Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 02:50 PM

70 posts, read 201,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
There are definitely great deals to be had in the Bonaventure area. I know this as we lived there from 99-06. Sold TH there in 06. Moved back north. Been seriously looking for about year now to move back to area so researching and following prices a bit obsessively.

During the period we lived in Bonaventure area we were extremely ahppy, had no problems at all. That being said it tremendously also will depend on LUCK!! You can get bad neighbors or wonderful neighbors. For the record we lived in Coconuts. The community as far as we were concerned (at least at that time, can be same,worse or better now) had great people and was run perfect. What I was always aware of was financially they were sound. They did have very good people running HOA there. Alway kept in top shape.

We do plan to move back to Fl. soon. If we do come to So..Fla area it will definitely be there. Of course after careful consideration as anything can change as we all know.

As far as walking or stroll-er as you say there were always many people walking around the community when we were. Bike riding as well. you can walk around block or just within the community itself. I know this is frowned on but after golf course was closed many people used to walk,fish,ride bikes along path at golf course. Never saw any trouble and we lived on course. Many people would just hang out and just talk ..will not get hit by ball then.

As far as I was told when moved there in 99 Bonaventure was given the option ( I believe in 98) to annex with with City of Sunrise or Weston. Obviously the new city won. Who knows what would have happened if they chose Sunrise. At the time Sunrise had more money and was more established as they were around longer.

Never saw any crime when we were there. But with economy way it has been down there who knows. We have not been back since 06. Keep in mind since that area is mostly condos and TH there are likely many investment properties. When I see that all of the sudden in March that many TH's in Coconuts that were just on the market few months prior finally sold ( some after being on & off for 3+ year) and now those same properties are up for rental . That makes it obvious that it is all mostly rentals nd not owner-occupied. That might or might not change things. Depends on the quality of the renters. When we lived there many were renters, but every single one of the renters that we knew were all wonderful residents and members of the community just as much as the owners.
All that being said when we will move back there, but who knows...may not be great as it was 5 years ago!
thanks for your comments. they are much appreciated..along with the history lesson on bonaventure. all very interesting. not sure if i want to move back into an area with so many renters nearby. like i mentioned, it's a problem where i live now...or at the least, an annoying nuisance....and i want to move to greener pastures...

if you lived there from 99 to 06 you must have lived out the boom..hope you sold very well . i too am researching and following prices...completely obsessively ! in fact, i put in an offer on a short sale in the lakes a few months back but the more time passes the more i think it's not going to happen. i really like ranch road but i would like it so MUCH MORE if it were gated, had a community tot lot or center, etc. the gated part is the main concern....b/c if you are the nicest community in close proximity to an area surrounded by rentals...well, i don't want to be a target. good luck on your search. i'm curious, how do prices compare to when you sold in 06?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 03:19 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,209,524 times
OMG prices where we were are well disaster comes to mind. As a matter of fact the place we sold in 06..the buyers already lost it. Fast too not even year after we sold it was on market. They finally did sell it last summer. For 1/3 off of what we sold it to them. Made me sad..even though does not aeffect us in any way. Was sold as short sale. They do not know this but we did put in offer when we found out. Someone else beat us to it. Hard when you are not actually there. They put a lot of $ into it as well. All new floors. Brand new gorgeous kitchen too!! Pictures say a thousand words. If you ask me (realtor kind of agreed) WAYYYY over improved for area. They are townhouses and pretty much all the same size (think there re 5 floor plans).

We did sell in nick of time.

As for Ranch Rd. area. If I were to spend that much in Weston might be better in gated community or surrounded by similiar properties at least. Never buy the most expensive in any area. Buy the cheapest in the most expensive area is better.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:16 AM

21 posts, read 69,104 times
Can anyone give an update on the condo/townhome market in Bonaventure.
Did OP buy there and what was his/her experiences.

Specifically does anyone have any in-depth knowledge of the Country Club apartments and what it is like to live there

Thanks

Old 05-28-2012, 08:54 AM

2,033 posts, read 3,209,524 times
I am curious myself as have not been there since sold in 06.

Old 10-05-2021, 08:14 PM

1 posts, read 344 times
I have been living in Bonaventure since 2003 and honestly it has only gotten better. Yes they have areas with lots of condos and town homes but they have enriched this part of the city by building a park and a new fire station and have in recent years built a new gated community called Botaniko with million dollar properties. It's only appreciated since I moved here. I've never experienced crime and the community is very friendly and has great community events at the Bonaventure town center which has also been remodeled and I still live here and love it. Buying anywhere in Weston is a good investment. Bonaventure is just more affordable but equally as safe as the rest of Weston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area