Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Genealogy Help

Group Created by nlm1y0

If you need help finding information on your family tree, please let me know how I might be able to help you out. You may email me if you like.

View All Members Showing 10 of 56 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 28
  1. Ms piggy
    10-16-2016 09:59 AM - permalink
    Ms piggy
    2 posts, read 114 times

Hi I'm looking for my brother who has been missing since 1993 when I was just a baby I don't no what happen to him he just left one day and never came home me and my sisters and brothers miss him and my mom and dad I just buried one of my brothers and March 20 2013 and one in March 23 1998 rest in peace Obadiah and shamariah and it hurted me so bad cas they passed and never found out what happen to our brother Sharrieff Mays we miss him so much everyday we look for him when he left our family wasn't so close now we are so tight and I just don't want to leave this earth not knowing what happen to him I only got a few years to spend with him and I don't think it's right I have a whole family now three beautiful girls one who take medical classes and I want him to meet them I just want to hold him and tell him how much I love and miss him and need him in our life every day I worry cas I don't know if he passed or alive our parents are getting old anybody somebody if u know him please bring him home he was born April 19 1970 he is 46 years of age every where I search on the net it's only giving me information from 1993 I don't remember much about him but I remember he was quiet he stayed in his books and had such a wonderful smile and all we left with is pictures Sharrieff Max Mays if one day this thread find you I want you to know that I love u and I want stop searching for you till I take my last breath our mom and dad birth us with all bilblical names and we are so blessed to have them ass parents they don't drink or smoke and it really hurts my mom and dad that they don't know where they baby is for some reason he was never reported missing because he was and adult when he left I tried every thing but I can't seem to find him any body please help us it's killing my mom who is 65 and my dad is 85 but acts 21 he even walks fast like a young man we love u brother please come home the time he went missing we lived at 3837 s Ellis apt 103 maybe he lost his memory but if u are dating him and you never met his family this could be my brother please help us cause until I find him this nightmare will never end for me God bless you all who are missing your love one hope one day our dreams come true cause I f I find him I'm not never letting him go I don't care what he is like I just want him home we lived on the south side of Chicago please help bring my big brother home I love u Sharrieff Max Mays from your baby sister ms piggy ������������❤️❤️❤️������������������������
  2. kayla.harrell
    03-09-2016 09:21 PM - permalink
    kayla.harrell
    I'm looking for someone who is related to Anita Whitaker age 72 born April 21,1943 she lived in El Paso Tx. She always said that she was married and has a daughter and a son. The only name that I was able to find was a richard ybarra. I'm not sure if he is a son or nephew. Please help me out with this I will not give up until I find someone.
  3. Muschenna
    12-17-2015 01:22 PM - permalink
    Muschenna
    Hello ! My name is Annemarie, I have been in this country for over 45 years, I was a child bride from Germany. Yes child brides even happen there. Trying to find the connection to my Roods. Thank you kindly
  4. gertrude bardillon
    12-15-2014 01:44 AM - permalink
    gertrude bardillon
    hi. .im gertrude, im looking for my father, but the sad thing is i don't have any info. about him, including his name and everything. .except that he is an american navy who visited philippines 1988 maybe i was born april 1989. .i can send my mother's photo how possibly i cn go through it? thank you
  5. michellemallory1
    12-03-2014 05:28 PM - permalink
    michellemallory1
    Hi my name is michelle im loiking for any information about my mom side of the family.my mom name was Betty jane kaiser born in Lancaster Pennsylvania in 1932 her sisters Dorothy mae kaiser and Shirley mae kaiser. Dorothy mae kaiser born in 1929 shirley mae kaiser born in 1936. Henry j kaiser born in 1927 my grandfather Julius A Kaiser born around 1891 born in indiana nora kaiser my grandmother born around 1902Lancaster Pennsylvania if any information please get in touch with me at ladymichelle30@yahoo.com
  6. michellemallory1
    11-12-2014 04:29 PM - permalink
    michellemallory1
    Hi my name is michelle and im trying to find any information about my mom side of her family her name is Betty jane kaiser born may 19 1932 she had two sisters Dorothy mae kaiser and Shirley mae kaiser and had 1brother Henry j kaiser. Henry was born about 1927 Dorothy mae was born about 1929 and Shirley mae about 1936 all from Lancaster Pennsylvania. Julius and Nora kaiser was their parents Julius a kaiser was from indiana.born about 1891 Nora about 1902.. Need help in finding out if they had any kids Shirley mae and dorothy mae.
  7. FullFamilyTree
    09-12-2014 09:13 AM - permalink
    FullFamilyTree
    The genealogy market really does need a free place for people to hold and store family information.

Most users are just not willing to spend the $20 a month that many genealogy sites want to charge just to have a place hold their information. Many people start a family tree on one of these sites and then stop the service because they have a period where they don't work on the family research.

Some people will take this information and store it in a place on their computer in a file format like a GEDCOM file. But the information sits there and it's of no use to anyone.

Some people just stop the service and lose the ability to go any farther with the research.

In rare occasions, someone will find a way to put the information on a website built specifically for their own family. For instance, say Jimmy Smith has decided to publish his family's information on a personalized website. He might secure the web address JimmySmithFamilyTree and put his tree and corresponding data up for various family members to take a look at.

The problem is, this way of doing things is not a good way for all families because most families lack that technology savvy person who can create a website on their own. And this information sitting on a single person's computer is of no use to anyone else in the family.

There is no doubt though that most genealogy websites offer a service well worth the $20 a month they typically charge. But these services are for the more hard-core researcher. And the money a hard-core family member spends on these services each month is well worth it. These services often have many databases and stores of data a user can tap into and make use of while researching their family.

But once a hard-core researcher has reached a point where they are satisfied with where they are in the process or if they decide they need to take a break from researching, they need a place to hold that information and not pay the $20 a month.

In addition, that user will also want to be able to share the information they have collected. They will want to be able to show family members a family history beyond the basic knowledge everyone in the family generally knows.

FullFamilyTree.com is a place where someone can create their tree, upload photos, create comments for family members profiles, and pay nothing for the service.
  8. hannasearching
    06-17-2014 06:52 AM - permalink
    hannasearching
    Hi! I'm wanting to find background Information on my great grandmother's sister, Betty Kijek. She passed away in 2010, born in january 1927 in Brisbane, Australia and my family know nothing of her life. She immigrated from Australia to the US and may have married an Edwin Kijek. Her last known residence was Marathon Wisconsin. I live in Australia, so I really know very little of anything. I'd just like to know what this woman's life was like.... friends she may have had, neighbour's?? Apparently she did live in Weston, Wyoming too but dates I'm not sure of any help would be fantastic!
  9. NDUffda
    01-29-2014 11:58 AM - permalink
    NDUffda
    Hi! Looking for descendants of Jacob Erickson 1838-1918. one of his daughter was my grandma. I have pictures I'd like to identify and share. Tryggestads,Albrecht, Ames, Erickson, Hanson, Sherry are some of the names I have. Oh! Sorenson's too. contact me on list of by email nduffda@nemont.net
  10. Dawn Waits
    04-05-2013 10:33 PM - permalink
    Dawn Waits
    I need help finding my dads side of his family. I know my grandfathers name is Albert Waits he is from La. He was married to my grandmother Lucille Catalanotta togather they had twins who died at birth then a daughter Debra Ann Waits and a son Alan Waits. Just would like to fill that empty part of my life we have never met any other Waits I have been looking for about 6 years and can't find hardly any info. Please help!