Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 08:27 PM

314 posts, read 639,762 times

Advertisements

I griped about Georgia *a lot* when I lived there. Then I moved to Ohio, and found a lot of reasons to miss Georgia (people are nicer, food is better, the city itself is generally livelier, etc).

Then again, the extent to which the rest of Ga seems to hold a grudge against the capital city is pretty madenning, and the state of Georgia itself is so politically masochistic that there are times where I'm glad I'm gone. The Amendment votes from the last election alone have me pulling my hair out, watching the RURAL residents vote against a 10 dollar fee that's going to provide them with essential emergency care, while the city (big surprise) agrees to pitch in even when they're sitting pretty for emergency care (at least relatively speaking).

It's literally a "you can lead a Georgia voter to the polls but you can't make the vote wisely" type situation.

So basically, I understand 100% why people would want to leave Georgia and never come back. But, at the same time, it does have its positive qualities even if it's full-on retarded politically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 08:50 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,803,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotch View Post
I griped about Georgia *a lot* when I lived there. Then I moved to Ohio, and found a lot of reasons to miss Georgia (people are nicer, food is better, the city itself is generally livelier, etc).

Then again, the extent to which the rest of Ga seems to hold a grudge against the capital city is pretty madenning, and the state of Georgia itself is so politically masochistic that there are times where I'm glad I'm gone. The Amendment votes from the last election alone have me pulling my hair out, watching the RURAL residents vote against a 10 dollar fee that's going to provide them with essential emergency care, while the city (big surprise) agrees to pitch in even when they're sitting pretty for emergency care (at least relatively speaking).

It's literally a "you can lead a Georgia voter to the polls but you can't make the vote wisely" type situation.

So basically, I understand 100% why people would want to leave Georgia and never come back. But, at the same time, it does have its positive qualities even if it's full-on retarded politically.
Thats a very fair assesment.I agree totally with your statements.For now I am gonna enjoy my life I have here although the current political climate drives me crazy,but I do believe things will change as things get worse as I feel they will.It seems people have to had enough to get off their asses and vote.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:09 AM

573 posts, read 2,059,453 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia