Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2023, 06:38 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,779,917 times

Advertisements

I'm sure others have probably figured this out but it was something I ran across at here at the safe Park we have one lady whose vehicle doesn't run but she does love McDonald's sometimes she'll give me some money I'll drive over there if I'm nearby grab her some food and I put that on my card and then I put the cash in my bank.

Today I did the same thing got her just a breakfast biscuits that's two of them cuz you can buy one and get one another one for a dollar and I stopped and got the receipt so then I came back and I dropped off the food and I was looking at the receipt so I did a customer satisfaction survey.

Now since I did it I am now permitted to buy one item and get the same item for free as equal price. So I went to the McDonald's deals menu and looked at what they are offering and they are also offering buy one get one free so in other words I could buy four Big Macs with cheese for $5.29 for the first two and the other two I get free so you're looking at with tax $11.48 for four McDonald's Big Macs and if you divide by four you comes out to $2.87 each which normally they're $5.29 each.

So if you had like three friends over and you wanted McDonald's there you go. Now I don't know what you do about shakes and fries but hey the main meal is the burger. Or you could order all four and stuff your face for lunch and microwave the other two for dinner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2023, 07:31 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
I'm sure others have probably figured this out but it was something I ran across at here at the safe Park we have one lady whose vehicle doesn't run but she does love McDonald's sometimes she'll give me some money I'll drive over there if I'm nearby grab her some food and I put that on my card and then I put the cash in my bank.

Today I did the same thing got her just a breakfast biscuits that's two of them cuz you can buy one and get one another one for a dollar and I stopped and got the receipt so then I came back and I dropped off the food and I was looking at the receipt so I did a customer satisfaction survey.

Now since I did it I am now permitted to buy one item and get the same item for free as equal price. So I went to the McDonald's deals menu and looked at what they are offering and they are also offering buy one get one free so in other words I could buy four Big Macs with cheese for $5.29 for the first two and the other two I get free so you're looking at with tax $11.48 for four McDonald's Big Macs and if you divide by four you comes out to $2.87 each which normally they're $5.29 each.

So if you had like three friends over and you wanted McDonald's there you go. Now I don't know what you do about shakes and fries but hey the main meal is the burger. Or you could order all four and stuff your face for lunch and microwave the other two for dinner
I love big macs and this could be dangerous. lol Don't tell this guy about the offer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfPzIWmO7dE

Old 09-04-2023, 07:37 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Hi, when you say you are now permitted ...did they give you a Code or something? How does that work?
And thanks, that was very nice of you to tell us.

Old 09-04-2023, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Hi, when you say you are now permitted ...did they give you a Code or something? How does that work?
And thanks, that was very nice of you to tell us.

Yes I filled out a customer survey and the reward was is that on the receipt it says "Please tell us about your visit and receive one free item with the purchase of any item of equal or greater value" so that's why I was permitted to do that.

Some might turn their noses up at what I'm about to suggest but you can easily go over to the restaurant and the garbage can would be there and you would able to just grab two or three receipts and that could start you on a long path.

Because when you go in and use your receipt for the items you then get another receipt so you could keep recycling for days upon days upon days because that's the thing that keeps giving back to you every time. I enclosed snapshot of the receipt.
Attached Thumbnails
An interesting thing I figured out with McDonald's-img_20230904_120442522_hdr-2.jpg  

Old 09-04-2023, 01:31 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
This is random but another thing that I just found out about McDonald's is that you can order a sheet cake in the drive thru. It's a simple single layer cake with frosting and it has a screen art of Ronald McDonald on it.

I believe they sell for around $9.99 although the cost might vary between areas. Not all locations have them and they aren't on the menu but it might be a fun thing to pick up. I rarely go to McDonald's myself but I might have to go there just to see if they do carry those cakes.

Old 09-05-2023, 08:10 AM

32,632 posts, read 47,975,309 times
It's possible that the policy is that only one special offer can be applied at a time, but if you like Big Macs and think you want four of them, then it is worth a try.

Its also very possible that the survey offer is one per customer and since they know your phone number, they know who already got the deal. However, if you like Big Macs and think you can eat four of them, then it is worth a try. There is nothing to lose with trying it.

In the far distance past, I have done it with a coupon I really wanted that Safeway mailed out as bulk mail. I fished a bunch of those out of the trash cans at the post office. There was nothing about a limited offer and there was a minimum purchase to meet, so I didn't feel I was violating any terms or cheating in any way. If McDonalds does not have a policy against it, then I think that ethically, you are in the clear.

Old 09-05-2023, 04:52 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,102,213 times
Usually the fine print states, “Cannot be combined with any other offer.”

I’m a bit of a germaphobe, so picking through the trash is not my thing. But, do what you need to do.

Old 09-05-2023, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I guess you didn't understand, you place the order on the app, you go into the restaurant pick up that order you then turn around order another one and present the receipt and therefore getting the second one. You're not combining any orders but what you are doing is doing two orders with one stop.

Old 09-05-2023, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
It's possible that the policy is that only one special offer can be applied at a time, but if you like Big Macs and think you want four of them, then it is worth a try.

Its also very possible that the survey offer is one per customer and since they know your phone number, they know who already got the deal. However, if you like Big Macs and think you can eat four of them, then it is worth a try. There is nothing to lose with trying it.

In the far distance past, I have done it with a coupon I really wanted that Safeway mailed out as bulk mail. I fished a bunch of those out of the trash cans at the post office. There was nothing about a limited offer and there was a minimum purchase to meet, so I didn't feel I was violating any terms or cheating in any way. If McDonalds does not have a policy against it, then I think that ethically, you are in the clear.
It is true on the app you can only do one meal per day one special shall we say. However this is separate from the original order. It's the same as if you ordered on the app went in there picked it up walked out the door turned around went back in and made the order with a different receipt you're not using the same receipt you got from the first order you're using a different receipt.

And I'm glad you're not a germaphobe but if are just wear gloves.

Old 09-06-2023, 12:17 PM

32,632 posts, read 47,975,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post

I’m a bit of a germaphobe, so picking through the trash is not my thing. But, do what you need to do.
If that was directed at me, the trash cans at the post office never contain anything but junk mail that the persons who have PO Boxes don't want to haul home with them. They are basically recycle bins for clean paper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living