Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2010, 03:33 PM

9 posts, read 129,876 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have experiences, opinions,or facts about elastometric roof coatings? I understand what they are and what they are supposed to do. Products such as Acrylux, Somay, Lanco, etc. are available in South Florida, but comparison information is difficult. The price difference is the key question. Is it worth it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 06:42 AM

346 posts, read 1,343,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anker View Post
Does anyone have experiences, opinions,or facts about elastometric roof coatings? I understand what they are and what they are supposed to do. Products such as Acrylux, Somay, Lanco, etc. are available in South Florida, but comparison information is difficult. The price difference is the key question. Is it worth it?
You know, I am considering doing this to my flat roof area over my family room and have been reading around. I found the best reviews about these products are directly from Homedepot.com and Lowes.com. The customers that have bought them and applied the material have a lot of good advice and insight on everyone of them. You can also find reviews on Amazon.com as well.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:07 AM

12 posts, read 54,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anker View Post

The products you mentioned all stretch and are basically a mastic and not 100% waterproof, they require and recommend a top coat of paint.
The only one that is 100% waterproof is from All White Manufacturing in Davie. It costs considerably more than the others because they use 3 times the resins to make it.
I use the Acylux to build up the mil thickness and the the All White to top coat.
Have and maintain several houses over the last 20 years with this process.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:38 PM

Is the Acrylux products worth the cost? Do you build up the Acrylux Mastic? The do you top coat with All White's semi-gloss or their R400?
Another question I would like to ask. Do you think that the black algae "mildew" eats or consumes the mastic or does the mastic slough off over time?

Old 08-18-2010, 07:30 AM

12 posts, read 54,367 times
I'm not a microbiologist nor chemist, but I can tell you that the midew or fungi cannot be totally removed in some spots and obviously down into the coating. The mildew color can be removed with a diluted solution of bleach or chlorine. Whether this actually kills everything or just bleaches it, I don't know, but it is the best one can do.
You can use the Lanco stuff from Home Depot, it's cheaper than Acrylux, just don't use the siliconized stuff. If I were to start a roof from scratch, I would build mil thickness with the cheapest stuff.

All White also has an R500 that has a stronger bioside in it as well. It is by far the glossiest of any and my understanding is the the more the gloss the harder for the mildew or fungus to attach.
Here is a link for info
PRA Microbiology > Paint Microbiology (http://www2.pra-world.com/technical/microbiology.htm - broken link)

My experience is that you can guarantee leaks unless topcoated with All White. Been thru that.

Old 08-21-2010, 03:33 AM

33060, you have mentioned not to the use the "siliconized" Lanco products. Why?
I have a roof that I am trying to get another five years to ten years out of. Any thoughts?

Old 10-19-2011, 08:57 PM

1 posts, read 9,718 times
I'm confused with statement from 33060. Was your warranty void because you used the All White? or you recommend using it so you can GUARANTEE the customer there will be no leaks? Which?

Also, which is better to use on SHINGLES the R500 or Ecrylux?

Old 02-06-2012, 09:51 AM

1 posts, read 9,518 times
Roof Coating Service Fort Lauderdale, Roofing Equipment & Supplies, Roofing Contractors, Roofing Services Consultants

"The Original Liquid
Applied Rubber Roof Shield System" TM
Roof Shield System stops roof leaks
permanently on all types of commercial built up flat decks or residential tile roofs and its proven to protect roofs against hurricane force winds
and water damage.
If you want to see the engineering and the trademarked original liquid rubber roof process go to theroofstore.net
Acrylux Mastic, Somay Mastic and all Home Depote Roof Paint Coatings are not to be used in ponding water" read their warranty", its called saturation, these are all good proucts for walls not engineered to be on flat roofs.
Elastomeric is a process of manufacturing made by combining enamel and thickeners, "that is caulk" then you have to paint it, mastic is caulk, paint is paint and premium 100% Rubber is 100% Rubber.
CLaims of being Hurricane Proof:
The only site or product application system that has the video of the system, video testimonials of destroyed roofs, references and copys of the documneted contracts that survived the hurricanes is on the site theroofstore.net with name address and yes phone numbers of those real property owners and they answer their phone.
Lastly, Everyone of these companys do not have the actual Tas-106 Uplift Pull Test except this system
Their extolation is not an exam High Velocity Wind Zone Rated means: homes in high wind arears throughout Florida, Tas-121 means the structure the coating being applied to has its wind lift property with in its own design, adding mastic does not increase the uplift, and is not to be applied to the head laps of the tiles may present some challenges, read the codes!
Take no mans word against the evidence!
Roof Shield System stops roof leaks permanently on all types of commercial built up flat decks or residential tile roofs and its proven to protect roofs against hurricane force winds and water damage. We are the specialty contracting and manufacturing firm and The home of The Original world class liquid rubber products and its exclusive trademarked system application now made available for purchase through our site theroofstore.net distribution network. With over 50 years of combined effort engineers have designed an outstanding, innovative product. The systems developed have proven to stop roof and wall leaks permanently and protect against hurricane force winds and water damage.Through the utilization of a innovative proprietary manufacturing technology this unique manufacturing process produces a true liquid Rubber Acrylic with out water, fillers or extenders.The Original Liquid Applied Rubber coating has been used successfully on many different substrates and subjected to severe conditions ranging from the tropical to the freezing north.Our trademarked World Class Rubber can restore protect and preserve any clean, dry, and stable surface: Concrete, Barrel, Flat, or S - Tile, Metal, Gravel, Foam Roofs, Walls, Decks and much more....
Generally roof and wall surface construction at its first line of defense is insufficient especially at the surface top layers. The reflective property's as well as use full life durations are simply inadequate.The only way to protect your investment and extend the life of your property is to apply The Original Liquid Applied Rubber Roof Shield System Coating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area