Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2019, 11:18 AM

47 posts, read 91,202 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. I am considering to relocate to Fort Wayne. However, after doing some research on this city, I realized that everything in Fort Wayne appears good except water quality. Admittedly, there are more places in Indiana that have worse water quality than Fort Wayne, but I'm concerned of the drinking water quality if I decide to move there. I hope you guys can share more of your experience with drinking water quality in Fort Wayne with me. Thanks and have a great day!
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2019, 11:40 AM

307 posts, read 255,495 times
I've never had a problem with either city or well water. If in doubt just get a good water filter.

Old 11-11-2019, 06:32 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,265,730 times
I never had any issues. But yeah, like the person before me posted, just get a water filter. Britta water pitchers with filters aren't that expensive.

Old 05-19-2022, 01:15 PM

629 posts, read 408,913 times
Actually, the utility mails out annual reports to the customers, reporting the results of periodic testing, and the water they provide is consistently below the permissible thresholds for the watchdog toxins most people are concerned with.

On top of that, Ft Wayne recently placed highly in an international taste test contest pitting waters from municipal systems from around the globe.

https://www.wane.com/news/local-news...g-competition/

I much prefer the taste of Ft Wayne municipal utilities water over that provided in Chicago and/or Los Angeles.

The only down side that I am aware of is there are pockets around the immediate area where ground water has a distinct sulfur smell and taste to it, iron can be a problem in some locations as well, so if you are on a well in those areas it can become quite expensive filtering those items out. But water from the Ft Wayne municipal system has never caused me much grief

Old 05-19-2022, 01:25 PM

629 posts, read 408,913 times
I have a buddy who restored an old 1800's era church...into his home. Located well out in the country, the well there was particularly foul, had his water treatment people really working overtime to deliver a solution.

And one day it just occurred to me, adjacent to his property was the communal cemetery. Fairly large, with some graves dating back to the 1840s Only makes sense that after 150+ years of rain and snowmelt leeching down through all those primitive graves, that his well would be just swarming with nutrients?

I don't care how well you might filter that water, I don't think I could even shower there.

I include this info just because if you have gotten a particularly bad report from an individual having extenuating circumstances, what he reports might not accurately reflect the overall area as a whole
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
View detailed profiles of: