Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 05:25 AM

511 posts, read 2,477,630 times

Advertisements

I guess he was saying that the Macon Metro is just Bibb County and it consists of 229,000 people, cause thats how many people live in the Macon Metro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 07:05 AM

177 posts, read 221,719 times
Yerocal...you are obviously an uneducated goof. With your lack of sentence structure, spelling, and just the simple ability to articulate a thought, I truly understand why you are so happy with Macon`s new outdoor mall, the Hartley Bridge Rd disaster, uh, I mean development, and the DOT proposals. But unless you have been to Augusta or Savannah lately, you dont know what you are saying. And with the way you have just attempted to articulate yourself, I doubt you could leave Macon`s city limits if you wanted to.
Bolingbroke has long been considered a part of Macon, but not Forsyth and the North end of Monroe county. AND, both Dublin and WR can stand alone without Macon. And no, I dont know the actual distance from WR to downtown Macon, because I dont go to downtown Macon. When I want to see crackheads, I watch "Intervention"...LOL

Old 02-05-2008, 07:23 AM

And no Mayor, that is not what I was saying. What I was getting to was simple.
Dublin doesnt need Macon....WR doesnt need Macon......Macon needs them. With Macon`s dwindling population, Macon needs the numbers for grants and such, because of the poor money handling from the folks in office that the morons in Macon put there. I remember a few years ago, the politicians of Macon going nuts because they couldnt include Warner Robins population anymore because of the growth we have experienced. And before you guys start quoting the developments of the mall, Hartley Bridge road and other PROPOSED developments, I said Macons POPULATION is dwindling....there will always be an idiot ready to sink money into a hopeless situation. In my opinion, that is what Macon is.
However, I have made an offer on 80 acres in North Monroe county. I will be developing it, if you would like to leave the "Crackhead and Homeless Mecca" that Macon has become.
And listen, dont get mad at me for telling the truth. I mean, just look at how big Macon`s methodone clinic has to be....LOL...it looks like a damn strip mall over there...LOL

Old 02-05-2008, 07:58 AM

913 posts, read 2,986,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peelo View Post
I agree....Columbus is going to boom big time...especially if the Alabama side can figure out how to handle the population increase with its ineffective sewer system.
Thank you! As a developer myself, Columbus is where I would put my money.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:17 AM

726 posts, read 2,819,505 times
Quote:
Yerocal...you are obviously an uneducated goof. With your lack of sentence structure, spelling, and just the simple ability to articulate a thought, I truly understand why you are so happy with Macon`s new outdoor mall, the Hartley Bridge Rd disaster, uh, I mean development, and the DOT proposals. But unless you have been to Augusta or Savannah lately, you dont know what you are saying. And with the way you have just attempted to articulate yourself, I doubt you could leave Macon`s city limits if you wanted to.
Bolingbroke has long been considered a part of Macon, but not Forsyth and the North end of Monroe county. AND, both Dublin and WR can stand alone without Macon. And no, I dont know the actual distance from WR to downtown Macon, because I dont go to downtown Macon. When I want to see crackheads, I watch "Intervention"...LOL

Hahahahh.... You can say all you want to about Macon, Forsyth,WR are not together that your opinion eventhough it to try and make Macon look bad, for the record i'm not going to continue to stup to your level of Ignorance, because clearly if you had any idea of what you was talking about there no way you would make stupid statement like "Bolingbroke has long been considered a part of Macon, but not Forsyth and the North end of Monroe county. AND, both Dublin and WR can stand alone without Macon".

As for Augusta, i'm in augusta freqruently and it seem to have nothing more going on than what happening in any other 2nd tier city......I guess i'm a big uneducated goof with a Masters degree,lol but if you would Utilize the you education, internet and research these things before you open your mouth and type these statements you try and make so that augusta looks as if its so much ahead of Macon or any other city......you would see how big of a groof you making out of yourself. But if you want to go there with it that you but the facts will show which cities are shining , From oprah to the presidency Macon has shining not only in development and growth but nationally too, so my question to YOU where is augusta's shine.....

