Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2020, 02:26 PM

3 posts, read 4,821 times

Advertisements

Having trouble finding info on demographics and the right fit for our family. We have a kindergartner and are looking at gated communities in the Boca area. So far we’ve toured Boca Bridges and Botaniko. We weren’t impressed by Boca Bridges and are certainly not willing to wait the 18 months it takes to have a property that’s move in ready there.

We liked Botaniko in Weston, but there was nobody out and about in the community to get a feel for our potential neighbors. Does anyone know what the demographics are in this community. The sales agent mentioned it was 90%+ young families, but we have no way of validating that. Also, we’re Jewish and would like to not be the only Jews in the community. Does anyone know what the community is actually like beyond just the sales brochures and pitches?

Would also appreciate any other community recommendations. We are looking for a very safe and family friendly community, liberal, modern design, no golf membership equity, accepting of Jews. Price point is $1.5-2M

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2020, 09:22 PM

3,312 posts, read 3,261,360 times
I can’t speak for Botaniko’s demographics but can let you know that my Jewish husband still misses our home in Weston to this day (we lived there for about 20 years before he retired & we moved to north central Florida). I still stay in Weston when I am in SFLA on business and although we’ve been gone about 6 years, it still remains a well-manicured, culturally diverse oasis in Broward County (at least from what I have continued to observe).

Weston has 3 synagogues—reform, conservative and orthodox—so there is a Jewish presence in Weston. It’s congressional representative is Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, former chair of the DNC & she calls Weston her home.

Good luck with your house search!

Old 11-27-2020, 11:37 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,858,561 times
Botaniko is in the Bonaventure part of Weston. Bonaventure is not zoned for Weston's Cypress Bay High School. It may not be a big deal for you since your kid is only a kindergartner now.

Have you looked at anything in Parkland?

Old 01-11-2021, 12:30 PM

18 posts, read 19,536 times
Not sure if you bought a home yet but Parkland is very nice and Plantation . I grew up in South Florida and I’m a Realtor so I know most areas .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
View detailed profiles of: