Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2019, 12:53 PM

46 posts, read 52,709 times

Advertisements

Hi All

I am coming to visit for 1 week, Dec 15 - 22 and would like to explore Ft Lauderdale and surrounding communities to get an impression of living there. Would like to stay in a nice area that has relatively easy access to city amenities but is also kind of not directly in the center of everything as I plan to take a couple day trips; Boca/Miami.

My interests are kayak, fish, beach, gym, local parks for a walk/run, seeing live music, decent restaurant selection and opportunity to be social with locals.

Kind of a tall order but wondering if anyone would suggest an area or two to focus a search for a 1-week rental? Open to others that may know of a rental that fits the bill.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 08:37 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,008,192 times
Arrow Hugh Taylor Birch State Park

The best park in Ft Lauderdale to do many of the things you listed is Hugh Taylor Birch State Park. It is located just off Sunrise Blvd, between the Intracoastal Waterway and the Atlantic Ocean. It has many trails that wind through restored natural Florida trees and foliage, mangroves, lakes, and the Intracoastal Waterway (in which you can fish).There are many picnic sites, including covered tables and charcoal grills. You can rent canoes and kayaks at the boathouse, and access the beach through a tunnel that runs under A1A from the park to the beach. Since the park runs about a mile along A1A, the beach there is relatively uncrowded as there are no hotels.

You did not mention your budget, but if the cost of beach-front luxury hotels is prohibitive, there are several nice hotels nearby. The area's premier shopping mall, The Galleria, is also close by, just kitty-corner from the park.

Las Olas (downtown) is where you'll find great restaurants, bars and boutique shops. To get there just take A1A South to Las Olas Blvd and drive West 1 mile.

And the main North/South interstate, I-95, is less than four miles directly westbound on Sunrise Blvd: Boca Raton is 16 miles North, and Miami is about 25 miles South.

Hopes this helps and that you have a wonderful visit!

Last edited by Rumann Koch; 11-11-2019 at 08:55 AM..

Old 11-19-2019, 11:05 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,134,319 times
I would look at the Victoria Park Hotel and The Dalmar.

Both close to I95 access, beaches, shops, great dining, and attractions. Plus, the Dalmar has a very cool rooftop bar.

Old 12-14-2019, 11:23 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,812,317 times
Try an Airbnb in Wilton Manors or Coral Ridge. Close to the beach, Butch state park etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area