Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 09:30 AM

1 posts, read 11,240 times

Advertisements

welcome to the best state and we are a friendly bunch .I'm from Dublin Georgia. Hurry on down or up as the case nay be!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 06:39 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,294,175 times
If ignorance is bliss, we have some new CD'ers that are positively giddy!!!

Old 05-25-2008, 03:51 PM

Location: Southern Illinois-the land of mild hills and vineyards
8 posts, read 59,947 times
Default mind-barf

Kats, I don't know where my husband and I will end up, but I have enjoyed reading your posts about Georgia! He is wanting to apply for a forestry job in Chatsworth (it would be a big promotion/pay raise), but I haven't been able to churn up any job prospects for myself yet . I don't want to make the same mistake as a previous poster (I won't mention the name of ). If he gets this job I guess I can tag along for a while and do some crappy part time thing somewhere nearby (though I hate to throw 6 years of college down the toilet ). I guess I'm just venting my concerns, not really wanting an answer! Mostly I guess I want to say "HI!"

Old 05-28-2008, 04:28 AM

102 posts, read 504,147 times
Hi GA!

Just wanted to stop in real quick to update. The deal is done, papers signed, etc. and we will be pulling in to Walker County mid-June. Really appreciate everyone who helped with suggestions and answers to my many questions. We are thrilled (kids a little sad now to leave the friends) and are looking forward to a long, healthy & happy life in GA. Kats, I really need to email you so will do that this a.m. as well. Hope all is well with you. Thanks Guys! Take care and God Bless!

Old 05-29-2008, 01:39 AM

Location: Southern Illinois-the land of mild hills and vineyards
8 posts, read 59,947 times
Hi luvs,

Glad to hear you are almost there. I've been following your posts (I swear I'm not a stalker!) The hubby is going to apply for the new job in about a week (after he finishes some resume-friendly job training). Keep us posted on your NW Georgia adventure!

Old 05-30-2008, 07:15 AM

4 posts, read 17,659 times
Default Moving To Ga

Pa House Is On The Market, Just Waiting For A Sale And We Will Be Down To Ga. Going To Royston. Relatives Already There. We Have Found Georgians Very Welcoming And The Area Is Just Wonderful - And Warmer Winters............wow!

Old 05-31-2008, 01:34 PM

102 posts, read 504,147 times
Marni, best wishes to you and your family on your move. I am sure you all will love it!!!

Old 06-01-2008, 05:53 PM

5 posts, read 20,814 times
Marini, what part of PA are you from? We live in Jersey and are moving down to GA also, but not as soon as you are.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurastead View Post
Kats, I don't know where my husband and I will end up, but I have enjoyed reading your posts about Georgia! He is wanting to apply for a forestry job in Chatsworth (it would be a big promotion/pay raise), but I haven't been able to churn up any job prospects for myself yet . I don't want to make the same mistake as a previous poster (I won't mention the name of ). If he gets this job I guess I can tag along for a while and do some crappy part time thing somewhere nearby (though I hate to throw 6 years of college down the toilet ). I guess I'm just venting my concerns, not really wanting an answer! Mostly I guess I want to say "HI!"

Hey and Welcome!!! Sorry it took me a little while to respond to you here, but Hubby and I own big trucks and trailers (Semi's) and we have been scooter-pootin around for the last several weeks! ALAS, no laptop! Unfortunately for us, no freakin air conditioning either! It broke!!! AGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Oh well! Hope your hubby gets the promotion and ya'll move on down this way! Depending on what field your 6 years of college are, I bet you could find something to apply it to! Good luck and let us all know what happens!

Old 06-05-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurastead View Post
Hi luvs,

Glad to hear you are almost there. I've been following your posts (I swear I'm not a stalker!) The hubby is going to apply for the new job in about a week (after he finishes some resume-friendly job training). Keep us posted on your NW Georgia adventure!

STALKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek ::eek ::eek ::eek ::eek :

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia