Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2023, 11:33 PM

1 posts, read 4,472 times

Advertisements

People, myself included, who go to bars, nightclubs, concerts, music events, and restaurants in Fort Myers, Cape Coral, and all surrounding areas are noticing the same thing all around. More men than women at all places and at all events, with men outnumbering the women by as much as 7 to 1 in many cases. And it really especially messes up especially the dating scene for single men and leaves many single men out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2023, 02:04 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,280,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavelength11 View Post
People, myself included, who go to bars, nightclubs, concerts, music events, and restaurants in Fort Myers, Cape Coral, and all surrounding areas are noticing the same thing all around. More men than women at all places and at all events, with men outnumbering the women by as much as 7 to 1 in many cases. And it really especially messes up especially the dating scene for single men and leaves many single men out.
Men and women kinda blend in these days and it's difficult to ascertain the sex without a junk check or maybe you're one step ahead of me & you've been doing that already.

Old 07-08-2023, 10:13 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lluvia View Post
Men and women kinda blend in these days and it's difficult to ascertain the sex without a junk check or maybe you're one step ahead of me & you've been doing that already.
That's extreme and sounds at the very least like a routine eye exam is in order for you.

Old 11-21-2023, 09:43 AM

5 posts, read 9,932 times
Quote:
As of 2022, the total population of the United States of America is 71% men and 29% women. Sorry man, but it's nationwide. More than half of all American men are terminally single unless they move to another country.

Old 11-25-2023, 10:23 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,335,667 times
Quote:
I live in swfl too and notice this! I'm 40, so like women my age or younger. Not a lot of single hot women 40 and under around here. Lots of older people too old for me.

Online dating sites since covid hit have got worse too! 90 percent of the women on there are fat, tatted or just plain unattractive. Before covid hit the online sites, yea sucked but a lot more decent women were on them. Waste of time and money now. Mostly trash on them irl I wouldn't even look at.

I'm not trying to sound harsh or mean, but I dont see many attractive women around here. Orlando and Tampa seems to be better. I'm from St. Louis and much more decent younger women up there. Many more out of shape people in this area.

Old 11-25-2023, 10:45 PM

370 posts, read 902,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewart View Post
As of 2022, the total population of the United States of America is 71% men and 29% women. Sorry man, but it's nationwide. More than half of all American men are terminally single unless they move to another country.
If you have sources for that you might want to ditch them.

A quick fact check has you off by a wide margin in US stats, Florida stats and in single men/single women in both.

That said, a lot of places seemed like a sausage fest years ago when I was single in Broward lol

Old 11-25-2023, 10:46 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
Whenever I get notifications for Match.com for meetups in Sarasota there are always more women going to these events than men.

Last edited by Above Average Bear; 11-25-2023 at 11:23 PM..

Old 11-27-2023, 11:36 PM

4 posts, read 9,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
Online dating sites since covid hit have got worse too! 90 percent of the women on there are fat, tatted or just plain unattractive. Before covid hit the online sites, yea sucked but a lot more decent women were on them. Waste of time and money now. Mostly trash on them irl I wouldn't even look at.
I've noticed that, too. It's horrible. I've seen women on those online dating sites in Southwest Florida that are easily in excess of 400 pounds and that look like they belong in Wisconsin's Northwoods area. North Slope Borough, Alaska, even, which is easily the most obese region in the country, easily a lot worse than Mississippi.

North Slope Borough, Alaska is a frigid cold region, where snow occurs all year round, where mid summer high temperatures get no warmer than about low to mid 40s Fahrenheit, and winter temperatures can get as cold as the -150s Fahrenheit. Far too cold for swimming, bicycle riding, walking jogging, apple trees won't even grow that far north, it's pretty much all tundra. The year-round cold in North Slope Borough, Alaska is prohibitive to being outdoors except for business reasons.

Wisconsin's Northwoods area is another region of extreme widespread obesity. The winters there are long, cold, and brutal, there are very few opportunities for outdoor exercise even in summer as there are no bicycle trails that far north.

A tropical climate is absolutely no place for sedentary lifestyles, lack of exercise, and eating foods that are nothing but too much unhealthy fat and cholesterol. I personally go bike riding all year round, and yet it's disappointing that there are people in Southwest Florida staying indoors like it's 15 degrees outside with a roaring blizzard. Like they forget that there are beaches in Florida, and swimming is a great way to cool off on a hot day. There is such a thing as too cold to go swimming, but there is no such thing as too hot for swimming.

Quote:
I'm not trying to sound harsh or mean, but I dont see many attractive women around here. Orlando and Tampa seems to be better. I'm from St. Louis and much more decent younger women up there. Many more out of shape people in this area.
It's very disappointing. Southwest Florida has a tropical climate. There are many miles of beaches along Estero Island, Sanibel Island, and other places where anyone can go swimming even during mid summer where the temperature rarely ever gets any hotter than about the low 90s, even as places like Atlanta, Chicago, St. Louis, Dallas, Nashville, Philadelphia, and Oklahoma City can get as hot as the mid 100s to even 110s.

Old 01-04-2024, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isuzu View Post
I've noticed that, too. It's horrible. I've seen women on those online dating sites in Southwest Florida that are easily in excess of 400 pounds and that look like they belong in Wisconsin's Northwoods area. North Slope Borough, Alaska, even, which is easily the most obese region in the country, easily a lot worse than Mississippi.

North Slope Borough, Alaska is a frigid cold region, where snow occurs all year round, where mid summer high temperatures get no warmer than about low to mid 40s Fahrenheit, and winter temperatures can get as cold as the -150s Fahrenheit. Far too cold for swimming, bicycle riding, walking jogging, apple trees won't even grow that far north, it's pretty much all tundra. The year-round cold in North Slope Borough, Alaska is prohibitive to being outdoors except for business reasons.

Wisconsin's Northwoods area is another region of extreme widespread obesity. The winters there are long, cold, and brutal, there are very few opportunities for outdoor exercise even in summer as there are no bicycle trails that far north.

A tropical climate is absolutely no place for sedentary lifestyles, lack of exercise, and eating foods that are nothing but too much unhealthy fat and cholesterol. I personally go bike riding all year round, and yet it's disappointing that there are people in Southwest Florida staying indoors like it's 15 degrees outside with a roaring blizzard. Like they forget that there are beaches in Florida, and swimming is a great way to cool off on a hot day. There is such a thing as too cold to go swimming, but there is no such thing as too hot for swimming.

It's very disappointing. Southwest Florida has a tropical climate. There are many miles of beaches along Estero Island, Sanibel Island, and other places where anyone can go swimming even during mid summer where the temperature rarely ever gets any hotter than about the low 90s, even as places like Atlanta, Chicago, St. Louis, Dallas, Nashville, Philadelphia, and Oklahoma City can get as hot as the mid 100s to even 110s.
Yep. Except at least places like Nashville, St. Louis, and even Oklahoma City you still get days in the summer where there will be a cool front and the high only reaches 84 degrees. In St. Louis you get a few of those days in July. Low 65, high around 84. Nice relief.

Down here I think it's the heat causes people to be lazy. Sit in the AC eat all day and like to drink a lot. Still doesn't explain the trashy people who are not fat though but just trashy in general.

Also, around here it's all greasy tourist trap type foods or chain places. You know, the type of foods you eat while on vacation.

It's one thing to be old and fat, but people in their 40s and 30s either overweight, or tatted up around here.

Old 01-04-2024, 10:08 PM

Quote:
I'm 40. In addition, MOST of the women are either too old for me, or are not attractive at all.

I mean these days it seems like only 10 percent of single women I find attractive, if at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area