Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2011, 03:56 PM

415 posts, read 1,111,451 times

Advertisements

Hiya,

I grew up in South Florida (Stuart) and lived most of my adult life in Broward County. I worked for Broward college at the Pembroke Pines campus, and lived at various times in Boca, Pompano Beach, Coral Springs and Plantation.

So I haven't been down there in more than five years now, and want to do a little 3 or 4-day getaway next month. I remember basically how to get around and always enjoyed Hollywood's boardwalk, but since I lived there I don't know the first thing about the hotels and such!

This is a last-ditch getaway before our twins are born, so we're trying to be pretty economical. I'd love to stay at the Crowne Plaza or the Westin Diplomat but that ain't gonna happen. I do remember that the smallish places can be very hit or miss as far as quality. They might have a flattering picture of the outside on their website but be pretty crappy inside.

What do y'all think? We like B&B type places, though an actual B&B is not necessary. We saw one online called Ataraxia by the Sea that has nice pics and a very, very, very reasonable rate. The problem is that we can't find ANY reviews for it whatsover, good or bad!

Any suggestions for places in the $100-150/night range? It doesn't have to be directly on the beach, but I will not be very mobile by then so my preference would be to stay in a place where I can at least see and hear the ocean from my room. :-)

Jenny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 07:44 PM

415 posts, read 1,111,451 times
My significant other just told me I was being WAY too cheap on the hotel price. He said ~ $200 is what he was planning.

:-) Who'd've thunk I would be the cheap one! LOL

Jenny

Old 01-07-2011, 07:58 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,721,803 times
Look on Expedia. You should have no problem...I just did a quick search and even the Crowne Plaza is coming up at $164/night. I find the reviews on Expedia to be very helpful as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area