Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2020, 09:10 AM

2 posts, read 957 times

Advertisements

Hello!
I've never posted before, so if I've missed a recent thread that discusses this, my apologies! I am relocating from Connecticut to south Florida, and I'm having a tough time narrowing down my apartment search. As of now, my research has just been online, but I'm heading down to the area to look at apartments in April for a move date in early July. I am open to living in almost any city along the coastline from Miami to West Palm Beach, with the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood area seeming (on paper) to be the best fit. I would like to stay around $2200 for a 2-bedroom/2 bath, with a pool, fitness center, walk to restaurants/bars/etc. It seems there are quite a few apartment buildings that fit this (Circ in Hollywood; Queue, Bask, Camden, Solmar on 6th, Satori, many in Flagler Village), but I'm wondering if you think it's best to find a realtor to help look in condo buildings. If anyone has input about areas or buildings that may also fit this criteria, I would so appreciate it. Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2020, 06:47 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,867,943 times
Where will you be working?

Solmar on Sixth is already a few years old, but they have recently completely a multimillion dollar renovation, to keep up with the latest buildings that are coming up in the area.

AMLI Flagler Village also did a renovation, and is pretty nice.

Personally I prefer the Manor at Flagler Village or the Edge. Pearl, EON, The Whitney are newer, and they are still giving 1 or 2 months for free. Really great buildings in terms of amenities.

Bask is newer, closer to the airport, and looks very nice. Next to a very nice shopping/restaurant plaza.

Circ in Hollywood is interesting, but I think it doubles as a hotel, and also they have valet parking only.

I like the vibe in Flagler Village, and it is also close to Victoria Park, as well as to the downtown and Las Olas.

Old 01-06-2020, 09:07 AM

2 posts, read 957 times
Thank you so much for the information, ruski! I am not entirely sure where I'll be working yet; in the process of getting my Florida teacher certification, then will likely apply to schools in Broward County and possibly Miami-Dade county schools, too. I'll be sure to tour those buildings you mentioned in Flagler Village. Many thanks!

Old 01-06-2020, 10:17 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,867,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fm000000 View Post
Thank you so much for the information, ruski! I am not entirely sure where I'll be working yet; in the process of getting my Florida teacher certification, then will likely apply to schools in Broward County and possibly Miami-Dade county schools, too. I'll be sure to tour those buildings you mentioned in Flagler Village. Many thanks!
I think Bask is more conveniently located, being really close to I-595, so you can more easily commute, if you land a job somewhere far.

Q... When I lived at ORA Flagler Village (another nice building), some of my neighbors had just moved from the Q and were not too happy about it, mentioned too much party atmosphere.

Satori is OK, getting a bit old, but still good. Also Elan 16Forty across the street from Satori is very nice, newer, nicer floorplans, and backs into Victoria Park, a better neighborhood than the area around Satori.

Camden... never really had a warm feeling about it. It is OK. Getting a bit old too. Surrounded by office buildings.

Old 01-08-2020, 07:28 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,186,088 times
I would recommend NOT teaching in Miami Dade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area