Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 05:21 PM

4 posts, read 30,614 times

Advertisements

There are many 55+ communities in Broward. There is a State website devoted to them, by County:

Housing Directory - Florida Commission on Human Relations

NOTE: There looks like there are LOTS, but each building in Century Village is considered a "separate" association, so you may want to note that many in "Deerfield" or "Pembroke Pines" are in the same Century Village complex. That may also be the case for some of the other communities.

This is another link that may help:

Adult Retirement Communities

What price range would you be looking in? Are you looking for a single-family home, a villa/townhouse, or a condo? If a condo, does it matter whether it's a building with a lobby or can it be an "open" condo (with outdoor breezeways)? Do you care whether it's a taller building (5+ floors)? This makes a big difference on where to live.

Just the first few that come to mind: Century Village is mainly (if not only?) condos - they are both in Deerfield Beach and Pembroke Pines. Kings Point has villas as well as "short" and "tall" condos, some with up to a 2-car garage. There is a development called Mainlands of Tamarac which is mainly 2-bedroom single-family homes, some with 1 and some with 2 baths, and some with garages - as I understand it, the association takes care of the outside of the homes (landscaping, paint, etc.). There is another development called Leisureville in Pompano which is small single-family homes. Coconut Creek has one too that has Villas and a clubhouse ... Wynmoor Village. if you're looking in the North-West of the County, it's a good one to look at.

There are many others, and depending on the amenities you are looking for, the areas you want to live in (e.g., how important is it to be near I-95 or another highway? Do you need a "courtesy bus"? Are you looking for clubs and activities, or just pools and transportation) and the price, perhaps we could give more help.

PS - Sorry, I don't seem to know how to make the links work! Just cut and paste into your browser.

Last edited by Zadken; 04-16-2008 at 05:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 06:47 AM

2 posts, read 20,439 times
Default Century Village Pembroke Pines

I just moved in three weeks ago. The people around me are 55 and older. It is a very active community. I don't go to the health club in the mornings since it is crowded with very active people. There is no over abundance of people pushing walkers and very old residents. Come and see for yourself. It is well maintained. The residents are very friendly and I have already made many new friends. Don't listen to hearsay. This is a very active community with so much to do. You can golf, play tennis, swim in the countless pools, go to the gym, see amazing shows, learn new skills, play pool, bocce, dance, even tap dance. There is a library, free transportation and an RN available 24/7 plus it is a gated community. And most of all, the price is right.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:37 PM

18 posts, read 70,173 times
Hi, just came across your post. I just bought a condo in Century Village in Pembroke Pines. I'm in Kingsley11. I'm not retired yet till sometime next yr. I'm from Staten Island NY I know i'll be happy there, but it will be an adjusment. I just turned 62, but i can mix with all ages. I'll be living there by myself. I have a sister who lives in Miramar 5 min. from me. I'll be there in Aug. for 2 weeks.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:26 PM

3 posts, read 27,752 times
Default Staten Islander here....I have some questions

I read your post, and think we have some things in common. I gather, since you're not retired yet, that you're still living in S.I. Well I live there also. I'm going to look at some condos in Cenury Village, Deerfield Beach in May. I'm a retired shrink, 63 yrs old. My husband is not quite ready to retire yet. Due to the lowered costs of Real Estate, we thought we'd buy now in Florida. I'll go down with friends a couple of times a year, until we move there permanently. What made you decide to buy in that particular Century Village? We haven't bought anything yet. Have you looked at the other 55+ communities nearby? This is our first shot at looking. Maybe you can give me some insight, since we're neighbors LOL. I am very new to this forum....never done this stuff before. If you choose to respond, will it be here, or do I give you my regular email address. I guess I should give it to you, (also to anyone else who might have any info on the pros/cons of buying in Century Village in Deerfield Beach. It's Trish222@aol.com Thanks in advance for any info you can provide. Tricia

Old 02-06-2011, 09:57 AM

1 posts, read 13,717 times
Does anyone have information on subsidized housing for 55+ in the Ft. Lauderdale area?

Old 03-20-2012, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 11,413 times
I am a resident of Natura + 55 HOA Located at 600 Natura Ave, Deerfield Beach 33441. I was informed by the Natura office that in order to receice a copy of Natura Assoc By-Laws I would be charged $75 OR I can go to the Broward County Website were I could see/obtain Natura's by-laws that are on record with the county and possibly download a copy. Can you please advise me with a reply is this possible and give me adice on were to find this link??? Regards, Jim Elias

Last edited by jvelias; 03-20-2012 at 08:45 AM.. Reason: spelling and adding a few key words

Old 03-22-2012, 01:11 PM

1 posts, read 11,390 times
My husband and I are recently retired and love to cruise. We currently live in PA and want to spend Jan thru April in Fort Lauderdale area. We would be first-time snowbirds.

We have no idea how to go about finding a 2-bedroom 2 bath furnished apt/condo for such a short-term stay.

We plan on flying down to the area sometime in Sept or Oct of 2012 and checking out the area with the end result of signing a lease for those months beginning in Jan of 2013.

Do we try to contact a realtor who specializes in this type of property management or do we contact Chamber of Commerce and ask for brochures?

HELP!

Slimmom.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:47 AM

26 posts, read 126,723 times
Century Village in Deerfield Beach.
Kings Point in Tamarac.
Winston Park in Coconut Creek.

There are also a few 55+ in the Township which is in Coconut Creek on Sample & Lyons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area