Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

BAD LANDLORDS

Group Created by Anastasia75

Discuss your experiences with bad landlords , give and ask advise

View All Members Showing 10 of 20 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Citizens24
    07-21-2015 09:46 AM - permalink
    Citizens24
    Hello everyone my name is Andrea I work with Hamilton Brown we are a small Firm in Pittsburgh, we handle cases like these you are explaining. We help our clients in every way possible. If you are interested in us helping you please do not hesitate to contact us at the office. The email is HamiltonBLLC@gmail.com or 412-475-8384.
  2. mariomack
    02-10-2014 07:55 PM - permalink
    mariomack
    just rented a room from this slum lord , prrivate entrance. 3 months ago, now shes saying due to my co. personal friends mind u , shes giving me till the 1st. of march to move. no eviction notice etc. wats my recourse
  3. weatherphotographer
    02-07-2014 07:16 PM - permalink
    weatherphotographer
    Anybody here that lived at Waynedale in Huber Heights? I did. I can give a story, or two or three, but way too long for this forum. I can give some advice, in the meantime:

1. ALWAYS take a phone video of your place after you cleaned. It really helped my case when the landlord made up charges of 1500 dollars(plus I had a witness also)

2. Know your renters right. If you feel they've been violated, contact Legal Aid, Civil Rights Commission, or Housing inspection(depending on the situation)

3. Never pay your rent in CASH! Ever!
  4. In2itive_1
    02-06-2014 06:27 AM - permalink
    In2itive_1
    Actually, I'm pretty lucky when it comes to "on-site management" and like them a lot. I've succeeded in having various issues resolved over the years. However, the Management Company supervisor can be a problem.. THAT woman is a witch. I can sympathize with anyone having issues with Owners / Managers that does not get resolved properly.

A related point - my issue mostly has been with having neighbors who are noisy, which I have experienced a few times.. and is pretty unbearable. I'm lucky at the moment that I am not currently being tormented by the current tenant above. I always freak out when a "quiet" tenant is moving out... I never know what may arrive next.
  5. ellenrr
    02-04-2014 07:58 AM - permalink
    ellenrr
    Friday I came home to find my bathroom flooded. I live in a basement apt. At first I was worried it was from the toilet upstairs, but it seems to be a pipe in the ceiling. You can see where the water has dripped down the walls. I called the landlord but he ignored me. If I call the city, they will do something, but then the landlord will threaten me. I am waiting to get an apt in senior housing.
  6. Miss miss5
    12-29-2013 06:42 PM - permalink
    Miss miss5
    Hello, just moved out of my house haven't been gone 30 days my landlord sends me a $350.00 bill for damages although some of the charges are trumped up but that's fine I just wanna move on the landlord and I always had A good relationship and we have known each other for years but for some reason she will not except and payment arrangement if I had the money I would just pay but I don't that's why I need a payment arrangement so where do I go from here if she don't want to set up the arrangement? Send help...
  7. bahamat9
    12-15-2013 03:19 PM - permalink
    bahamat9
    According to my finance calculator, $1875 over a period of 14 years(168 months) @ 7% totals $2005.92
  8. Anastasia75
    12-15-2013 11:40 AM - permalink
    Anastasia75
    Wondering what 7 percent of 1875.00 over14 years would be?
  9. Anastasia75
    12-15-2013 11:37 AM - permalink
    Anastasia75
    I am from nJ I have been a tennant renting the same home for 14 years. Among many other problems ive had over the years with this LL, I'm wondering if any one knows the answer to my question. My LL never gave me the proper information as to how my security deposit of1875.00 was handled and he never has paid me any interest on my deposit in the 14 years I have been his tennant.( even after many attempts asking for this info) in July I sent him a certified letter requesting this info once and for all.
    A month later in august he responded to my request by sending me a list of repairs that had to b done during my tennancy. He told me "I didn't have any security money left because of all the repairs he's had to make" I sent theLL another certified letter a month later telling him to apply the whole deposit PLUS 7 percent interest per year to pay any future or back rent. This is legal under the nj rent security deposit act. My LL said he added a clause in my lease that states" no interest on security deposit shall be paid on months that rent is late" is this a legal stipulation? can the LL lawfully keep my interest? I was late with the rent over the last 14 years quite a few times... But I've always paid the rent! I did sign the lease. Do u know how much 7 percent of 1875.00 is? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank u!