Old 02-05-2008, 10:31 AM

726 posts, read 2,819,505 times
Quote:
And no Mayor, that is not what I was saying. What I was getting to was simple.
Dublin doesnt need Macon....WR doesnt need Macon......Macon needs them. With Macon`s dwindling population, Macon needs the numbers for grants and such, because of the poor money handling from the folks in office that the morons in Macon put there. I remember a few years ago, the politicians of Macon going nuts because they couldnt include Warner Robins population anymore because of the growth we have experienced. And before you guys start quoting the developments of the mall, Hartley Bridge road and other PROPOSED developments, I said Macons POPULATION is dwindling....there will always be an idiot ready to sink money into a hopeless situation. In my opinion, that is what Macon is.
However, I have made an offer on 80 acres in North Monroe county. I will be developing it, if you would like to leave the "Crackhead and Homeless Mecca" that Macon has become.
And listen, dont get mad at me for telling the truth. I mean, just look at how big Macon`s methodone clinic has to be....LOL...it looks like a damn strip mall over there...LOL
You sound sooooo Ignorant to make statements like that and to say that Macon need to Dublin and WR, Could you tell me and all the people on here how in the world could you come up with this statement and think that it’s true….. A lot of you make as though Macon is so bad, nasty, and every where you go its crime Macon as any city has it good areas and it bad, I Augusta and any of the other 2nd tier have there own share of slums and crime area and has no room to point fingers…. You guys make has though the whole is one slum…. That just show how Ignorant and close minded you are...Atlanta has way crime and slums and poor areas than Macon and no one calls it a slum…… I think this is just you way of trying to make Macon look bad….I think is just show you jealousy of Macon’s potential.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:09 AM

511 posts, read 2,477,630 times
I never said that Macon doesnt need Warner Robins or Dublin what I said is that Warner Robins is without a question of the doubt in the Macon Metro Area. Macon needs Warner Robins just as Warner Robins needs Macon. We know that Warner Robins is gorwing, we know that it is growing at a much greater amount than the National Average, we know all of these things, but we also know that Warner Robins is in the Macon Metro Area. Your war with words is ignorant.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:42 PM

LOL.....Yerocal, if you have a Masters, please use it so someone can actually know what you are trying to say without having to decipher through your poor English.

Let me just say this.....I am a developer/investor, and I have made good money at it. You dont make good money at it by not knowing what you are talking about. The crime statistics are on this site ( I think they may even be on this thread) for the cities mentioned. I`m not trying to make any town look bad...my point is simple...Macon cannot hold a candle to the POTENTIAL and GROWTH of Columbus,Augusta and Savannah. Bottom line. Right now, from an investment perspective, the true hot spots are the Brunswick area, NORTH Monroe county, and Columbus. Reguardless of what either of you want to believe, Macon is not on that list, and the VACANT residential developments prove that. Even the developers who are stupid enough to offer "lease to purchase" and other gimmicks to attract less than desirable purchasers,are still losing out. You can whine and cry all you want, but that is the truth.
Also, Mayor, Please know that there are MANY people in both Dublin and Warner Robins who dont step foot in Macon. So I will say it again....WR nor Dublin NEEDS Macon. Who cares if Oprah visited...LOL...she didnt invest there did she??LOL What about Obama?? Did he buy into what a great place Macon is and put his money there? I think not...LOL

Dont hate because of the truth!!!!! Oh yeah...and what "War with words" are you talking about??

Old 02-05-2008, 12:42 PM

383 posts, read 723,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorOfMacon2019 View Post
I guess he was saying that the Macon Metro is just Bibb County and it consists of 229,000 people, cause thats how many people live in the Macon Metro.
Uh bibb county only has 154,000 people. If it had 229,000 it would be the 2nd largest county outside of atlanta.

Chatham 240,000

Richmond 195,000

Muscogee 188,000

Bibb 154,0000

Old 02-05-2008, 12:55 PM

383 posts, read 723,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yerocal View Post
Hahahahh.... ".

As for Augusta, i'm in augusta freqruently and it seem to have nothing more going on than what happening in any other 2nd tier city......I guess i'm a big uneducated goof with a Masters degree,lol but if you would Utilize the you education, internet and research these things before you open your mouth and type these statements you try and make so that augusta looks as if its so much ahead of Macon or any other city......you would see how big of a groof you making out of yourself. But if you want to go there with it that you but the facts will show which cities are shining , From oprah to the presidency Macon has shining not only in development and growth but nationally too, so my question to YOU where is augusta's shine.....
Everybody is in agreement that all the 2nd tier cities are growing at a good rate. But when is the last time you visited augusta yerocal. Because I seriously doubt macon or any other 2nd tier city has as much construction going on or planned for this year like augusta. None of those cities have a kroc center and a baseball multi-use facility going up in their downtown this year.

Atlanta developers are buying augusta property up like hot cakes. You must thought i was joking when i said augusta has over 400 condos going up in downtown this year. Ask mayor of macon when he visits augusta in april this year what he saw. Because he is staying off stevens creek road where tons of hotels are being built and alot of the road work on I-20 is taken place. Right beside the marriot by courtyard there is a sheraton, and hilton garden inn going up next door.

Oh and about augusta shine Cal Ripken Jr is behind the baseball stadium going up in downtown augusta. And it april this year augusta will have more tourist in one week than macon, or columbus gets for a entire year.

Last edited by johndoeboy; 02-05-2008 at 01:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia