Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2010, 09:36 AM

15 posts, read 43,276 times

Advertisements

Kaiser University, even though it might have some accreditation, does not have a good reputation.
When I first cam to the US, Kaiser would have accepted me even though my English was nowhere near college level. They seem to accept students left and right...$$$$$$. On the other hand, BCC required me to take an English assessment test.

My friend's dad works for HR (hospital). Based on his experience, he would not even consider students from Kaiser. Remember, there are plenty of schools (community, private, state, and technical)down here. The HR has a lot of choices, therefore, you should consider school's reputation.

I also have a friend who attended Kaiser. She stopped attending classes (it was getting expenssive) and still was charged some fees. She could not transfer her credits to ANY other school.

As a healthcare professional, I can tell you that local hospitals prefer students from BCC, NOVA, FIU, and FAU.

Last edited by 305; 11-14-2010 at 09:47 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 05:23 PM

1 posts, read 922 times
Keiser is legit, depending on your program or degree depends whether your credits will transfer or not and how many. You need to check the program you are in and what classes you have taken from what college and what degree. It really depends before you decide Keiser isn't legit, they were just part of 2016 World News and Report, sorry it didn't work for you and I am glad you found a program that did.

Old 04-14-2016, 07:20 AM

874 posts, read 900,101 times
Clearly, there's a clear pattern to the comments... people who work in the healthcare industry say they'd choose a Miami-Dade or Broward graduate over someone from Kaiser.

It seems unlikely that the OP will respond with what they ended up doing since this thread started in 2010.

Old 04-14-2016, 07:15 PM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan w View Post
Keiser is legit, depending on your program or degree depends whether your credits will transfer or not and how many. You need to check the program you are in and what classes you have taken from what college and what degree. It really depends before you decide Keiser isn't legit, they were just part of 2016 World News and Report, sorry it didn't work for you and I am glad you found a program that did.
IF YOUR CREDITS WILL NOT TRANSFER = NOT LEGIT!

Keiser University - misleading students!, Review 403142 | Complaints Board

Ripoff Report | Keiser University Complaint Review Sarasota, Florida: 316364

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/03/bu...ofit.html?_r=0

Hint: real colleges don't have this kind of bad press!

Old 04-14-2016, 07:33 PM

5,023 posts, read 7,450,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
True! Sad but true.

For Profit schools are shams.

Old 04-25-2016, 12:01 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,045,336 times
Stick with a State School. Stay away from Private Schools if you can...way too much $.

Nova University is decent...but if you can get into FAU or FIU or Broward College, you'd be better off.

Old 04-25-2016, 06:19 PM

8,071 posts, read 4,746,263 times
Keiser seems to advertise a lot on south Florida TV stations. I feel the same about colleges that advertise as I feel about lawyers who advertise. Yes, they might get the job done and they might be perfectly legit...but if they're that good, why do they need to advertise? Just as these lawyers who advertise get the reputation of being "ambulance chasers," then the colleges get a reputation of being diploma mills.

Old 11-28-2023, 12:44 PM

1 posts, read 143 times
Default Is Keiser University Accredited For Nursing?

I got a site https://universitymonk.com, where I found this article link.

Can anyone confirm? Is it helpful or not?

https://universitymonk.com/is-keiser...d-for-nursing/

Thanks in advance

Old 11-29-2023, 07:10 PM

653 posts, read 589,427 times
I know this is a bit off topic but I'm curious since many who have answered the OP in this thread seem to have some insight or at least informed opinions. What is FAU's reputation like now? I ask because I graduated from FAU in '88 as one of the original ~200 inaugural freshman with my Bachelors before moving to Tallahassee for grad school. I was originally going to attend Ga. Tech until my mother me a question I wasn't able to answer.

"How are you going to pay for it?", and the thought of a secret college bank account was dashed.

Old 12-01-2023, 06:00 AM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier500 View Post
Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm really looking to get out of Minnesota, and South Florida seems wonderful to me! The only thing is that out of state tuition might me a factor/hinderance...but it may be worth it to move down there - at least for a couple of years. I'd prefer Fort Lauderdale/north of Miami over actual Miami...but I don't have too many options at this point (I think).
Here's what will happen:

you will get here, work a restaurant job and never have enough money to get back to college.

Keiser college is a for profit private school, they will get you loaded up with loans and nobody will hire you with a Keiser degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area