Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2013, 07:36 PM

126 posts, read 269,946 times

Advertisements

We are 2 middle-aged, very quiet, professional GWMs looking to relocate to SE Florida. We are not into the "scene." Not interested, at all, in clubs or living in or near a gay community. We are homebodies but travel to Asia frequently. We telecommute from home to the Wash DC area. My research has shown that perhaps Broward County would be less socially and politically conservative. We are considering moving to the area and renting for one-year while looking at different areas and getting a feel of SE Florida. One issue is that it doesn't matter if we're in Miami-Dade County, Broward County or Palm Beach County since we don't drive to work. I'm not sure if one real estate agent would/could show properties in all those areas. We will be looking for a newer 3-4 BR home, in about the $400K +/- range. We would actually prefer a condo, but condo fees are usually very expensive and only increase each year. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 11:29 PM

652 posts, read 1,654,828 times
The Fort Lauderdale area/Broward is the most gay friendly. Whatever you do if you hear "Wilton Station" (condos)...run!!!!!

Palm Aire in Pompano Beach is quiet and affordable and safe.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:37 AM

2,962 posts, read 5,005,072 times
If you're into condo living, be sure to tour Brickell in Miami. I think it could be a good fit.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:40 PM

242 posts, read 499,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowSoFlorida View Post
The Fort Lauderdale area/Broward is the most gay friendly. Whatever you do if you hear "Wilton Station" (condos)...run!!!!!

Palm Aire in Pompano Beach is quiet and affordable and safe.
bwahahahah... wilton station is a fraud. they will take your money and give you nothing. this is on 26th street across from the old florida seafood restaurant.
i know a great realtor, rick gibson.
ever since the economy crashed in wilton manors around 2007 the price of homes has gone down in the area. i would check it out.
palm air is nice. there are many buildings and it is gated. it's on a golf course too.
good luck. if you have any questions direct message me. i know fort lauderdale really really well.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:59 AM

984 posts, read 4,321,615 times
Probably the Galt Mile area and Lauderdale-by-the-Sea would be very good bets. Both are properly safe, very well kept, quiet, pretty nice and by the beach. Lighthouse Point would be another option also - and I think it's cheaper as well.

Last edited by JacobMAX; 04-03-2013 at 12:10 PM..

Old 05-14-2013, 11:44 AM

36 posts, read 111,646 times
I would recommend Lauderdale-by-the-Sea. Great little walkable area with beautiful beach, good dining, and some condos. Or try the area around Oakland Park Blvd and A1A.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area