Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2024, 09:08 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,583,387 times

Advertisements

Its a budget thing as they are fairly lean and often run on sale.

Easy sauce for a pork loin that I can throw in a bowl to marinate overnight then throw on a pan for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

Goals. One of my jobs is at a grocery store and sometimes they have those flavored pork loins on short date sales. It's cheap and I can usually get 2 meals out of 1.

1) Easy and preferably from a bottle or close. I have 3 jobs. Time is limited.
2) I don't like subtle flavors. I like intense flavor coming at me with a hockey mask and a running chainsaw.

Was thinking a creamy peppercorn sauce like Red Robin used to have might be good. Anyone know where they got it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2024, 10:07 AM

5,874 posts, read 6,940,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
One of my jobs is at a grocery store and sometimes they have those flavored pork loins on short date sales.
Look at what the "flavoring" is on the pork, before you decide what to marinate with. You probably don't want to add salt, if there is already salt on it.

Old 04-05-2024, 10:28 AM

130,047 posts, read 12,072,794 times
If it already has flavoring, you probably don't need to add anything else. If you want sauces, just look at what you can find at the store, (bottles) & try a few different varieties, whatever flavor profile appeals to you

Old 04-05-2024, 10:38 AM

12,365 posts, read 9,473,336 times
Assuming it's a naked pork loin, you can slice it perpendicular to the long axis into slices about 3/4in to 1in thick and then cut those slices into cubes, and then marinade the cubes.

I am used to an Asian marinade with a nice, smooth tasting low-salt soy sauce, add some brown sugar, ginger, lemon juice, and a bit of garlic. You can put the cubes with the marinade into a tupperware container in the fridge to marinade for say 3-12 hours. The meat doesn't need to be completely submerged in marinade, just flip the lidded container over and back now and then to keep all the meat surfaces wet with marinade.

This meat is great when incorporated into stir fries (my favorite) - stir fry the meat by itself first and then set aside, then stir-fry your veggies and when they are nearly done add the meat to them and heat the whole shebang and serve with e.g. steamed brown rice. This marinaded pork can also be used as shish kebab meat on the bbq, or just broiled.

Old 04-05-2024, 10:54 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
If it already has flavoring, you probably don't need to add anything else. If you want sauces, just look at what you can find at the store, (bottles) & try a few different varieties, whatever flavor profile appeals to you
That was an aside of what I meant by flavored. I do mean flavoring a plain loin. BTW Thank you Outdoorlover.

Old 04-05-2024, 10:56 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
If it's pre-marinated just slice and cook.

If it's naked I like all sorts of different flavors with pork loins or chops. But I'm a dry rub kinda guy. I have marinated loin in the past, and I kinda like the chili/lime/ginger combo. Just a quick google search I found this- https://www.safeway.com/shop/product...0220629&psrc=g

Quote:
With a subtle bite of ginger flavor, you get an added kick layered on top of the chili spice.

Old 04-05-2024, 10:59 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
I like to give it a spicy rub, and then glaze it in something "fruit". You can pull cranberry sauce or sliced peaches from the pantry, doctor it up and it almost always turns out good.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-05-2024, 11:02 AM

4,341 posts, read 2,227,253 times
I like to use a seasoning/rub on pork loin, then pan sear and serve with a chimichurri sauce (easy to make) on the side for my guests to decide yes or no.

Old 04-05-2024, 11:06 AM

12,365 posts, read 9,473,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
That was an aside of what I meant by flavored. I do mean flavoring a plain loin. BTW Thank you Outdoorlover.
Sure thing... that was a simplified version of an Indonesian marinade - my parents grew up there and I've made it enough that I just eyeball the quantities... but there are regional variations on this from Indonesia all the way up to Japan :-).

Old 04-05-2024, 12:18 PM

4,196 posts, read 4,449,313 times
If it is 'nude' tenderloin (or sirloin) I will use ginger, chili pepper, red pepper, black pepper and douse it in about 6-8 oz of Gen Tso sauce (you can try other sauces too I've done it with Sweet and Sour etc.), slather and let sit in bowl in refrigerator about 24-48 hours. I bake it on flat sheet with a heap of sweet onions covering it and carrots (occasionally add sweet potatoes or parsnips) usually get 2-3 additional meals from the portion I refrigerate.

I also did this with Chicken breast after an accidental purchase (meant to purchases boneless skinless thighs) and it turned out great. I did whole batch of Chicken breast then cubed after cooked and put in portions in freezer along with red bean rice or jambalaya mix w vegetables and some raw veggies. All I do when I come home is add some water let it thaw about 2 minutes and then pop in microwave on high for about 10-12 minutes.

When I get marinated pork tenderloins I prefer the Mesquite (Aldi) and will slice/score and embed it with ginger slices and add additional black pepper. Do same as above. Bake covered in sweet onion and additional root vegetables. Its quick efficient and makes my dinner choices convenient as I usually have a rotation between pork, chicken, fish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink