Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 08:33 AM

1,260 posts, read 943,932 times

Advertisements

As I explore buying in Hollywood, I am curious as to what the vibe there is like?

Being that it sits almost smack dab in the middle between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, does it feel like it's got it's own thing going on? Does it feel like a suburb of Fort Lauderdale? Or does it feel like a city in its own right that has a blend of both Miami and Fort Lauderdale culture? Do people who live in Hollywood spend as much time in Miami as they do in Fort Lauderdale. People who live in Hollywood do they say to outsiders of the region, I live in the Miami area, or do they say they live in the Fort Lauderdale area?

From my very limited experience in Hollywood, to me it ends to feel more like the northern cities of Miami-Dade, like Sunny Isles, Aventura, etc, rather than feeling like the rest of Broward or its adjacent neighbors to the north of it.

I think at the end of the day I am just curious as to what is Hollywood's identity. It's sits in such an interesting spot in South Florida and it's a good sized city, with lots of diversity and interesting aspects to it.

I am also curious to see what people think the city's potential is in the future as a place to invest in real estate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2022, 02:08 PM

141 posts, read 115,171 times
Hollywood has its own vibe, and I'd say it is is more in the sphere of influence of Ft. Lauderdale and Broward County than Miami and Dade county. Of course, South FL being the way it is, it blends pretty seamlessly into the cities it borders.

Old 01-31-2022, 03:58 PM

3,233 posts, read 3,187,851 times
As someone who visits friends in Hollywood, I concur with Roger L.

Old 02-01-2022, 03:50 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,098,224 times
Hollywood has its own vibe. It isn't Miami nor is it Fort Lauderdale.

Old 02-01-2022, 08:21 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,523,544 times
and just what is that vibe?

Old 02-02-2022, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGuest View Post
and just what is that vibe?
I would call it ol’ time Florida beach town flavored and topped with suburban sprawl, Orthodox Jews and some urban blight sprinkles.

Old 02-02-2022, 06:24 AM

Opps, forgot to add some Hard Rock sauce!

Old 02-03-2022, 06:23 PM

361 posts, read 837,113 times
Probably the US town with the most Canadians.

Old 02-27-2022, 08:35 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,518,057 times
I just spent last week in Hollywood, so, no expert, but it was really very nice, even in the touristy areas. I've been to every major city in the state as well as a few minor ones + the keys, and Hollywood stood out as a place I think I could live in year-round.

Old 03-20-2022, 11:21 AM

397 posts, read 318,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkertinker View Post
As I explore buying in Hollywood, I am curious as to what the vibe there is like?

Being that it sits almost smack dab in the middle between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, does it feel like it's got it's own thing going on? Does it feel like a suburb of Fort Lauderdale? Or does it feel like a city in its own right that has a blend of both Miami and Fort Lauderdale culture? Do people who live in Hollywood spend as much time in Miami as they do in Fort Lauderdale. People who live in Hollywood do they say to outsiders of the region, I live in the Miami area, or do they say they live in the Fort Lauderdale area?

From my very limited experience in Hollywood, to me it ends to feel more like the northern cities of Miami-Dade, like Sunny Isles, Aventura, etc, rather than feeling like the rest of Broward or its adjacent neighbors to the north of it.

I think at the end of the day I am just curious as to what is Hollywood's identity. It's sits in such an interesting spot in South Florida and it's a good sized city, with lots of diversity and interesting aspects to it.

I am also curious to see what people think the city's potential is in the future as a place to invest in real estate.
When I was first looking to move to South Florida, I was looking heavily at Hollywood before ultimately moving to Fort Lauderdale. I'd say Hollywood is a lot more similar to Fort Lauderdale culturally and geographically. The owner of this condo I was close to buying was practically bragging about how different Hollywood was to Miami and how everyone speaks Spanish instead of English down there, etc. Hollywood shares a border and an international airport with Fort Lauderdale. They're twin cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area