Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a moderated group.

Healthy Foods and Nutrition

Group Created by 2bpurrfect

Share knowledge & experiences about healthy foods and nutrition related stuff. Please no spam! Questions are of course welcome too. Links to informative pages are ok. Pics of anything on- topic ---we need 'em-- post them please!!!!
With an emphasis on low cost foods and nutrition. The closer we get to nature, and Paradise, it seems the less expensive things can be!
This group is moderated rather casually, just to keep the option open to weeding out the spammy stuff and such.
People who have little or nothing on their profile, or too few posts, might not get admitted.

View All Members Showing 10 of 89 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 5 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 45
  1. 2bpurrfect
    07-25-2022 06:14 AM - permalink
    2bpurrfect

PRINTABLE RECIPE--- https://mindovermunch.com/wprm_print/38481

HARDBOILED EGGS- WITHOUT WATER- AKA, BAKED EGGS IN THE SHELL

Love this concept! especially since it is supposed to make peeling easier.
    There's no protein more perfect than eggs. It's gonna be blistering hot in Portland this week, so i'm getting ready for potato salad etc. before it hits. (Also, cold cooked potatoes are actually a " good carb"! unlike grain carbs and sugars, it is ok for a keto diet.)

Tonight I'm trying them in my toaster oven- just keeping them in front or in back of the top broiler burner as i think it's too close.

HAS ANYONE TRIED IT? LET US KNOW HOW IT WORKED OUT. I'LL TRY AND POST MY RESULTS.

2. 2bpurrfect
    07-02-2015 07:29 PM - permalink
    2bpurrfect
    hey drez, i found this page and graphic that illustrate some activities and foods believed to be good for belly fat reduction.
    the page: Top 5 Easiest Tips for Reducing the Belly Fatness - Trendseve.com

3. 2bpurrfect
    07-02-2015 07:14 PM - permalink
    2bpurrfect
    ACID/ALKALINE BODY BALANCE: IT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE. The food we eat matters a great deal in this! Medical professionals are now saying that disease thrives if your body is too acid in its ph level. There's a lot of info about this online, just be diligent and careful. Here are some articles and a chart that i found helpful....

Alkalize It or Why your body's pH matters with cancer

The Alkaline Diet: Is There Evidence That an Alkaline pH Diet Benefits Health?

***the chart is from this page: Alkaline vs Acidic Food Chart

NOTE-- I'm sure there may be some flavored "herb teas" which have non-alkalizing ingredients,it will definitely depend on what's in it. You can't define all herbal teas as being the same, there is such a huge variety.
  4. 2bpurrfect
    05-11-2015 04:41 AM - permalink
    2bpurrfect
    yeah i need some help with that too, but lifting heavy is out of the question. so it's dance for me. and using cider vinegar on veggies helps too.
  5. drez
    03-16-2015 12:56 PM - permalink
    drez
    What do you do to get rid of belly fat? I have been told to keep lifting heavy. It seems that works very well for me. How many of you are apple shaped and have the same concern and did lifting heavy help you too?
  6. 2bpurrfect
  7. 2bpurrfect
    08-29-2014 06:09 AM - permalink
    2bpurrfect
    Check out the table i just uploaded that shows the amounts of those wonderful carotenoids in various veggies and fruits. Including Lutein and Zeaxanthin- two nutrients that are said to really help your eyes and vision, etc. Also Lycopene, Carotene, and others. HERE IT IS.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
  8. 2bpurrfect
    08-29-2014 05:59 AM - permalink
    2bpurrfect
    CANNING- anyone do any canning lately? if you have a good and healthy recipe that you wish to post, it must be from a reputable, safe and officially tested source of course. I will try and post one or more from the Ball Blue Book.
  9. 2bpurrfect
    08-29-2014 05:52 AM - permalink
    2bpurrfect
    weight loss- I am not the most avid fan of Dr Oz, but my friend is- she gave me a tip that I tried. Dr Oz said to use 2 Tablespoons of vinegar at mealtime, to lose weight. It's that simple. Well i tried it with apple cider vinegar. after about 2 weeks, i noticed i had lost a couple pounds. I sporadically used this , and every time i went off it, i stopped losing weight. Went back on, and lost more weight. So now if i can just remember to find (good tasting) ways to use vinegar, i will keep doing it. When i made the pear chutney, that was one reason- i wanted to have some yummy ways of using and eating vinegar. Hopefully i will get some dill pickles made this summer, and that will be another way to eat vinegar- i love 'em in sandwiches. Do YOU have any good ways of using apple cider vinegar? if so post 'em please!
  10. 2bpurrfect
    08-29-2014 05:47 AM - permalink
    2bpurrfect
    hello! long time no see! how is your summer, everyone? mine has been HECTIC. still growing stuff in pots! this year i have a long lanky cherry tomato growing in half shade, but it still produces enough tomatoes for salads. and snow peas- grew pretty well in a pot, i will be replanting them for fall. Fresh-picked stuff just tastes so much better! even if it's just a few mouthfuls on the plate.
    I also plan on canning a bit this year. Anyone do any canning? Last winter i did some pear chutney- still have some pints left, it is SO good !