Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Retired Singles

Group Created by ConeyIsBabe

Now that you have retired from work, either because of years/age eligibility or health issues, what do you plan on doing the rest of your life? It's easier when you have a built-in support system as a married couple, but starting a new life as a single person is more daunting. Do you plan on relocation? Where? How do you make new friends? Let's share ideas. Are you counting the days to retirement? Wannabees are welcome to join this social group and share your concerns. Please post something to keep our group on the top of the list. Please post your favorite photos !

View All Members Showing 10 of 116 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 9 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 240
  1. click2
    10-04-2015 10:21 AM - permalink
    click2
    Yes! Greetings to you all in the room. Right place to search for love in indeed. Who will be my friend here and out there as well? Please mail me and let move forward from here.
  2. click2
    10-04-2015 10:15 AM - permalink
    click2
    Yes! am here to search for love so who wish to be in love with me?
  3. Em_3
    08-23-2015 11:03 AM - permalink
    Em_3
    My parents are retired and they came across this.
    It's insane. You can look younger instantly! That's right, in two minutes. Don't miss this !
    http://youtu.be/bvNAdftBK50 (copy and paste into your address bar)
  4. irish irish spanish spani
    08-02-2015 01:41 AM - permalink
    irish irish spanish spani
    HI! Only 43 but I`ve alreAdy made my pile and need a WOMAN.
  5. chicagotyran
    03-09-2014 07:31 PM - permalink
    chicagotyran
    Hi Everyone,I'm Here Seeking A Business Partner For A Home Health Care Agency.I Have 25 Years Experience In The Field....Help",lol.
  6. kralygirl
    02-05-2014 09:27 AM - permalink
    kralygirl
    Hi, anyone there? I'm new to this site and not sure how it works. Living in NY and plan on retiring within the next 3 years....have nice condo in Tequesta but concerned about such a big move...any advice????
  7. ConeyIsBabe
    11-07-2013 08:15 PM - permalink
    ConeyIsBabe
    Just checking in to see if there is any activity in this group.
  8. Christine54
    06-09-2013 10:25 PM - permalink
    Christine54
    Retired in 2009 due to MS. Was married but that is ending hopefully soon. Free!!! For the first time in my whole life!!! OMG...His affair was a blessing in disguise.
  9. Mr_Klister
    03-07-2012 02:40 PM - permalink
    Mr_Klister
    Hi everyone! I escaped the rat race last year, thanks to a timely VLO (voluntary layoff) offer from my company. Have called Colorado home for a bit over three decades now, but the extremely dry climate is wreaking havoc on my skin. I stay very active (running, hiking, Nordic skiing, bicycling), and love all the trails, Open Space parks, National Forests, etc. here, but am thinking of moving back to the Midwest (the land of my birth)(so, yes, I know about the winters and mosquitoes!), or perhaps Vermont, NH, or upstate NY. Also, a bit more liberal, and friendly, social/political climate would be nice. If anyone has any ideas for me, or if you have questions about Colorado, don't hesitate to get in touch. Cheers!
  10. virtuous2012
    02-25-2012 12:15 PM - permalink
    virtuous2012
    Hi I am a widow of 10 yrs.. and retired due to medical reasons. I live in Dothan, Al close to Florida.. Its difficult to meet other retired singles to do things with and it's lonely watching Tv all the time or going to church --you do still would like to have a social life -I enjoy traveling but hate doing it alone.. when you are an empty nester with children grown and living their busy lives--you start to wonder what's now for me to do? but before now for yrs you looked forward to retirement year and here it is and I feel stuck.. need some help and advise please.. and where are the single men our age? and how do you meet some of them if you are a christian lady and not the clubbing type person?