Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

People Who Prepare

Group Created by AliceT

Some say you are obsessive complulsive, others believe you are paranoid and still others think you are just plain nuts. The deal is this, when the flood waters come or the strong storms blow in or a plague hits or the trucking industry takes a nosedive and all the things we all take for granted simply can't be obtained, there we will be, eating well, baking bread and surfing the internet on battery power. We prepare. Its what responsible people do.

View All Members Showing 10 of 54 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 26
  1. 09-19-2021 04:56 PM - permalink
    Gulzada2
    https://shrinke.me/3pDm
    Надо попробовать.
  2. robinje123
    09-03-2021 10:17 AM - permalink
    robinje123
    I am a newbie in the prepper world. feelin' like I need to learn fast!
  3. curbguy
    10-12-2011 12:16 PM - permalink
    curbguy
    I am glad to find fellow preppers on this site. I am based in NY and prep for the local disasters and whatever may come. I assess the threats regularly and adjust my priorities ahead so I am constantly adjusting my preps. I believe we should all be self reliant to some level, or be capable of contributing skills to aid our community so that when things go bad we can lessen the burden and speed up the process of recovery.
  4. razorbladesmiley
    05-14-2010 11:46 PM - permalink
    razorbladesmiley
    i'm preparing a ham sammich
  5. mnemaus
    05-13-2010 04:04 PM - permalink
    mnemaus
    As a former caregiver (for nearly 20 yrs) I had to be prepared and even developed a couple of items to help me keep prepared...they are now on my website. The Personal Paper Tracking System...was created before I moved from Denver to Orlando.....when thru 4 hurricanes in just under 6 wks....had to flee as no place to live. That product has been enhanced quite a bit....so has the PINK SHEET product. I so wish the folks who have already been hit by storms this hear had had my PPTS kit, had it completed...it sure would make life easier when they go to file claims. http://www.proorganizer.com

Have a great evening everyone!
  6. razorbladesmiley
    05-08-2010 03:30 PM - permalink
    razorbladesmiley
    what are we preparing for? i'm getting ready for the zombie apocalypse
  7. Dawn_Dreams
    04-13-2010 10:47 PM - permalink
    Dawn_Dreams
    Yeeee Ha! A Preparedness Group! Right up my alley! Been a thinkin' bout this for years...can't wait to learn more, & chat!
  8. GJ Johnson
    03-26-2010 04:47 PM - permalink
    GJ Johnson
    Just plain nuts are fine with me,especialy peanuts.
  9. Captain Darby
    03-23-2010 07:23 AM - permalink
    Captain Darby
    Good Morning.. Prepare? A lot of people dont even know the meaning of the word. Yeah Im one of thoes that plan and prepare every detail almost. But trying to be a little more spontaneous with hubies help. Looking at buying a dehydrater .. want the best one for long term usage.. any suggestions? Would like someday to NOT be tied to the GRID and know we can survive without it. Thanks
  10. M.Harper
    03-13-2010 09:42 AM - permalink
    M.Harper
    I SOOOOOOO NEED this group! I am a terrible procrastinator who always runs late but, I am ALWAYS the one that has everything but the kitchen sink with me when I go somewhere. The only thing I'm really compulsive about are MESSES I can't stand messes of any kind! I get energy from organizing. I'm soo weird.