Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Homeless Campers - How To Live - Formerly Homeless

Group Created by highdesertmutz

I am homeless, living in a travel trailer in a rv park, we lost our home in wisconsin a few years ago due to health reasons, one main provider couldn't work anymore, and we lost everything. Have you experienced similar circumstances, or are you now wondering how you're going to get by after you've lost everything? and become homeless? maybe you are camping out like we do. Want to hear your story, how you handle everyday life, how are you getting by or making it? What are you doing without? Do you know of someone who needs tips on homeless survival?

View All Members Showing 10 of 84 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 236
  1. 4maryjane
    02-19-2014 07:57 PM - permalink
    4maryjane
    I am 61 yrs old, on fixed income Disability and very little money from an ex( now deceased) so I am divorced and widowed! with no children to help me as I grow older. Recently homeless, living mostly from my car with possessions in storage unit, sleep at friends homes off and on which is difficult on relationships, puts strain on my friendships. I feel like I am always in the way, and left behind, no one has time to help me. I have my name on Housing list for an apartment, but while waiting for my name to come up, I have no place to stay. I am looking for room to rent in Shertz/UC area because I prefer the quieter lifestyle on outskirts of San Antonio. I just want a roof over my head and to hear a kind, human voice, company occasionally. I keep to myself mostly, but everyone likes someone to talk to sometimes!
  2. Tantagoth
    02-02-2014 02:40 PM - permalink
    Tantagoth
    I am not homeless, yet but likely very soon. Won't be my first time but I am now over fifty and physically limited, but not enough according to SSI! I think we who have lost because of pour government should march on Washington so they can see how many we are. I believe a peaceful
    but evoking match of homeless, jobless and those who support in the efforts to fix America from the inside should be counted!
  3. SabrinaDelRey
    01-09-2014 07:02 PM - permalink
    SabrinaDelRey
    Hey guys..I am looking for a guy from Wisconsin,and him have mouth piercings,i meet him in Harry Potter Park.
    I ask him if him want a hug.
    If u guys meet a guy from wisconsin blonde,blue eyes and mouth piercings please say for me.Thanks for attention
  4. Watchman57
    11-21-2013 05:22 AM - permalink
    Watchman57
    These guys mean well BUT 2 days on the street??? Alot of this article is misleading and includes outright disinfo - most of us homeless don't have cell phones and jobs! Some do but not most, there are NOT just 700,000 homeless...try 2.5-3.5 MILLION of us!!! IF you are some bored office type or spoiled college student and you REALLY want to know what its like out here then partner up with one of us and try a 30 day tour of duty exactly mirroring our lives! BTW as to panhandling I have NEVER and will NEVER do it, too many con men posing as homeless do this plus in many places its against the law. Ask for food or clothes or work yes.

Yahoo Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs
  5. Watchman57
  6. Watchman57
  7. Watchman57
  8. Watchman57
  9. Watchman57
  10. Watchman57