure
    arthritis/osteoarthritis/psoriatic arthritis
    and loads of other stuff

I had hopes that Tramadol and Meloxicam would help, as there are few medications I can take, particularly for pain. However, I began having horrendous, burning pain in my chest and down my arms that would start my heart pounding and sometimes skipping. It seems both of those drugs have this as a side effect. So, now, I'm back on Tylenol, which barely does a thing. 24/7, I hurt from head to toe. I understand that comment someone made about hair hurting.

I figure that I've been battling some of the worst symptoms since I was about 30, so I've spent half my life trying to hold down fulltime jobs that were very demanding. At my last job, it was becoming so bad that I could barely walk, even leaning against walls. Someone suggested I check out Disability, but I'd heard that it sometimes takes years. It took them only three months to decide in my favor, so I guess they decided I was pretty puny. I cried when I was told. the man at Social Security said it's a common reaction because a person is relieved that s/he doesn't have to keep pushing when it's getting impossible and because it hurts to be told, "Yes. You ARE disabled."

I keep having flareups every few years that set me back every time I think I'm making headway. I have an arsenal of pain ointments, including Theragesic and Sombra. But, there's just so much that topical analgesics can do. I've tried homeopathics but haven't had luck finding anything that helps. Maybe they keep me from backsliding more.

If I can get to where I can bear to be touched, I might try massage therapy. I had a couple of sessions years ago, and they seemed to help.

I want to be able to walk more than a few feet and to stand for more than a few minutes. I can't use a wheelchair because it stresses my arms, wrists and hands,which give me so many problems. I guess I had too many injuries to the body from falls (very bad spine), so I have countless pressure points that scream at me.

My doctor is trying to be patient, but I think she's out of suggestions for painkillers. She has never treated anyone with so many problems, so I can understand her frustration.

When I started Tramadol, I thought, "Finally! I'm going to be able to sleep!" I feel a bit like a zombie (oldtime, not brain-eating!) a lot of the time, with a foggy head and heavy eyelids.

I used to have a great chiropractic doctor who did acupuncture, but he retired many years ago. Today, nearly all chiropractors do "non-invasive" treatment, which doesn't work for me, as I learned at great expense to pocketbook and body.
  7. adammcg
    03-20-2013 07:23 PM - permalink
    adammcg
    Hello all,

Hope everyone is doing good. I am glad I have found this group. I am 48 yrs. old and have been looking for alternative ways to end the chronic pain i have in my knees, Elbows, hands, etc.I would like to know of some natural treatments to help with the toxins that are causing a lot of pain in the joints.
    If anyone has any suggestions to help slow the progression as well as to limit the current pain i have?

First post here.
    Regards'
    Adam
  8. Derp-D-Derp
    01-13-2013 12:44 AM - permalink
    Derp-D-Derp
    I'd just like a day without pain. This is more than Fibro (25 or 30 years) but I don't know what it is. Someone suggested I get tested for MS <sigh>
  9. Boston4ever
    12-30-2012 07:07 PM - permalink
    Boston4ever
    So glad I found a group that knows what it's like to live with pain.
  10. KatR10
    06-28-2012 01:58 PM - permalink
    KatR10
    Hello! I am new to this whole city-data site so I don't know where I should post this...it's on the main page but I also want to gain support and offer my help to others. I live in Centreville, VA and am having a terrible time finding a doctor who treats Fibromyalgia. Thank you! -Kat

I moved back to the area but have had nothing but negative experiences with pain management doctors. I've had Fibromyalgia for years and when I first moved back I saw a doctor who just gave me pain medication and injections that made my flareups even worse. He was completely rude (he actually said "what do you want" when I went in to see him for a follow-up) so I decided to look for another doctor. Unfortunately I made the mistake of going to a doctor in the same group. I just wanted to "be heard" but instead was accused of trying to "doctor hop" (I thought it would be easier just to switch doctors and didn't know it was wrong). They accused me of this even though I went in saying I didn't want to stay on the medication the other doc gave me and basically wanted another opinion. I was completely shocked about what that doc said to me and of course the rude demeanor. I was told that doctors don't know why people have Fibro and there's really nothing that doctors can do except recommend injections and physical therapy in their office (which from past experience is a total joke). On top of that the doctor told me that I needed to go somewhere to "detox" from the medication the first doctor gave me.

I saw my psychiatrist later that day and I was crying and very upset...and he told me that those doctors didn't know what they were talking about and that I needed to look for another doctor. He told me how to safely stop the medication and I did it on my own without any problems. My bad experiences have only increased my anxiety problem and I have been too scared to go to another doctor after my first couple of experiences.

I am so frustrated right now and have just been living and dealing with the pain, the horrible headaches, stiffness, etc. on my own but I realize that I'm not going to get better by avoiding getting help from a good doctor.

If anyone knows of a good doctor who treats Fibromyalgia please let me know. I am open to doctors of any specialty. I just want someone who respects his/her patients, who cares, will listen, and will work with me to actually reduce my pain levels. I also do not want to go to a doc who pushes drugs that will just mask the pain.

Thank you in advance for any help that you can provide! :-)

P.S. I have Cigna health insurance...I've been finding that this has made my search even more complicated.