Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 04:55 PM

117 posts, read 106,501 times

Advertisements

First off, I don't use edibles to get high. I have terrible insomnia and I bite off half of one to help me sleep through the night. I currently live in Nevada where recreational use is legal but I'll be moving to Florida in a couple weeks where I understand recreational use is not legal. I don't want a medical use card because I'm a gun owner and worry about the restrictions placed on firearms purchases while using medical marijuana. If anyone knows the legal ins and outs on this issue, please educate me if I'm wrong about this. If I got it right, do I have any other options. Again, not a stoner. I just want a good nights sleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2022, 08:16 PM

21,618 posts, read 31,193,827 times
Edibles aren’t legal recreationally in FL, so there’s not really any ins and outs to circumvent the law. Not too sure what else you want to know.

Old 10-08-2022, 08:47 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,398,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric3452 View Post
First off, I don't use edibles to get high. I have terrible insomnia and I bite off half of one to help me sleep through the night. I currently live in Nevada where recreational use is legal but I'll be moving to Florida in a couple weeks where I understand recreational use is not legal. I don't want a medical use card because I'm a gun owner and worry about the restrictions placed on firearms purchases while using medical marijuana. If anyone knows the legal ins and outs on this issue, please educate me if I'm wrong about this. If I got it right, do I have any other options. Again, not a stoner. I just want a good nights sleep.
You could try a combination of CBD and THC-8, which is currently legal without a medical cannabis card. THC-9 is not legal to use without that card in Florida.

Old 10-11-2022, 08:13 PM

835 posts, read 475,295 times
Quote:
I would suggest you take something legal for sleeping and not have to rely on pot to give you a good night’s sleep.

Old 10-12-2022, 03:47 PM

453 posts, read 301,248 times
Quote:
Yes. a stoner LOL.

If you're addicted to pot you should have thought of that before moving here. And yes you ARE addicted.

Insomnia is not a normal human condition and should be addessed with more than drugs.

Start with all the typical advise AND fixing your diet, meditation, yoga, exercise etc etc etc.

https://shop.drfuhrman.com/calm-biotect/

Old 10-14-2022, 05:53 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,898,602 times
Edibles (including delta 9) are legal in most states because the 2018 Farm bill that legalized hemp also federally legalized THC so long as the product is no higher than 0.3% of dry weight.

While a person would burn their lungs up trying to get high smoking 0.3% flower, 0.3% potency of an edible can be a significant dose, and if not, a person could have more than one gummy.

I don't know what the laws are in Florida but there are a lot of edible companies that ship to all 50 states.

A good place to start looking might be leafly. There are frequently ads for free samples "just pay shipping". There are also products available on Amazon, even shipped by Amazon. They aren't allowed to advertise exactly what they are because of their TOS but if you do a search for "hemp gummies" the reviewers will tell you what the description cannot. They also might be available for purchase in Florida at a head shop or other adult stores.

As somebody else mentioned, there are also delta 8, delta 0, delta 10, and other cannabinoid extracts that aren't scheduled under any federal law and they all have similar effects.

The farm bill expires in 2023 and most people expect these loopholes won't make it in whatever replaces it.

Old 11-30-2022, 08:14 PM

Edibles / pot may be legal, but relying on them to give you a good night’s sleep is a bad idea. Many other harmful substances (tobacco, alcohol) are also legal, the legality doesn’t change their toxicity. Classic case of solving a symptom rather than the problem at hand.

Old 12-02-2022, 07:30 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,215,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRice View Post
Edibles / pot may be legal, but relying on them to give you a good night’s sleep is a bad idea. Many other harmful substances (tobacco, alcohol) are also legal, the legality doesn’t change their toxicity. Classic case of solving a symptom rather than the problem at hand.
You have no idea what the hell you’re talking about. This is a subjective matter.

Old 12-02-2022, 09:25 AM

1,424 posts, read 1,281,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
You have no idea what the hell you’re talking about. This is a subjective matter.
Exactly. It's mind boggling how uninformed yet opinionated some can be

Old 12-05-2022, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lluvia View Post
Exactly. It's mind boggling how uninformed yet opinionated some can be
I’m going to assume that both of you use a lot of weed as well considering how much you’re defending it. Pot may be legal, but it only cures the OP’s sleep ailment temporarily until the weed effect wears off. I was under the impression that they want to cure their sleep problems for good, not to have to keep doing weed edibles.

The OP should be seeing a sleep doctor, and not hitting up a pot dispensary. I’d say the same to a person using tramadol as a way to “treat” their pain (which comes back worse after the med wears off, just like, oh, hmm, pot.)

When the OP sees a reputable sleep doctor (and I’m not talking about a medical marijuana card mill, again, REPUTABLE doctor) and they suggest pot edibles as a way to cure insomnia, I’ll gladly admit I’m wrong. However, such a thing will never come to fruition, so happy holidays to you both.

Last edited by StarryKnight1; 12-05-2022 at 03:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area