Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2021, 03:33 AM

220 posts, read 268,605 times

Advertisements

Soon to retire gay couple, priced out of downtown St Pete and likely downtown and South Tampa
Not interested in suburban living, avoid driving to most places as possible BUT not opposed to small home where you can still walk to downtown area in 20 min or so.

New Yorkers here and used to walk

Is it realistic to find a 2bd/2bt condo in the area where you can walk, bike, scoot to stores, shopping for less than 400K? better if less than 375K

It does not have to be close to beach either

I know a realtor is ideal for narrowing choices, just hoping I can get feedback regarding areas where you don't have to get on a car for every single need

Thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2021, 09:02 PM

278 posts, read 318,106 times
110 N Federal Hwy Apt 1024, Fort Lauderdale

$365,000 | 2 bds • 2 ba

https://apps.realtor.com/mUAZ/92bf7636

Yes it's possible. Example above. Walking dista6to downtown, shops, restaurants and near the beach.

Yes it's poss

Old 09-28-2021, 08:24 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,846,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrekid View Post
110 N Federal Hwy Apt 1024, Fort Lauderdale

$365,000 | 2 bds • 2 ba

https://apps.realtor.com/mUAZ/92bf7636

Yes it's possible. Example above. Walking dista6to downtown, shops, restaurants and near the beach.

Yes it's poss

That's Waverly - a very nice building. It is practically in downtown.

Old 09-28-2021, 11:37 PM

Can i ask, do some neighborhoods favor more that urban feel? or is it rather neighborhood sections that have that walkable downtown look? as in no need to get on your car and rather walk to get coffee, go shopping, dinning, gym, etc.

Old 10-02-2021, 06:12 PM

164 posts, read 375,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiehurt View Post
Can i ask, do some neighborhoods favor more that urban feel? or is it rather neighborhood sections that have that walkable downtown look? as in no need to get on your car and rather walk to get coffee, go shopping, dinning, gym, etc.
Zip code 33301 is the most urban and walkable. You really need a car to survive anywhere in South Florida, however. This is not the Northeast. Everything is spread out and it's brutally hot.

Old 10-02-2021, 06:39 PM

21,660 posts, read 31,301,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor88 View Post
Zip code 33301 is the most urban and walkable. You really need a car to survive anywhere in South Florida, however. This is not the Northeast. Everything is spread out and it's brutally hot.
Even in the northeast, if you’re not living in a major city, you need a car. It’s not all that much different than South Florida.

Old 10-03-2021, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor88 View Post
Thanks for the tip
When you refer to the most walkable, are you referring to south east FL exclusively or all of FL?
I love DWNTN St Petersburg and parts of downtown and South Tampa

Old 10-10-2021, 03:09 PM

164 posts, read 375,334 times
Quote:
Thanks for the tip
When you refer to the most walkable, are you referring to south east FL exclusively or all of FL?
I love DWNTN St Petersburg and parts of downtown and South Tampa
Most walkable part of Fort Lauderdale.

Old 10-10-2021, 08:13 PM

880 posts, read 568,354 times
Quote:
Soon to retire gay couple, priced out of downtown St Pete and likely downtown and South Tampa
Not interested in suburban living, avoid driving to most places as possible BUT not opposed to small home where you can still walk to downtown area in 20 min or so.

New Yorkers here and used to walk

Is it realistic to find a 2bd/2bt condo in the area where you can walk, bike, scoot to stores, shopping for less than 400K? better if less than 375K

It does not have to be close to beach either

I know a realtor is ideal for narrowing choices, just hoping I can get feedback regarding areas where you don't have to get on a car for every single need

Thank you in advance

Without trying to sound insulting to Tampa, I will say that you absolutely will love Fort Lauderdale. I spent the greater part of my adult life living in Fort Lauderdale, and there's so much to see and do. You're a short drive from Miami if you choose to, and it's constantly growing.

I will say, I've never really known Fort Lauderdale to be a "city" other than perhaps a mass suburbia with a small cluster of high rises (most of which were put there by Wayne Huizenga... hahah).

I can't say I will really know what you'll like... but if you're looking to retire and you want "action" and city life... you'll probably want to live East of I-95, perhaps in one of the condos. Lots of cool places to live near Los Olas and Fort Lauderdale... just East, or on the intracoastal. Lots of condos there...

I dunno, I'm excited for you guys. I live in Tampa (suburbs) and while I love it, all I think about is one day moving back to Fort Lauderdale. I still have a house down there that I rent out... but I've always loved living there.

Old 10-10-2021, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari2600 View Post
Without trying to sound insulting to Tampa, I will say that you absolutely will love Fort Lauderdale. I spent the greater part of my adult life living in Fort Lauderdale, and there's so much to see and do. You're a short drive from Miami if you choose to, and it's constantly growing.

I will say, I've never really known Fort Lauderdale to be a "city" other than perhaps a mass suburbia with a small cluster of high rises (most of which were put there by Wayne Huizenga... hahah).

I can't say I will really know what you'll like... but if you're looking to retire and you want "action" and city life... you'll probably want to live East of I-95, perhaps in one of the condos. Lots of cool places to live near Los Olas and Fort Lauderdale... just East, or on the intracoastal. Lots of condos there...

I dunno, I'm excited for you guys. I live in Tampa (suburbs) and while I love it, all I think about is one day moving back to Fort Lauderdale. I still have a house down there that I rent out... but I've always loved living there.
May I ask, how do you know St Pete? is it comparable to Ft. Lauderdale as an urban lifestyle choice? It seems downtown St Pete is smaller than downtown Ft Lauderdale
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area