Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2024, 01:31 PM
Status: "dreaming of Glacier National Park" (set 8 days ago)

721 posts, read 341,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMRE View Post
This is a pretty bold statement. Is there any information or stats that support this? For instance, I don't support illegal immigration; not sure what you mean by unlimited. But I do support some immigration legally as my fiancee is from another country. All of us are descendants of immigrants. The natives should be complaining the most. And roads need improvements in pretty much every city at some point. Not saying Greenville's are the worst or best. I'm just familiar with them, so I know how to take easier paths.
I'd say the condition of 385 north of Fairview Road 3 miles or so is the worst I've seen for any road in western SC, especially a high speed high volume road.

To avoid this rough section, residents could take highway 14 through downtown Simpsonville, then connect to 385 via 417. It would probably only take 5-8 minutes longer to go that route. There's probably an alternative route you could try on the other side of 385 as well.

I doubt many residents have taken an alternative route. People still drive at or above the speed limit on this bad section of 385. I got passed by several cars yesterday.

I don't think I've heard any prominent public figure talk about ending all new immigration, both legal and illegal, to US on the basis the country is overpopulated. There are a few who want to end all illegal immigration but even that is not happening.

It's safe to assume most Americans have had some issue with traffic congestion and road conditions in their life. Step 1 to address the infrastructure issues has to be to end immigration if the country already has major problems at our current population. If you are talking about a family member is an immigrant and say we are a nation of immigrants, it does sound like you are ok with more congestion and road issues.

According to Pew Research, the US has about 20% of the world immigrants although the US is only 5% of the world population. Think we've done our fair share for immigrants and other countries can step up now. An analogy is colleges can't take every student who has good grades, they cap enrollment because a certain quantity of students presents challenges for them. The colleges are not out to get the students they don't accept.

Last edited by LakeMan45; 03-24-2024 at 02:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2024, 04:25 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
You do realize they are currently repaving that section of I-385 right?

Old 03-25-2024, 08:55 AM
Status: "dreaming of Glacier National Park" (set 8 days ago)

721 posts, read 341,550 times
Assumed they would soon. That's probably
the worst road surface the DOT can throw at us but nobody slows down.

I was on Woodruff road Saturday afternoon for first time on a Saturday in probably a decade. It took less than 20 minutes to get off the interstate, hit Best buy and get back on interstate despite a high volume of traffic. If I hit other stores in Green Ridge, it would have been the most time efficient shopping trip you can get in a populated area on a Saturday.

Main Street gets hyped up but Woodruff has the most popular stores. You can't beat Best Buy, Barnes N Nobles, Lowe's , and Dicks Sporting Goods in same shopping center. Green Ridge is well landscaped.

Last edited by LakeMan45; 03-25-2024 at 09:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area