Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Liberals ~ Progressive thinking!

Group Created by AksarbeN

People of like mind who enjoy understanding more of the political view on the left without the arguing and debating of those on the right. Please be respectful; and conservative republicans might find interests in another group!

View All Members Showing 10 of 140 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 8 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 62
  1. skylar0201
    05-07-2016 01:48 PM - permalink
    skylar0201
    Been on C-D for several years, but just now found this group. I'm a Bernie Sanders progressive-liberal ( been following his career closely the better part of last 15 yrs ) and yes, I'm a "Bernie or Bust" guy this November. Actually, if he doesn't get the nomination, I'm voting for Jill Stein since she comes closest to representing his views, and she is the Green Party candidate.

I'm very liberal when it comes to social justice, health care, and other various issues. Lived in Portland, OR ( the largest city full of nudist progressive "hippies"--and yes, I'm proudly one of them ) just transplanted to the Syracuse, NY area about 6 weeks ago and looking for other like-minded friends...
  2. mediatorguy
    04-18-2015 08:11 AM - permalink
    mediatorguy
    Does anyone know anyone with connections to the Russian Government? I'm a humanitarian with an idea to share . . .
  3. Sharon1968
    03-06-2015 09:15 PM - permalink
    Sharon1968
    Liberal/Progressive from the Chicago area here! I just discovered this group, and I am so happy to find it.
  4. D-Towner
    12-04-2013 12:49 PM - permalink
    D-Towner
    I have a question, why are liberals so crazy?
  5. NitePagan
    11-09-2013 07:23 PM - permalink
    NitePagan
    Hi, just joined this group, am a Mainah and liberal. The City of Portland just legalized marijuana through a voter referendum. Not sure if it means a lot, but we are the first city on the east coast to do this. Maybe Portland will become known as Potland. I think the referendum was approved by 70% of the voters. What do the voters know that the Police State hasn't learned yet?
  6. YellowstoneDate
    07-10-2013 02:55 PM - permalink
    YellowstoneDate
    I am currently looking for someone or a lawyer who is willing to help establish a new News's Corporation called Planetary Sector with a award winning news show called World Peace News. I am currently living in Raleigh, North Carolina. I can transfer the News Corporation in another location.
  7. Natural510
    06-20-2013 09:07 AM - permalink
    Natural510
    Hi Oaklandish. I'm an Oaklander living in Ohio. From what I've read, Nashville is actually a fairly liberal city, especially by Bible Belt standards. That undoubtedly changes once you leave the city, but hopefully it won't be as bad as you think. I live in Boehner country right now, and I'm surviving. I think you'll more appreciate the progressive pockets you find there, whereas you take it for granted in the Bay Area
  8. Oaklandish
    06-08-2013 04:47 PM - permalink
    Oaklandish
    Words up! I see that the posts in this group are over a year old....buuuuuut am looking to connect with other progressive thinkers across 'merica! hehehe i presently live in Oakland, CA, and have for almost 2 years, having moved from Memphis, Tn, and before that Savannah, GA, and before that having growed up in Springfield Missouri! My fiancee (she's from memphis) are considering moving somewhere new. The cost of living, density of population, and distance from our families is getting a little tired. We are looking at possibly Nashville TN. but are a little bit afraid that we may be taking the liberal-ness of the west coast for granted and will be devastated when we move at how insanely conservative it really is out there....anyone know what its like in nashville? Lets get this thread Poppin! or..."going" if you prefer that lingo :/
  9. FormerRocket04
    07-29-2012 09:33 PM - permalink
    FormerRocket04
    There may be tiny pockets, but that's probably as you're getting towards Austin. I've got lots of Liberal friends where I live, though.
  10. sywi
    06-25-2012 10:06 AM - permalink
    sywi
    FormerRocket04,

Am moving to DFW in TX soon -- are there no little pockets of liberals?