Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2024, 10:33 AM

6,107 posts, read 2,731,285 times

Advertisements

Chizza (Not Pizza) features two 100% white meat Extra Crispy fried chicken filets topped with zesty marinara sauce, melty mozzarella cheese and crispy pepperoni.

Chizza made its debut on KFC menus in the Philippines back in 2015 and since then the unique KFC dish has made its way around the world to Korea, Taiwan, India, Thailand, Germany, Spain and Mexico, among other countries. Now, you can experience the global phenomenon here in the US for the very first time.

https://www.chewboom.com/2024/02/21/...ruary-26-2024/

As a fan of their double-down sandwich, this seems just as delicious with prob a thousand calories and 3000 milligrams of salt lol, and very gluttonous.

I imagine it tastes like a Chicken parm. I shall get it next time I swing by KFC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2024, 10:41 AM

23,604 posts, read 70,456,777 times
Sounds like bar food. What next, chicken tikka masala?

Old 02-26-2024, 02:58 PM

4,385 posts, read 4,396,257 times
Sounds like one of my Italian recipes using chicken breasts pounded thin wrapped in prosciutto then pan fried and covered with provolone or mozzarella and marinara.
Pretty, pretty, pretty good (with apologies to Larry David)

Old 02-26-2024, 04:10 PM

19,795 posts, read 22,695,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
Sounds like one of my Italian recipes using chicken breasts pounded thin wrapped in prosciutto then pan fried and covered with provolone or mozzarella and marinara.
It sounds nothing like a home cooked dish like you described! I've had something similar to what you described and it is delicious!

Old 02-27-2024, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
It sounds nothing like a home cooked dish like you described! I've had something similar to what you described and it is delicious!
substitute pepperoni for prosciutto and they are identical. But, whatever.

Old 02-27-2024, 06:11 AM

748 posts, read 840,979 times
[QUOTE
As a fan of their double-down sandwich, this seems just as delicious with prob a thousand calories and 3000 milligrams of salt lol, and very gluttonous.[/quote]

I will definitely try this. I guess I never understood why they discontinued the double down. Those things were so beautiful they actually brought tears to my eyes.

Old 02-27-2024, 11:13 PM

2,102 posts, read 1,024,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRlaura View Post
Those things were so beautiful they actually brought tears to my eyes.
Having to look at the typical American on a daily basis also brings tears to my eyes - and not in a good way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2cents55 View Post
As a fan of their double-down sandwich, this seems just as delicious with prob a thousand calories and 3000 milligrams of salt lol, and very gluttonous. I shall get it next time I swing by KFC.
Makes my eyes water with disgust and disdain toward my fellow man.

Old 02-28-2024, 05:30 AM

17,403 posts, read 16,553,894 times
It sounds very heavy and salty to me. If they could do a grilled chicken with marina and Parmesan I might be up for that but I think they did away with their grilled chicken so I doubt that'll ever be an option.

Old 02-28-2024, 06:02 AM

7,114 posts, read 4,833,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
Not to hijack, but do you coat with flour, breadcrumbs, etc before panfrying? Never made it wrapped in proscuitto. We usually pound it thin, dip in egg wash, then seasoned flour or breadcrumbs, pan fry or oven fry, then cover with sauce, plop cheese on top, bake again until the cheese is melted.

To stay on topic, the KFC Chizza (dumb name) sounds good.

Old 02-28-2024, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Not to hijack, but do you coat with flour, breadcrumbs, etc before panfrying? Never made it wrapped in proscuitto. We usually pound it thin, dip in egg wash, then seasoned flour or breadcrumbs, pan fry or oven fry, then cover with sauce, plop cheese on top, bake again until the cheese is melted.

To stay on topic, the KFC Chizza (dumb name) sounds good.
I do not coat it with anything when doing the prosciutto recipe -- just fry in fairly hot skillet with a light coating of olive oil, then lower heat, pour the sauce over it, layer the cheese and cover so it cooks a bit longer and the cheese melts.
I pound the breasts fairly thin, then wrap with prosciutto and pound some more with the corrugated side of my wooden meat mallet.
I usually have some pasta coated with olive oil, salt and pepper that I lay it on to serve.

I wonder if the KFC thing is meant to be finger food? Sounds messy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink