Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2023, 05:37 AM

3 posts, read 14,132 times

Advertisements

hello
within the next few weeks I am taking a holiday in fort Lauderdale and was considering travelling by train from miami airport station to fort Lauderdale Florida tri rail station
from the station I was proposing taking a taxi to the downtown las olas area where my hotel is situated

I would be arriving at Florida tri rail station about 8pm on a week day not Friday/Saturday/Sunday

my question is would there be a taxi waiting at the rail station for me to take , or how easy would it be for me to get one and would me and my wife be safe looking very much like tourists with suitcases etc in the station district which I understand is West Broward

appreciate any guidance

thanks. ron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2023, 11:01 AM

17,280 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silhillron View Post
hello
within the next few weeks I am taking a holiday in fort Lauderdale and was considering travelling by train from miami airport station to fort Lauderdale Florida tri rail station
from the station I was proposing taking a taxi to the downtown las olas area where my hotel is situated

I would be arriving at Florida tri rail station about 8pm on a week day not Friday/Saturday/Sunday

my question is would there be a taxi waiting at the rail station for me to take , or how easy would it be for me to get one and would me and my wife be safe looking very much like tourists with suitcases etc in the station district which I understand is West Broward

appreciate any guidance

thanks. ron

You will be fine but the Lauderdale Airport station is a a significantly better neighborhood than the Broward Blvd station which is actually closer to Las Olas. Airport TriRail stop is one before Broward Blvd. Broward Blvd after dark is NOT good for tourists with suitcases.

Also consider these are the last 4 trains out of Miami: 6:20 PM 6:50 PM 7:50 PM 9:40 PM
If you miss your 750 departure you will have to wait almost 2 hours until the final train. At that point just pay for an uber or taxi to take you from Miami to your hotel. That will be a miserable wait in a not so great area of the airport/no food/restaurants nearby other than vending machines.

Old 09-25-2023, 07:47 AM

92 posts, read 111,634 times
Load uber on your phone for your vacation,if you are taking tri-rail get off at broward blvd for los olas area,uber has a tri rail
deal....

Old 09-25-2023, 12:23 PM

2,939 posts, read 4,122,745 times
Quote:
hello
within the next few weeks I . . . was considering travelling by train from miami airport station . . . to the downtown las olas area where my hotel is situated
Ron - check the Brightline schedule. It seems like it would be easier to take metrorail to Miami Central and then take Brightline to downtown Ft. Lauderdale. Brightline will give you a ride to your hotel from the station.

When you take into account having to Uber from the TriRail station, taking metrorail to Brightline will probably save you time and money.

Old 09-27-2023, 01:15 PM

thanks

City Guy997S, obuma, drive carephilly, for your local knowledge and suggestions will have another look at my travel plans
ron

Old 09-28-2023, 05:49 AM

Tri-Rail starts at the Miami airport......no brainer, just take the TriRail

The timing is crucial, if you miss that hourly train then the next train is 2 hours later (last one).

Broward Blvd Station at 8-9pm is going to be rough on a tourist new to the area, hence my suggestion of getting off one exit earlier and spend a few bucks more on getting to your hotel. Lauderdale airport stop will be much more populated at that time.

https://www.google.com/maps/@26.1190...8192?entry=ttu
This is a street view of the station.

Old 10-30-2023, 05:25 AM

thanks, City Guy997S, drive carephilly, obuma

just returned from Fort Lauderdale after a 21 day stay, took an Uber taxi from Miami airport to our hotel and return had a great stay in Lauderdale and surrounding areas
thanks again for your input

ron

Old 10-30-2023, 12:35 PM

Quote:
thanks, City Guy997S, drive carephilly, obuma

just returned from Fort Lauderdale after a 21 day stay, took an Uber taxi from Miami airport to our hotel and return had a great stay in Lauderdale and surrounding areas
thanks again for your input

ron
Glad you had a great stay! What did you think of Fort Lauderdale?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area