Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2020, 04:29 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,002,922 times

Advertisements

I just saw a news report about a restaurant taking dollar bills off its walls and giving them to their employees who have been let go due to COVID-19.

The restaurant currently is Hott Leggz, but I remember when it first opened in the late 1960s it was Sir Pizza, a two-story pizza place that served pizza on a tall pedestalled platter. The decor was that of a castle. The exterior was gray outlined with faux stone blocks and turrets.

Anyone remember?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2020, 03:35 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,237,132 times
Smile My first date was at Sir Pizza!!

I've told this story before but my mom made the world's worst pizza. So, I was afraid of eating it.

First boyfriend - first date - we go to Sir Pizza - and the pizza was so GOOD I couldn't believe it and of course now, I LOVE pizza!

I just read that article and was wondering if it was the same place. Good to know.

Also, Pizza Shack on East Sunrise by the beach is also excellent.

So, I remember it and it turned out to a great first date. He was a good first boyfriend!!

Old 04-28-2020, 01:32 AM

397 posts, read 318,988 times
I moved to Fort Lauderdale in 2010 and moved away in 2019. However, while I was there, I lived close to Hott Leggz and went there about a dozen times or so. Had no idea what was there before. Thanks for filling me in. I was always surprised by the high turnover there. I saw some places change businesses like six times just in the relatively short amount of time I was there.

Old 04-28-2020, 02:03 AM

205 posts, read 241,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rose View Post
I moved to Fort Lauderdale in 2010 and moved away in 2019. However, while I was there, I lived close to Hott Leggz and went there about a dozen times or so. Had no idea what was there before. Thanks for filling me in. I was always surprised by the high turnover there. I saw some places change businesses like six times just in the relatively short amount of time I was there.
What made you leave Fort Lauderdale? Let me guess....the plethora of problems there? Insane traffic? Pushy people from NYC-NJ? Unchecked growth? Illegals? Should I stop or continue?

Old 04-28-2020, 02:32 AM

397 posts, read 318,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA33301 View Post
What made you leave Fort Lauderdale? Let me guess....the plethora of problems there? Insane traffic? Pushy people from NYC-NJ? Unchecked growth? Illegals? Should I stop or continue?
I'm originally from Boston. Moved back home to be closer to family mostly. And somewhat for financial reasons. Been a real roller coaster but I'm settling back in nicely now. Have a feeling we'll be in better shape to handle the crisis moving forward here too. So while there are many things I miss about South Florida, I think I'm better off here for the time being. Who knows what the future holds, though?

Old 01-11-2024, 07:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,742 times
Default Sir Pizza

Yeah, I remember very well. It was owned by the Butler family. They were the nicest people. I had an efficiency apartment on the second floor of the building next to Sir Pizza . My place was in the back, facing the alley. I received all my mail at Sir Pizza. I had taken their son’s aprtment and they said it was okay to use their address. So all my mail went to Sir Pizza c/o the Butlers. I can’t believe I found your post. I had just turned 20 and had left colleg in Pennsyvania and moved down to Lauderdale. It was 1971. I got a job as a dishwasher at The Wharf, the famous restaurant on the neach and Commercial. Then I got promoted to busboy haha. I managed my existence until I returned to college in September of that year. Best wishes whoever you are.

tommyn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area