Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 11:59 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times

Advertisements

The only problem is that you have to get your internet separately. The web providers charge more if you don't get your TV from them don't they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 01:44 PM

964 posts, read 2,064,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
The only problem is that you have to get your internet separately. The web providers charge more if you don't get your TV from them don't they?
I have my phone and internet bundled through Comcast. IMO, the quality and selection available through DirectV for the TV is worth the extra couple of dollars. Besides, that bundling rate through Comcast expires after awhile anyway.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:57 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
Good info on Direct TV. I'll have to see if they settle their dispute with the Yankees.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:31 PM

6 posts, read 15,245 times
Arrow I agree.

Yep, everyone in every state - hates Comcast.

Use CenturyTel for the internet and a "basic" phone line without long distance.

Then get a "MagicJack " for your long distance.

T.V. channels are about the same with Dish, Direct TV or Comcast,

but Direct TV has the best DVR.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:54 AM

225 posts, read 493,996 times
Quote:
Good info on Direct TV. I'll have to see if they settle their dispute with the Yankees.
Just get the MLB extra innings package and you will still get to see the Yankees. I dumped my Sports package that carried the YES network and purchased the MLB package so now I won't miss any Yankee games.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:43 PM

964 posts, read 2,064,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyCF View Post
Just get the MLB extra innings package and you will still get to see the Yankees. I dumped my Sports package that carried the YES network and purchased the MLB package so now I won't miss any Yankee games.
As a new subscriber, DirectV offers deals like free MLB for six months. Trust me - from experience, DTV will deal - particularly if you are an existing cable TV subscriber. Words like "What will you offer to have me switch?" and then when they make their offer say, "I was thinking about free X or free Y as well."

Tried and true, it works!

Old 04-13-2011, 02:58 PM

225 posts, read 493,996 times
Quote:
Dispute was settled. Also heard Comcast will be raising their rates.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:15 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Comcast raises their rates every year.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:07 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Comcast is no longer Comcast and they once again raised their rates. They are now Xfinity or something stupid like that. Same crappy service, same crappy customer non-service.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:25 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Comcast is still Comcast. In fact, they just bought NBC not that long ago.

Xfinity is the name for the re-branded triple play services in Comcast's largest markets, which include the company's digital cable, cable Internet access, and cable telephone services.

Comcast - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scroll down to the bottom and you will see that the copyright is still Comcast. XFINITY TV | Watch Full TV Shows and Movies | Free Online Streaming

But I guess this really says it all. Xfinity and Comcast on the same page. It's just re-branding to showcase their all-digital platform. Welcome to XFINITY® (http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Learn/overview.html - broken link)

Ralph Roberts formed Comcast in 1963. He just turned 91 and serves as founder and chairman emeritus of Comcast's board of directors. His son, Brian L. Roberts, is the current CEO.

From three days ago:

Comcast Rolls Out 105 Mbps 'Extreme' Broadband Service | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Government Approves Comcast-NBC Deal - NYTimes.com

Goodness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area