Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 05:49 PM

166 posts, read 384,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard107 View Post
Ok whoa I had no idea they could run that high! Are there any nice non-gated non-HOA neighborhoods in the Parkland or Coral Springs area? We were concentrating on those areas because of their good school reputation as well as close proximity to my husbands work in Pompano Beach.

Thanks!
Yes there are non-gated non-HOA communities in Parkland and many more in Coral Springs! Some of the real estate websites do not accurately put out the HOA fee as per month, per quarter, per year, etc. There are plenty of nice gated communities with lower fees than what have been stated and you have to decide that in the long run, which will preserve your equity better. HOA rules are designed to make sure that your home value is maintained. I'd recommend the following article for more information on Parkland, I have too much knowledge to write here Parkland Lifestyle

Yes, you've done very well researching this by yourself, many young families concentrate on these cities, for safe neighborhoods and excellent schools Forbes Parkland Schools
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 05:52 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,479,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
in broward county u really want and almost need to be in a gated community or newer highrise condo
Why is that?

Old 11-03-2011, 06:07 PM

2 posts, read 2,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard107 View Post
Ok whoa I had no idea they could run that high! Are there any nice non-gated non-HOA neighborhoods in the Parkland or Coral Springs area? We were concentrating on those areas because of their good school reputation as well as close proximity to my husbands work in Pompano Beach.

Thanks!
There are definatly nice non-gated non- HOA neighborhoods in the Coral Springs area. (Not sure about Parkland) Try the Country Club Estates in Coral Springs (It may sound expensive but most homes are in the $200,000s-$300,000s), there are quite a few houses currently for sale in the neighborhood. It is very laid-back, not gated (but safe), no HOAs and relatively big lots, definatly not cookie cutter! Here is a map: http://wikimapia.org/6026421/Country-Club-Estates If you go to the left and hover over some of the areas you will find Sawgrass Springs Middle and Coral Glades High.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:21 PM

2 posts, read 2,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
Why is that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
in broward county u really want and almost need to be in a gated community or newer highrise condo
I don't think this is completly true. Maybe in some areas but there are plenty of safe areas, especially in Coral Springs and Parkland where you do not need to live in a gated community.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:27 PM

It is more about the city or area than whether you live in a gated community or not. A gated community does very little to provide safety.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:44 AM

153 posts, read 249,096 times
Default ard107

Assume much? I have places in NJ and Fla...not that's it any of your business which forums I choose to read and comment on. You thought the HOA fees listed were yearly, and you're calling ME and idiot?

Last edited by RicKaysen; 11-04-2011 at 08:52 AM..

Old 11-04-2011, 11:33 AM

7 posts, read 10,979 times
Ok Rick Kaysen of NJ and FL - maybe you can help me then instead of belittling my question? What is your experience with HOA fees - what do you know? How much do you pay per month/quarter/yearly, etc. Just trying to get a feel as we budget for our move and pinpoint where to look when we come down to buy our home at the end of the month.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:29 AM

141 posts, read 405,854 times
I believe our HOA fees are fairly typical for the services they provide. We are an 1100 home community with 14 neighborhoods. Dues are paid monthly to both..
The Master Associations dues ($153) include manned security 24 hours (gate), roaming security 10 hours, landscaping of common areas, maintenance of roads through the community and "cable" service to homes (U-verse which includes DVR).
The neighborhoods all offer different services and therefore have different fees. Mine consisting of 63 private homes, includes landscaping of the homes, common areas and house painting in the fee ($165).
There is a large golf course within the community area but it is independently owned.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:50 PM

33 posts, read 65,688 times
ok how about this, my name is mike im 29 years old and i been in broward most of my life. u dont need to be in just a gated communituy to live nice in broward. i live in pompano east of dixie in the highlands. its not run down, its older and i pay **** for what i got. 975 3 bed 1 bath screened in front porch patio area, room extension, garage, carport, shed, backyard and central ac w/ a nice park directly across the street from me...broward is only as bad as an county...its only as bad as u let it get

Old 11-07-2011, 08:27 AM

People think that living in a gated community is so much safer. Most gated communities can be breached very easily, especially apartment communities. Professional thieves will find a way to get in and burglarize your house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area