Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Modern-Day Gypsies

Group Created by By~Tor

For those who have moved so often, that no place really feels like "Home", anymore. - - Come on in and let's share our experiences on where we've been, where we're at, and where we're goin'!!!

View All Members Showing 10 of 42 Member(s)
Showing 2 of 2 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 31
  1. Steve Pickering
    02-19-2013 03:10 PM - permalink
    Steve Pickering
    Ten Schools from Kindergarten to 9th Grade. Three trade schools, four colleges, and one university, as an adult.
  2. Steve Pickering
    02-19-2013 03:03 PM - permalink
    Steve Pickering
    Michigan ... Adrian, Morenci, Lavonia, River Rouge (SP), Ann Arbor, Clayton.
    Ohio ... Cleaveland, Anapolis, Fayette, Napolian, Zone.
    California ... El Cajon, Hollywood, Pacoima, Sylmar, Newhaul, Acton, Palmdale.
    Oregon ... Dallas, Roseburg, Winston, Dillard, Eugene, Springfield, Cottage Grove, Creswell, Albany, Portland, Gresham, Independence, Coos Bay, Eastside, Charleston, Rockwood, Troutdale, Bend, Junction City.
    Texas ... Brownwood, Spring, Arlington, Southlake, Grapevine.
    Arizona ... Phoenix, Mesa, Apache Junction, Flagstaff, Casa Grande, Maricopa, Tucson, Bisbee, Douglas, Double Adobe, Florence, Sunsites.
    Indiana ... Portage, Maryville, Chesterton.
    West Virginia ... Weirton.
    Alabama ... Decatur.
    Kentucky ... Beaver Dam.
    Tennessee ... Maryville, Walland, Chilhowie View.
    South Dakota ... Spearfish.

Sadly I lived in multiple homes and locations within many of those cities.
  3. southernbelle20
    01-16-2013 07:28 AM - permalink
    southernbelle20
    born in FL, lived in TN, KY, and IN. I have moved residences 13 times. I have gone to 13 different schools from k5-college. I went to two different high schools in TN, but finished the second semester of my senior year in KY. Except for my parents and brother, we don't have any family. I can totally relate to the "no place feels like 'Home'" lol But I've learned alot!
  4. Boston4ever
    12-30-2012 06:37 PM - permalink
    Boston4ever
    Welcome
  5. greeniz3131
    09-11-2010 07:41 AM - permalink
    greeniz3131
    born in Cal,lived in Virgnia,Florida,Jacksonville,Springhill,Brooksvill e,Chazzawistka,and Wildwood,couple other places,dont remember anymore.Connecticut;Brooklyn,Danielson,Putnam,Meri dan,Shelton,Bridgeport,Huntington,strattford,Milfo rd,East and west hartford,Danbury,Wethersfield,and tented out diffrent apts, in same towns.Maine;Machias,Portland,Jonesboro,Presqu Isle,Drove 18 wheeler,drove 48 states,and hitch hiked from Ct. to Fl.,Alabama,Chicago,Ill.New York State;Malone,Chatteguay,Brainardsville.Washington state,and here at present in Seabeck.
  6. herecomesunshine
    09-05-2010 03:09 PM - permalink
    herecomesunshine
    missRoxyhart: I totally agree with you on what you posted earlier, me too!
  7. cyndilu
    07-15-2010 09:52 AM - permalink
    cyndilu
    born in north chicago , lived in florida, puerto rico, virginia,california, texas , florida again and again, knoxville tn, wisconsin, now ive been in mississippi for the longest time and ready to leave but dont know where.. thinking about new mexico ..
    Yes, I hate it when someone asks me where im from..
  8. missRoxyhart
    07-12-2010 09:51 AM - permalink
    missRoxyhart
    I really hate being asked where my home is, or where I'm from. It's kinda alotta places, but really nowhere. I don't have my own house, my own school, my own city, my own state, not even my own country. It sucks sometimes... it can be cool too, but sometimes it really sucks.
  9. GhostGirl7
    07-10-2010 11:15 AM - permalink
    GhostGirl7
    Hello I am New To This Forum.
  10. Sandpoint Funk
    06-30-2010 03:55 PM - permalink
    Sandpoint Funk
    Went to 4 high schools, moved 9 times since I've been married almost 10 years. You know my favorite thing is when I move. I get to be whoever I want when I get to my new place. I will pick a few things I would like to leave behind..(ie. lack of confidence, or being late to things) and start fresh with new positive habits that benefits which ultimately benefits my families life for the better.
    I love to move, sometimes I do wish for the hometown, but all the people we get to meet and experiences we have outweigh that longing.