Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 10:05 AM

553 posts, read 1,934,880 times

Advertisements

First off I am not an investor. just thinking of moving to the area. Your family are as close to being natives as it gets 8th generation. Sure there is a mess with the housing, but that mess is going on everywhere to some extent. The illegals causing problems are everywhere, believe me , even Tennessee. The problem I have is people from florida haveing a problem with people from up north wanting to move down, last I checked I live in the usa and can go anywhere in my country and live, but some people think they own certain areas. Mind you most are people from somewhere else that moved there and think they found it first so no one else is allowed. You speak of crime and violence , truth be if someone went by just your posts they would be scared to drive through cape coral. You honestly make it sound worse than the bronx. The crime probably is up,but I bet it is up in alot of places, It is not just cape coral. Last I was there it seemed quiet, not scary. sorry just my opinion, I know people that live there , they dont complain at all. but they have jobs, small mortgages , and no money probs. I see alot of people saying they are losing there homes, I will bet most refied and loved the fact there house tripled in value,when they were spending that cash, but now are complaining when they have to pay it back, Would the original folks have a problem if they didnt refinance? I doubt it very much. oh well sorry dont want to get in a pissing match with you. No where is perfect .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 09:30 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,906,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY62 View Post
First off I am not an investor. just thinking of moving to the area. Your family are as close to being natives as it gets 8th generation. Sure there is a mess with the housing, but that mess is going on everywhere to some extent. The illegals causing problems are everywhere, believe me , even Tennessee. The problem I have is people from florida haveing a problem with people from up north wanting to move down, last I checked I live in the usa and can go anywhere in my country and live, but some people think they own certain areas. Mind you most are people from somewhere else that moved there and think they found it first so no one else is allowed. You speak of crime and violence , truth be if someone went by just your posts they would be scared to drive through cape coral. You honestly make it sound worse than the bronx. The crime probably is up,but I bet it is up in alot of places, It is not just cape coral. Last I was there it seemed quiet, not scary. sorry just my opinion, I know people that live there , they dont complain at all. but they have jobs, small mortgages , and no money probs. I see alot of people saying they are losing there homes, I will bet most refied and loved the fact there house tripled in value,when they were spending that cash, but now are complaining when they have to pay it back, Would the original folks have a problem if they didnt refinance? I doubt it very much. oh well sorry dont want to get in a pissing match with you. No where is perfect .
Your Right, but the crime is up in the area alot. Its not the bronx but its way up!
NBC2 News Online - Employee, suspect shot during Cape Taco Bell robbery (http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=17808&z=3 - broken link)

Old 03-04-2008, 10:39 PM

36 posts, read 95,769 times
Read your own sources firemed. I read news-press the same as you and do not come to your conclusion. Yes in the area of downtown Frt. Myers and parts of pine island there has been criminal complaints however it is completely located in a small area of the county! most other areas have had 0 reports of crime how bout a little balance in your assessment.

Old 03-05-2008, 04:14 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
I don't understand why so many people on this forum post negitive comments about Cape Coral. Cape Coral is a very nice town. For one thing, Cape Coral is the third safest city in the state. Can't beat that! So, tell me why people post some many negative comments about Cape Coral on this forum--- AND HALF OF THEM DON'T EVEN LIVE IN CAPE CORAL!!

Now, I don't live in Cape Coral now, but 2 years ago I was there. I can tell you from personal experience that the Cape is a nice town. Yes, I still visit. 2 of my aunts still live there, and they are in paradise.

If your looking into Cape Coral, DO IT!! The town is great, and don't let these people tell you the towns bad, because if you google Cape Coral, you'll find the facts.. the town is safe.
Was it Cape Coral or Naples that complained about people owning "old" pickup trucks, or trucks with advertising on their sides, at private residences? Whichever one that was, wouldn't that be enough of a reason NOT to want to live there? You should be allowed any vehicle that still runs...if you drive at all.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:57 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Was it Cape Coral or Naples that complained about people owning "old" pickup trucks, or trucks with advertising on their sides, at private residences? Whichever one that was, wouldn't that be enough of a reason NOT to want to live there? You should be allowed any vehicle that still runs...if you drive at all.
That rumor died years ago. Have a friend who drives an old Ford truck and lives in Cape Coral.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:59 AM

937 posts, read 2,889,515 times
To me, Cape Coma as the younger crowd calls it, is dumpy looking. If you live near the water you can find a nice home but other than that, the Cape is ugly looking.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:36 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,906,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe aloha View Post
Read your own sources firemed. I read news-press the same as you and do not come to your conclusion. Yes in the area of downtown Frt. Myers and parts of pine island there has been criminal complaints however it is completely located in a small area of the county! most other areas have had 0 reports of crime how bout a little balance in your assessment.
The crime is high on Pine Island? I guess you must have some inside reports. Please tell me about your facts. 0 crime? I don't think bashing me on the facts(listed with each post) Will help you sell any faster, Kauai will still be there.
Here are some numbers from 2006 when jobs were still there. 2007 is much higher.
Year report 365 days for 2006,

Murders 6

Rapes 52

Robberies 83

Assaults 265

Burglaries 1,462

Thefts 3,115

Auto thefts 331

Last edited by firemed; 03-05-2008 at 11:05 AM..

Old 03-11-2008, 07:52 AM

159 posts, read 551,268 times
Default Haven't Been Here in a While

But just in case you missed the other thread where Firemed continued to knock Cape Coral. Ie, no jobs

The other discussion was about how the new airport will effect some issues with younger people making a living to support there homes.

I saw this happen on Long Island having MC Arthur airport. Once they opened it to commercial use business moved into surrounding areas thus creating small light industrial parks.

Well guess what folks, it's gonna happen right here in SWFL, Ft Myers Airport

IMHO this will only scratch the service and hopefully more will come thus opening up more real employment.
Airport lands biotech park | news-press.com | The News-Press (http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080311/BUSINESS/803110385/1075 - broken link)

Last edited by NYBill; 03-11-2008 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: more thoughts

Old 03-12-2008, 12:46 PM

937 posts, read 2,889,515 times
Default I hope so for the younger people

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBill View Post
But just in case you missed the other thread where Firemed continued to knock Cape Coral. Ie, no jobs

The other discussion was about how the new airport will effect some issues with younger people making a living to support there homes.

I saw this happen on Long Island having MC Arthur airport. Once they opened it to commercial use business moved into surrounding areas thus creating small light industrial parks.

Well guess what folks, it's gonna happen right here in SWFL, Ft Myers Airport

IMHO this will only scratch the service and hopefully more will come thus opening up more real employment.
Airport lands biotech park | news-press.com | The News-Press (http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080311/BUSINESS/803110385/1075 - broken link)

All I know is that all the promises that were promised in SWFL, so far much has not happened with those promises. I feel that it is very transient there and people just don't stay put and wait for those so-called jobs to happen.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:01 PM

159 posts, read 551,268 times
I guess you are not familiar with the layout around the new airport.

Lots of land cleared and the underground work done for electric, water and sewer plus the proper drainage for parking areas. The road leading into the airport is all lanscaped, all sorts of Palm trees on the traffic islands making it appealing not only to travelers but bussiness looking to move in.

Once industry starts moving in it should be interesting to see they have quailfied people from the area to fill these jobs.

Bottom line is they have there foot in the door and according to this article everyone is thrilled to see this company moving in, thus creating at least 500 new jobs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area