Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2020, 04:46 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSilva9 View Post
I know quite a few people from Alabama, Michigan and the Midwest (particularly Wisconsin) who moved to Boca Raton and the surrounding areas (including Coral Springs) and hated it for the diversity.
South Florid is not diverse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2020, 11:07 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,686,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
South Florid is not diverse.
Compared to Wisconsin it is.

Old 01-02-2021, 10:00 PM

653 posts, read 587,710 times
The best part of Coral Springs is Taravella High School's class of '84.

Old 01-11-2021, 10:54 AM

18 posts, read 19,298 times
I grew up in Coral Springs and now live in the next town North, which is Parkland. I know South Florida very well and I also do real estate . Coral Springs is really nice still . Coconut Creek you can also find some good deals on houses . Even West Boca is affordable (for South Florida ). The more East you go (towards the beach) the more $ the homes will be . Any questions anyone has I will be more than happy to answer .

Old 01-11-2021, 12:19 PM

18 posts, read 19,298 times
I grew up in Coral Springs and I woods say more of a diverse population. I live right next to Coral Springs in Parkland and I’m a Realtor so I know the area very well. There are a lot of nice areas in Coral Springs

Old 01-12-2021, 06:07 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Compared to Wisconsin it is.
No, it is exactly the same but instead of Miami being completely white like Wisconsin is, it is completely Latino.

There is zero diversity in Miami. Something like 85 percent of Miami Dade residents speak Spanish as a first language.

While it is very different than Wisconsin, it isn't diverse.

Old 08-30-2021, 09:44 PM

4 posts, read 2,119 times
I really think Coral Springs is a super safe area… the crime rate is very low compared to a ton of cities in FL. There are areas that may look less appealing than others in Coral Springs and if that’s what you mean, then I would suggest looking into north Coral Springs. (Closer to parkland)

Old 09-08-2021, 12:04 PM

204 posts, read 128,031 times
Overall, I wouldn't worry about being held at gunpoint or 'robbed' in CS, as it is still safe, but there are certain areas to avoid. For instance, Riverside Dr, the area that extends from Wiles Rd. to Royal Palm Blvd (AVOID); from Sample Rd. west of University along 110th ave, also certain parts along Sample Rd. east of University Dr., and lots of apartment rentals along Royal Palm Blvd. west of Coral Springs Dr.

One issue that I have is all the real estate investment companies that have purchased single family homes in nice and stable neighborhoods in CS. You never know what neighbors you are going to get, which can lead to instability in the neighborhood thus impacting your quality of life and ultimately your property values. Homeownership in Coral Springs has declined over the years, about 60% of homes are now owner occupied. Look at the 2020 census data to give you a better picture of the demographics, education levels, etc.

I strongly urge you to visit Coral Springs before making a decision. Good luck in your search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area