Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2024, 01:45 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,385,864 times

Advertisements

Found the Carole King TAPESTRY CD at the thrift shop for $1. Also got Alan Jackson Greatest Hits Collection and Pop Classics of the 1960's -- all for $1 each. I just had my BOSE CD Wave Machine repaired at the cost of $350 -- exhorbitant but I love that machine and they quit making it. Anyway -- I play my CD's all day long and am enjoying them greatly.

I am also always searching for good DVD's -- when the Chinese shoot down all the satellites I will still be able to watch my movies. I found a 1970's Burt Reynolds classic -- The Man Who Loves Cat Dancing for $1

Finally I found a perfect sized bowl for my oatmeal -- beautiful Polish Pottery -- and I did pay the outrageous sum of $12 because I liked it so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2024, 09:40 AM

22,673 posts, read 24,647,023 times
The solar-led-lights that are sold at Dollar Tree are a pretty great deal, I just bought a whole bunch of them for the house.

I set the lights up in areas where they will charge during the daytime, and put-out light that both myself and the neighborhood_creepies can see at night.

A led-light that also has a light-sensor to turn the led on and off, solar-panel, and a
rechargeable-battery, that is a pretty decent deal for $1.25. The one downside is, the lights that come with the AAA-cells really will not stay bright all night, even if they have been well charged throughout the day. No biggy, I just installed a better quality battery.

Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM

22,873 posts, read 6,448,539 times
I love plants as I posted before, but I think I have enough now, I bought a beautiful ponytail palm plant. Now I have 22 plants in all.

Old Today, 04:15 AM

6,624 posts, read 6,558,664 times
At a second-hand store, I bought a cream-colored jug and basin with a mother of pearl application someone must have made in ceramics. (they used to use jugs/basins on a wash stand in bathrooms long ago)

I turned the basin into a bird bath in my front yard, and put the jug in my flower bed, tilted, with plants flowing/growing out of it. A real two-for-one bonus for me. They both look awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living