Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 11:18 AM
vr2

224 posts, read 802,388 times

Advertisements

You would be a fool to move to Lauderhill.

Trying to find the one halfway decent neighborhood in the ghetto isn't good advice. Lauderhill is one of the most dangerous areas in the county. In fact, most of the crime in Sunrise and Tamarac is spillover from Lauderhill.

While retaining some privacy, I have a close relative in law enforcement in one of the previously mentioned cities - believe me, you don't want to live in Lauderhill. Especially when there are much better places in the area like Coral Springs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 06:48 AM

2 posts, read 9,707 times
I am 25 and I lived in broward county my entire life, and i can assure you that lauderdale lakes and lauderhill are safe working class neighborhoods. if you are a racist and dont like black people around your kids then i recommend the living outside the 10 mile box nolefan34 mentioned. Which was east of US1 (beach front property) and west of university which cannot be more than 10 years old. both these factors mean high prices. but if you do decide to live within "the black box" You do have to look out for thses ares. in lauderhill from 47ter going west to 60th can get a little rough. In lauderdale lake 44th street. i actually live in that nighborhood now but from the tone of this blog i dont recomment any of you [mod]snip[/mod]to live there. the entire city of north lauderdale and margate are safe. On the west side of kimberly the nieghborhood looks a little (very little) rough but the people are working class and the police wil not let there citizens be afraid. they are very...mean when they ought to be. Please people im not sure why MELROSE was even mention but this area is a NO GO! This neighborhood might look safe but it's not. i dont recommend anyone living there. or even nieghborhoods near melrose. the city of plantation would be the next closest city to melsrose and if you have the cash head west. east planation is safe but it is close to melrose and you will run into some trouble. i hope I was some help be safe not sorry!

Last edited by fauve; 05-21-2010 at 08:53 AM..

Old 05-24-2010, 10:09 AM

49 posts, read 133,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blckppl View Post
I am 25 and I lived in broward county my entire life, and i can assure you that lauderdale lakes and lauderhill are safe working class neighborhoods. if you are a racist and dont like black people around your kids then i recommend the living outside the 10 mile box nolefan34 mentioned. Which was east of US1 (beach front property) and west of university which cannot be more than 10 years old. both these factors mean high prices. but if you do decide to live within "the black box" You do have to look out for thses ares. in lauderhill from 47ter going west to 60th can get a little rough. In lauderdale lake 44th street. i actually live in that nighborhood now but from the tone of this blog i dont recomment any of you Moderator cut: snipto live there. the entire city of north lauderdale and margate are safe. On the west side of kimberly the nieghborhood looks a little (very little) rough but the people are working class and the police wil not let there citizens be afraid. they are very...mean when they ought to be. Please people im not sure why MELROSE was even mention but this area is a NO GO! This neighborhood might look safe but it's not. i dont recommend anyone living there. or even nieghborhoods near melrose. the city of plantation would be the next closest city to melsrose and if you have the cash head west. east planation is safe but it is close to melrose and you will run into some trouble. i hope I was some help be safe not sorry!
I used to live in Melorose back in 1996. On Evanston Circle. I didn't have any bad experiences there, but I know things change. So, it has gotten that bad? I knew a lot of families there. It was pretty quiet when I lived there. Some crime here and there, but that's normal. I don't go through life not expecting any crime in a neighborhood. But I'm very, extremely picky about whom I chose as friends and whom I allow in my house. Plus, I'm always alert and prepared whenever I'm walking anywhere. I already know, that no matter where you are, criminals are always looking for a victim.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:29 AM

5 posts, read 23,628 times
Why risk your life ????

Head West towards I-75 and live in a decent area (a little more expensive) than live in an armpit of Lauderhill and its surrounding areas. If you don't mind driving a distance and paying tolls, head north to Coral Sprngs / Sawgrass Mills area. Moderator cut: you doth protest too much I just don't want to be near low class hoot rats dealing drugs , hearing gun fire every night and seeing people on food stamp with gold teeth and driving fancy cars with 22 inch rims and using their WIC benefits at the supermarket.

Jason

Last edited by fauve; 06-04-2010 at 10:53 AM..

Old 02-10-2022, 09:32 AM

27 posts, read 30,333 times
What wondering about getting an update on what Lauderdale Lakes is like today?

In terms of safety and everyday living

Old 02-10-2022, 06:20 PM

164 posts, read 374,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiacbytecode View Post
What wondering about getting an update on what Lauderdale Lakes is like today?

In terms of safety and everyday living
Lots of crime. Terrible infrastructure. One of Broward's worst cities.

Old 02-11-2022, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor88 View Post
Lots of crime. Terrible infrastructure. One of Broward's worst cities.
Really? Are they’re any quiet areas? Residential areas?

Old 02-11-2022, 06:43 AM

17,285 posts, read 22,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiacbytecode View Post
Really? Are they’re any quiet areas? Residential areas?
Nice stop at the local convenience store......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42nZ3ifUzYQ

Old 02-11-2022, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Nice stop at the local convenience store......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42nZ3ifUzYQ
Unless you’re buying liquor or using a drive thru ATM at 2AM I think you have nothing to worry about in living in Lauderdale Lakes.

Also, unrelated, from what I hear it is a majority West Indian population which I find to be enticing when I deciding where to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area