Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 10:55 AM

6 posts, read 27,481 times

Advertisements

Hi

Can anyone break down an approx schedule of the interview - assessments - physicals etc.

I am flying in from NYC... I have scheduled 1 week here in SC and hopefully I can complete all the tests before flying out..

From what I gather, people can complete all the tests within 1 week of time?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 05:42 PM

9 posts, read 17,926 times
My husband applied and it was almost a year (maybe a little more) before he was contacted for the actual job offer through MAU. He went in to a meeting in Greenville and the woman explained that they were hiring part-time, short term, and he explained he needed something full-time, long-term. She said they'd be in touch. Around 9 months later, and after he had taken another job, he was contacted with a full-time, long term position.

In other words, it might be a long while. If they said you were "hired, pending" then it sounds like a sure thing...sounds like. You can either wait around unemployed or get a high-turnover job that won't be hurt by you leaving quickly (as in, they didn't spend alot of money or time training and screening you). But, whatever you do, be patient.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:21 PM

34 posts, read 174,996 times
Custyredrat,

It varies for everyone.

I know someone who did the hiring process at the end of Oct. last year. His process was a week long and then he was hired in July of this year. Mine was 1 week just like his in Dec. of last year I am still waiting to be hired. Then another I know did the process in the beginning of Feb. this year. 2 parts were within one week then the pysical/drug test was scheduled 5 weeks after that. He is still waiting for the hire call too.

Hope my call comes soon!

Good luck to you!

Old 10-07-2012, 07:34 PM

How did it go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by custyredrat View Post
Hi

Can anyone break down an approx schedule of the interview - assessments - physicals etc.

I am flying in from NYC... I have scheduled 1 week here in SC and hopefully I can complete all the tests before flying out..

From what I gather, people can complete all the tests within 1 week of time?

Thanks.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:38 PM

Some links for all you that are waiting for the call like me.

BMW remains on course with expansion, jobs in anticipation of X4 | GreerToday.com

Spartanburg-based BMW expansion cruising along » Anderson Independent Mail

Old 11-09-2012, 06:56 PM

Has anyone seen a group hire from MAU since July at BMW for production?

I had a person I was communicating with and giving all the info I could get on the hiring process. Once he was hired he basically cut ties.

Just hoping someone could throw me a bone, as I eagerly wait for my name to be called to contribute.

Thanks for any info,

Nimo

Old 11-09-2012, 08:39 PM

9,503 posts, read 9,828,252 times
MAU is hiring experienced fork lift operators.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:31 AM

Not forklift production.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:51 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,828,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimo1 View Post
Not forklift production.
Forklift operators, not producing forklifts.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:48 PM

I was referring to the production side. MAU hires for production and forklift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area