Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Dealing with teenage daughters & there relationships

Group Created by squirt38

I need help with trying to get my daughter to get over a ex-boyfriend that doesn't want anything to do with her. She is very persisant in getting him back & it breaks my heart, but she will not listen. Any advice anyone!!!

View All Members Showing 6 of 6 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Teen Family Counseling
    04-10-2013 01:31 AM - permalink
    Teen Family Counseling
    Free Professional Help for teens and parents in Broward County by a 30 year old non-profit agency! We provide in-home assessments and counseling, parenting skills, school support and family advocacy, behavioral management plans, referrals and have caring, therapeutic shelter care available for your teen and family in need. You can call and request services yourself!

Risk factors may include truancy; ungovernable behavior; runaway; substance abuse; domestic violence; depression; victim of bullying; grief; divorce; negative peers... and more!

We are funded for Prevention/Intervention through a contract with the Florida Network and the Department of Juvenile Justice.

For more information call (954) 486-4222 Monday through Friday 8:30 - 5:00 and request a screening or additional information. We will be most happy to assist you!

Serving the needy, the frail, and the powerless with integrity, faith, love and kindness in order to change lives, restore dignity, work for justice and bring helping, hope and help." LSF abbreviated mission statement
  2. risenshine001
    09-11-2012 05:26 AM - permalink
    risenshine001
    When I read your dilemma, it struck a chord in me and I had to reply! I read on Martha Beck's site somewhere that 'in order to change an addictive behavior ( which is what this relationship is) you need to change the ENVIRONMENT!' there is evidence from lab rats who were given water laced with drugs and then were given a maze/stimulating game environment and they stopped drinking the drugged water. It works. There is also a story of a woman who was in a toxic relationship with a drug addict who hiked the pacific coast trail and realized that gave her more of a high than the drugs.
    I would try and get her into stimulating and interesting activities and groups and see how that goes.
    I know, cause I was in a bad relationship myself. All it took was a year of time and changing my environment. But it was hell..I had to go through it. I am not a teenager, yet it was so difficult. Good luck and God bless ! I am at risenshine001@gmail.com if you wanna talk more. I am a mom to a 15 yr old with no friends..partly cause she's so shy and partly cause we moved so much.
  3. squirt38
    08-22-2012 08:56 AM - permalink
    squirt38
    I have a 16yr old daughter that was in a relationship with her boyfriend for 2 yrs. He broke up with her & she cant seem to let go of him, constantly texting and begging him back. I have tried everything with her, but nothing is working. It has gotten to the point, she blames me for everything, including not helping them get back together. Which i refuse, this young guy was very controlling and has changed my active young daughter to a totally different person. Lost all her friends because of him! Ive tried counseling as well, which doesnt seem to be working. I'll take any advice at this point! School will be starting and she will have to see him everyday, which will make it harder on her.