Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Diet

Group Created by findinghope

anyone starting a new diet, or currently on a diet

View All Members Showing 10 of 253 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 201 to 208 of 208
  1. findinghope
    08-01-2008 09:41 AM - permalink
    findinghope
    welcome l8blumr and crazyworld. glad to have you here and to read about your successes. keep them coming.
    i would love to hear more about your weight loss plan l8blumr
  2. crazyworld
    08-01-2008 08:34 AM - permalink
    crazyworld
    Good Morning.I am currently on the Weight Watchers..it is going well for me so far.
    I have tried Jenny Craig and all the other yo-yo's but I am now in my 50's with some stomach issues so I still have to be very careful and I like the WW because I can be creative as I still cook for my husband who is very thin. We can have the same meals but I can add extra things to his plate.

I started 7-16....first week I lost 7.6 lbs. second, stayed the same...weigh in on Tuesday nights.

Good discussion to start findinghope!
  3. l8blumr
    08-01-2008 08:09 AM - permalink
    l8blumr
    I wanted to share how I lost 25 lbs and kept it off - without dieting or exercise!

Since turning 40, I have struggled with weight gain, doing the yo-yo act until so much that I simply kept 4 different sizes of clothing in my closet. Then my husband, who is a Chiropractor, read a book, "The 100 Year Lie" that changed our lives.

Here's what we did: starting reading labels of everything we put in our mouths. If we dodn't know what it was (chemicals), we don't eat it! (Just because it says "organic" doesn't mean it also doesn't have junk chemicals added.) And we REQUIRE nutrition in everything we eat. And that includes restaurants! (Many major chain restaurants actually paint their food with chemicals to make it look and taste better - YUCK!)

Why is that important? Your body doesn't know what to do with many chemical additives, so it stores them in your fat cells, then labels the fat cell as "do not touch, dangerous!" So no matter how much you diet, your body still won't touch those cells full of chemical junk. Most Americans have a huge chemical load on their bodies. As you reduce chemical load, your body begins to slowly allow the chemicals to flush out through your excrement. That's why cellular cleanse products are so effective for weight-loss, albeit, temporary if you don't also reduce chemical intake.

THE POUNDS JUST MELTED OFF! I went from a tight size 10 to a roomy size 4 in a few months - almost a year ago. I don't think about calories or food mixing or any of the other weird diet trends; I eat what I want, including REAL ice cream 2-4 a week and blueberry pancakes every Sunday.

It was a lot of work in the beginning, but we now know the foods and places we can eat with confidence. Do I sometimes "junk food out"? I've tried a couple of times to eat junk, but it lost it's flavor to me. Also, the price I pay later isn't worth it (diarrhea)!

Since I have been through this, I am happy to help anyone who is interested. Just drop me a line!
  4. findinghope
    08-01-2008 06:12 AM - permalink
    findinghope
    we have just completed our 4 day anti bloat, and today we start the 28 day "diet". we got so used to eating such few calories, i dont know how it will feel to have so much more food to eat.
    dh lost 11 lbs and 7.5 inches overall.
    i lost 6 lbs and 6" overall
  5. findinghope
    07-30-2008 04:40 AM - permalink
    findinghope
    i have been on the diet 2 full days now and have lost 5 lbs!
    i know its water--but still, it is exciting. and honestly no hunger at all. i am not saying i didnt feel like i wanted to snack--but my problem is i was eating out of bordome--not hunger.
    now when i feel like grabbing some ice cream or chocolate, i actually think about it--am i hungry--no i am full. so then why did i want to eat?? just bored, just habit, just wanted some comfort.
  6. findinghope
    07-28-2008 12:36 PM - permalink
    findinghope
    wow cmg6u1! that is amazing! i was on that diet and only lost 12 lbs in 12 weeks, by which time i gave up. so i think you are doing an amazing job and the modifications are obviously working for you and helping you stick to the diet overall....
    you have a lot to be proud of! i only hope we can stick to our diet to see some results--its only day one, so we shall see.

and thanks for posting--welcome!
  7. cmg6u1
    07-28-2008 11:39 AM - permalink
    cmg6u1
    Hi
    Im currently on the weight watchers diet modified tremendously by me. Ive been on it for 3mths and have lost a total of 34lbs. If I stook to the real plan I would probably lose more but hey its working slowly but surely.
    Hope your diet is going okay
  8. findinghope
    07-28-2008 07:37 AM - permalink
    findinghope
    Hi everyone,
    my DH and i are starting the Flat Belly Diet today.
    if you are starting a new diet this monday morning, or are currently on a diet and would like to come in and post your great results or vent any frustrations---come join us!