Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2022, 07:34 AM

4,605 posts, read 3,295,372 times

Advertisements

I don't shop in-store anymore, but have been having trouble finding things unavailable when ordering online. I usually order from Wal-Mart, and lately all kinds of basic things like eggs, tomatoes, cabbage, have been left off my order as "unavailable." Can't get Uncle Ben's rice. No big cartons of yoghurt.

Do people who shop in stores find this true as well? Or is it just the online orders?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2022, 07:51 AM

30 posts, read 56,157 times
We also do Walmart curbside and often experience the same problem. It could sometimes be shortage but a while ago we had 3 items unavailable from our order and just to prove my suspicion, we went inside and found all 3 items in stock, so my conclusion was that the employee just didn't care to look for the items.

Old 01-28-2022, 08:00 AM

But this never used to happen. I've been ordering from Wal-Mart for the last 2 years. It was never this way before, when we first started ordering. That's why I'm wondering what has changed. We get the delivery instead of doing the pickup.

Old 01-29-2022, 06:22 AM

21,616 posts, read 31,180,666 times
I’m not a cream cheese guy, but I was in Publix in Boca yesterday and they had zero cream cheese. It was interesting to see.

Old 01-29-2022, 07:59 AM

200 posts, read 156,944 times
Nay, I shop at Publix Supermarkets near my subdivision/development, most times they are well stocked and have had no problem with their supply chain! big delivery trucks two times a day....great staff re-stocking on the floor most times.

I don't shop for foodstuffs online. I don't bank online. I don't do Facebook. I don't do Instagram. I don't use Google's Gmail. I don't access the net on my phone. My phone is not registered in my name. I don't give out my phone number on my main phone - I don't text. I don't order anything online, I don't subscribe to read journals online. I don't use tele-medicine. I don't Zoom or tele-conference. I don't use Alexa, I don't use Amazon for anything esp Echo. I damn sure don't use voice recognition. And no, I'm not an old retiree fuddyduddy. I work in intelligence so I know better. The last thing I want is some amorphous organization cataloging what kind of food I eat, when, where, and of course where I live while eating it (which gets delivered by another third party cataloging and compling/selling even more private data).

Shopping at Publix Supermarkets in person works for me....and NO, I don't use any kind of card to buy my food. Cash is king, and has no name on it....and people that use a credit card to buy food, need their heads examined! need cash? go cash a check or hit the ATM (and that's bad enough as well because the bank's in your business too, but not as much.

To each his own......but please! I laugh myself silly when I hear " I'm not doing anything wrong, and have nothing to hide"....those kinds of people are the most stupid and gullible.
I know better (seen the ramifications and details).

Old 01-29-2022, 12:35 PM

278 posts, read 316,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
I don't shop in-store anymore, but have been having trouble finding things unavailable when ordering online. I usually order from Wal-Mart, and lately all kinds of basic things like eggs, tomatoes, cabbage, have been left off my order as "unavailable." Can't get Uncle Ben's rice. No big cartons of yoghurt.

Do people who shop in stores find this true as well? Or is it just the online orders?
I haven't noticed anything in our area? Typical we order online from Target, WF, Publix etc... Nothing seems to our of the ordinary. We are in west Broward if that helps

Old 01-30-2022, 08:04 AM

My online orders seem to come from the big superstore in Pompano, wherever that is (the store, not the town). But sometimes they pull it from the WalMart store just south of 10th in Deerfield Beach.

Old 01-30-2022, 08:40 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,464,793 times
if you want eggs,go to Kroger,I dont know why they have so many eggs,18 large eggs for 97 cents if you have a KR card this week.
They are quite fresh,fresher than the brown eggs I bought in other stores.
They have some fresh green beans this week which are quite tender ,but they ran out fast.
pick up some Francessca pizza $3.79 while supply lasts

Old 01-30-2022, 08:44 AM

Sounds lovely. But no Krogers in these parts.

Old 02-01-2022, 04:17 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Global supply chain issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
View detailed profiles of: