Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Pregnant!

Group Created by ADVentive

This group is for those who are expecting a baby. Moms and Dads both welcome to talk about the joys and struggles of pregnancy.

View All Members Showing 10 of 27 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 12 Picture(s)
Burp cloth candies
From Sassy8722
Washcloth gumdrop candies
From Sassy8722
Washcloth baby dolls, butterflies, lollipops
From Sassy8722
Diaper cupcakes
From Sassy8722
Police themed 2 tiered diaper cake
From Sassy8722
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 28
  1. Fizzyfin
    11-18-2021 06:28 AM - permalink
    Fizzyfin
    10 essential tips in breast feeding your new born
    https://shrinke.me/eKAfk
  2. amadmike5
    09-25-2021 10:46 PM - permalink
    amadmike5
    Module 2
    Learn your milk supply
    Copy & Paste the blue link in your browser

[url]https://bit.ly/3nHYanW[url]
  3. amadmike5
    09-25-2021 10:44 PM - permalink
    amadmike5
    Module 1
    How to latch and breastfeed your baby
    Copy & Paste the blue link in your browser

4. amadmike5
    09-25-2021 10:37 PM - permalink
    amadmike5
    Breastfeeding and baby care made easy.
    Download our comprehensive video

modules now and be on your way to pain free breastfeeding and complete baby care today.
  5. amadmike5
    09-25-2021 10:36 PM - permalink
    amadmike5
    Breastfeeding Help offers you a complete and effective
    technique that will teach you to deeply latch your baby
    and breastfeed without pain within minutes for a
    contented baby and an end to sore nipples.
    Learn more [url]https://bit.ly/3nHYanW[url]

I really encourage new mums to get Kate’s help as I know personally what a difference it can make…things she said stayed with me and starting off well with a baby feeding and settling is an enormous gift.
    ~ Dr Anne MacGibbon, Obstetrician and mother of three

Now parents anywhere can benefit from Kate’s help with her DVD. Her tips are easy to follow through simple explanation and real life demonstrations. Most importantly, they work.
    ~ Tara Brown, 60 minutes reporter – channel 9 Australia, mother of two.

All you need to know in expert, easy to follow videos, including:

• Breastfeeding techniques to end sore nipples
    • In depth latch and breastfeeding demonstrations with a real mother and real baby.
    • Techniques to maximise each feed for a full and contented baby
    • Expert advice on knowing how much milk is left in each breast
    • Tips to increase your own breastmilk supply
    • Information on how your breasts will change during pregnancy
    • Understanding Mastitis and how to prevent it
    • Baby massage and bath demonstration with a real newborn
    • Baby dressing and wrapping techniques with a real newborn
    • How to express and store breastmilk
    • …and more!
  6. NK1089
    09-10-2021 07:53 PM - permalink
    NK1089
  7. rjhays123
    09-09-2021 02:00 PM - permalink
    rjhays123
    Miss pregnancy <3. I'm gonna link you guys something that is actually helpful. I definitely recommend it. My baby never slept but this book got him SLEEPING and ME sleeping (thank god) lol. https://bit.ly/3E1VBom
  8. NurturedBeginnings
    03-26-2014 02:42 PM - permalink
    NurturedBeginnings
    While pregnant with my daughter, I decided to try Placenta Encapsulation to lessen my risk of Post Partum Depression. I would love to answer any questions you might have about turning your placenta into capsules!
  9. Meka smith
    07-22-2012 12:17 PM - permalink
    Meka smith
    Hi my name is meka and me and my wife our looking to adopt a baby .. We have 6 beautiful children of our own but who like to have more so we are looking to give a child a home if you know anyone who is looking for a home for there baby for whatever reason .. You are welcome to email me Blazemoney26@yahoo.com... God bless
  10. callmydoula
    03-19-2012 08:03 AM - permalink
    callmydoula
    MotherBirth Natural Childbirth Education Class

MotherBirth natural childbirth education classes are offered to expecting women and their partners who would like more information on natural childbirth. MotherBirth classes are a great way to learn what to expect during pregnancy, labor, delivery, and post-partum regardless of where you plan to deliver. MotherBirth covers hospital, birthing center and home births. MotherBirth teaches the pros and cons of modern childbirth interventions such as episiotomy, IV fluids, amniotomy, pitocin, C-section and many others with a focus on little to no medication during delivery whenever possible. Moms are taught several ways to deal with labor pain before turning to medication. The majority of couples participating in MotherBirth classes deliver in hospitals with obstetricians or midwives, however, the classes also touch on home birth as well. Parents will receive information about additional support they can use including doulas and midwives.

