Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 05:06 PM

59 posts, read 219,004 times

Advertisements

I am gay and ft lauderdale is the place to be for that reason but are any other gay people wanting to move out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2007, 05:33 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,189,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch1156 View Post
I am gay and ft lauderdale is the place to be for that reason but are any other gay people wanting to move out?
Maybe cost of living but other then that all the ones I know are happy. It is interesting they have a few niches here. Almost all the employees at the Home Depot are gay as well as many other stores, many very open. One guys who is a cashier at the Winn Dixie I believe is also a female impersonator. He often has on make up and you think nothing of it, he is a nice guy.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:58 PM

for me its not just the cost of living its also the fact that different neighborhoods are becoming overrun with undesirables, and because people could not sell their homes they rented them out to those same people who have no desire to take care of property

Old 05-03-2007, 07:01 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,680,009 times
just mosey over to Wilton Manors and you'll be right at home

Old 05-03-2007, 07:12 PM

Quote:
for me its not just the cost of living its also the fact that different neighborhoods are becoming overrun with undesirables, and because people could not sell their homes they rented them out to those same people who have no desire to take care of property
What? Who are these undesirables paying $1200 to a couple of thousand a month rent? The renter doesn't take care of the property the land lord does and I don't think someone wanting to sell their house some time soon is letting it run down.

Old 05-03-2007, 08:45 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,057 times
Flagler County is very gay friendly for couples who are interested in living a quiet, laid back life. No specific gay bars, but everyone mingles and is accepted.... one gay bar in Daytona Beach, otherwise Orlando and Jax are each an hour away. St. Augustine is 30 mins away- very artsy, quirky and fun.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:12 AM

of coarse they can pay high rents ! they have extended families living there and a good portion of owners are out of state and don,t know anything till they get the letter from code enforcement and thats the reality of it and trust me I am practically married to the code enforcer ! kidding of coarse

Old 05-04-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
of coarse they can pay high rents ! they have extended families living there and a good portion of owners are out of state and don,t know anything till they get the letter from code enforcement and thats the reality of it and trust me I am practically married to the code enforcer ! kidding of coarse
I think I mis understood, you now live in Fort Lauderdale. You are not asking about Fort Lauderdale.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:22 AM

45 posts, read 211,553 times
I have no idea about Ft.Lauderdale, but I do know there are plenty places for gays/lesbians to go in Orlando, and you come across alot of them. There is a place called The Parlimont House and they just built another big building behind that it is all for gays/lesbians/transexuals and others in that lifestyle. You have several other gay clubs down in Orlando also there is a place called Faces on Edgewater Dr. they have another building right beside it for men, I believe one is for gay men and the other building is for lesbians, from what I have heard. Another place is Southern Nights, haven't been down that way for a very long time, but I think it is still there. Downtown Orlando have clubs but have nights for gays/lesbians. You would just have to look into it all. But, there are plenty of gay/lesbians in the Orlando area I do know that.

Old 05-04-2007, 03:14 PM

not everyone that is gay wants to live in wilton manors!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area