Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2008, 08:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,639 times

Advertisements

I'm a 34 yo single mom with a 1 year old looking to relocate to the Ft Lauderdale area. I have read about Hollywood and I generally like an Urban area with laid back vibe. Safety is key but I'm a city girl so the burbs are out of the question.. I've been in Milwaukee for 15 years and love its mixture of cultrure w/o stuffiness. Chicago was nice to visit but way too busy for me! The beach seems perfect and warm Any thoughts from the locals???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 04:37 PM

2 posts, read 4,303 times
I've lived in Hollywood for 7+ years. It's a nice city. It has its own activities and sites, including its own very nice beach. What's great is that you're not stuck with Hollywood, as you have all of Miami and all of Ft Lauderdale in just a few miles in the car. It's a center point when you can't decide just where you want to focus on. I tried Weston for a couple years. It's sooooo far west. I tried super south Miami. It's soooo far south. Whatever you do, look towards the eastern areas (turnpike or east), unless you're looking for the yupie life. lol. good luck in your quest. Gary.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:11 PM

392 posts, read 1,261,440 times
My wife, same age as yourself along with our soon to be 10 month old live in Hollywood.... around Sheridan Street and 46th Avenue and like it very much.

Being in Hollywood you're close to the beach with a great broadwalk to walk along with small restaurants and the beach is great. We try to get down there a couple times a week in the early evening to get the little one out for some fresh sea air. You also have T.Y. Park with walking and bike paths as well as a water park.

Hollywood is definately centrally located. 15 mins to you're north you're in Ft. Lauderdale. 15 mins west and you're at the Pembroke Lakes Mall.
15 mins south you're into Aventura and another 15 mins of that is South Beach.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:03 PM

326 posts, read 1,453,126 times
I lived in Hollywood, Hollywood Lakes neighborhood, for over 7 years, 12 in total in Broward County. I moved in with a 3 year old and left with a 10 and another 3 year old. We loved it. The neighborhood was quiet yet lively, the neighborhood was full of children, the beach is great, the recreational opportunities very diversified, great county parks, good (private) schools 5 to 25 minutes away. The only regret I have is having moved north. The biggest pleasure is having kept the house in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area