How does MotherBirth natural childbirth classes differ from a typical hospital sponsored childbirth class? Hospital sponsored classes are often times taught by an RN from the L&D ward of the hospital. The classes focus mainly on "how to be a good patient". They tell you what to expect when you arrive at the hospital, what will be done to you, and what is expected of you. They generally do not show you what is going on inside your body and why. They do not teach you that contractions are a wonderful thing, or what rights you have as parents, or any alternatives you have to standard care. In reality, you actually have many choices about your care. MotherBirth classes will touch on some of these choices and how you can have a positive birthing experience. We will cover such things as Nutrition & Exercise, Labor Positions, Relaxation Techniques, Holistic Care, Natural vs Medications, Stages of Labor, Modern Interventions, Risk & Prevention, Vaginal Delivery vs C-Section, Emergencies, Breastfeeding, Post-partum Care, Newborn Procedures & Care, and much, much more.

Mothers and their partners learn how to work together as a team. They learn how to communicate their preferences, make informed decisions, minimize discomfort, and encourage relaxation during labor. Partners learn to identify and respond to the mother’s needs. They learn ways to help maintain a relaxing environment and help to empower the mother during each stage of labor and delivery. And, once you leave the class, the learning doesn't stop there. I will make myself available to you through e-mail starting from our first class up until your baby is 6 weeks old.

While most natural childbirth classes are 8-12 weeks long, MotherBirth classes generally run 6 weeks in length (Total = 12 hours). It is never too early or too late to begin MotherBirth classes. You can begin as soon as you find out you are pregnant (or sooner if you are planning on having a baby in the next year). Or, If you feel you are too far along in your pregnancy to attend classes for 6 weeks, or have been put on bed rest, you can contact me about a 1-day mini-class (Total 6 hours).

Course Outline:

Class 1: Pregnancy, Well-Being & Making Decisions - We will do a quick overview of your pregnancy, changes in your body, baby's growth, medications during pregnancy, proper nutrition, exercises and personal wellness. We will also talk about support people - including doulas and midwives - and how your partner can help take care of you.

Class 2: Labor : Stage 1 - We will be covering false labor, when to call your dr/midwife, signs of real labor, what to expect, pain management and relaxation techniques. We will also discuss how to create a birth plan.

Class 3: Pain management - We will cover all forms of pain management from IV meds to epidurals, to natural techniques. We will talk about visualization, massage, labor positions, and listening to your body.

Class 4: Labor : Stage 2 & 3 - In this class we will cover such topics as pushing, delivery of baby, delayed cord clamping, forceps & vacuum, placenta and it's benefits, emergencies, C-section, and more.

Class 5: Post-Partum & Newborn Procedures - This class will go over all of the routine, and not-so-routine, stages of post-partum care. We will also discuss your new baby's first few hours and what to expect. We'll talk about jaundice, the NICU, and "routine" procedures (benefits and risks).

Class 6: Breastfeeding & Newborn Care - In this class we will talk about breastfeeding and nourishment of your new baby and what to do if there are problems. We will discuss how to care for your newborn once you get home. We will also spend some time talking about concerns you may have (ie, post-partum depression, sex, birth control, etc).

We end each class with answering any questions you may have. If you think of questions on your way home from class, or later in the week, you can send me an email or just write them down and bring them to the next class.

For every couple who attends all six classes, you will receive a special gift after the classes have ended. If you had to miss a class due to medical reasons, you can speak to me privately about making up the class.

MotherBirth Instructor: Lynette Kendall, CLD, NCBE (MBE)

Dates: Spring 2012 (exact dates to be announced)

Cost: Full Course (6 weeks) = $ 75.00/couple*
    * full course has a maximum of 6 couples per class, so register early!

Mini - Course (1 day) = $ 125.00/couple**
    ** mini-course is a private class for one couple or a single mom

To register for MotherBirth Classes, please contact Lynette Kendall at

callmydoula@gmail.com or call 1-276-791-7586.